Good Stuff From a Brother

We never get tired of hearing these tales.
hugodrax
All Around Nice Guy
All Around Nice Guy

Good Stuff From a Brother

Post by hugodrax » Mon Mar 12, 2018 1:27 pm

Tatanka wrote:
Mon Mar 12, 2018 1:24 pm

I am very humbly seeking Divine HELP.....to prop up my weak faith, and to pump some air in my "Perseverance" to show some real spiritual growth in maturity; I mean the "real stuff" in the FATHER's view; of living James' inspired counsel that is still a 'mind blower' for me: Ja. 1:2 NIV "Consider it PURE JOY...whenever you face trials of many kinds...." (My emphasis!) In aiming at this, guys, I'm doing the only thing that came to mind after I have had this a priority #1 urgency in my prayers; I try and give thanks whenever the doubts and the pain drives me almost to the point of yelling loudly at times - - to give thanks for whatever I see or think about at that moment! Usually it is a visual thing, because my mind is locked into dealing with pain. So I find myself even giving thanks for a pencil to write with; a fan to turn on; a comfortable pillow; you name it. And I "think" ?????? it's beginning to work. A sense of GENUINE thankfulness, which links to James' "consider it pure joy" is lessening the panic, the worry, the "what if's?" medically ahead, etc.

It has been so much easier,throughout my life, to preach the Bible message of Truth to others. Faith talk is SO EASY. The words just fall off one's tongue - - BUT, when you find yourself helpless in the firey furnace...and no "2nd" Person is seen; Ahhh! Then!!!! "How's this Faith thing working for you, Jess?"!!! So praying to be held in a continual mind-'set' of expressing thankfulness to the LORD, when the "dog bites and the winds blow" (my form of the words of the original song, which escapes me now) - is where I am "Clinging to the ROCK" with fingernails at times. I can say that there is no greater exciting real-life experience and adventure than grasping onto the Faith line and clinging with all your might, even holding on by the grip of the teeth and jaw at times....remembering that "it develops perseverance, and perseverance is what finishes the work AND....the real clincher 'for me' is that THIS attitude of joy and thanks-giving "in ALL circumstances IS GOD's WILL for (us) in Christ Jesus." 1 Thess. 5:16-18.

Your prayers, brothers, are MUCH appreciated. To GOD be the Glory! GREAT things He has done!

I contend my testimony here IS a ______ Fact About myself !
Etiam mihi opinio anserem perirent.

hugodrax
All Around Nice Guy
All Around Nice Guy

Re: Good Stuff From a Brother

Post by hugodrax » Mon Mar 12, 2018 1:32 pm

This really moved me. Good Stuff, and so true. It's hard to thank God for all things. I'm lousy at it.
Etiam mihi opinio anserem perirent.

JudgeRusty
Didn't even get to wear his hat
Didn't even get to wear his hat

Post by JudgeRusty » Mon Mar 12, 2018 1:39 pm

I memorized those verses in James over 25 years ago. I consider them favorites.
I am lousy at applying them.
Thanks for the word.
Both of you.
Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I have become sounding brass or a clanging cymbal

FredS
Really, really likes watching kids fish.
Really, really likes watching kids fish.

Post by FredS » Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:05 pm

We're all lousy at suffering. The Psalms are full of people crying to God for help. Jesus Himself cried for relief when he was in the garden. It's a powerful image to consider Jesus, face down on the ground crying to His Father. Tatanka is wise to circle back, as Jesus did, and understand Gods mysterious will and work on earth if our pains are not relieved. He's also wise to see how easy - and hollow - it is tell tell others 'It's His plan' when they're suffering, yet it's so hard for us to accept it for ourselves.
"If we ever get to heaven boys, it aint because we aint done nothin' wrong" - Kris Kristofferson

"One of the things I love about CPS is the frank and enthusiastic dysfunction here. God help me, I do love it so." – OldWorldSwine

"I'd like to put a hook in that puppet and swing it through a bunch of salmon!" - durangopipe

Tatanka
Recently Discovered CPS is a Nut House
Recently Discovered CPS is a Nut House

Post by Tatanka » Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:28 pm

hugodrax wrote:
Mon Mar 12, 2018 1:27 pm
Tatanka wrote:
Mon Mar 12, 2018 1:24 pm

I am very humbly seeking Divine HELP.....to prop up my weak faith, and to pump some air in my "Perseverance" to show some real spiritual growth in maturity; I mean the "real stuff" in the FATHER's view; of living James' inspired counsel that is still a 'mind blower' for me: Ja. 1:2 NIV "Consider it PURE JOY...whenever you face trials of many kinds...." (My emphasis!) In aiming at this, guys, I'm doing the only thing that came to mind after I have had this a priority #1 urgency in my prayers; I try and give thanks whenever the doubts and the pain drives me almost to the point of yelling loudly at times - - to give thanks for whatever I see or think about at that moment! Usually it is a visual thing, because my mind is locked into dealing with pain. So I find myself even giving thanks for a pencil to write with; a fan to turn on; a comfortable pillow; you name it. And I "think" ?????? it's beginning to work. A sense of GENUINE thankfulness, which links to James' "consider it pure joy" is lessening the panic, the worry, the "what if's?" medically ahead, etc.

It has been so much easier,throughout my life, to preach the Bible message of Truth to others. Faith talk is SO EASY. The words just fall off one's tongue - - BUT, when you find yourself helpless in the firey furnace...and no "2nd" Person is seen; Ahhh! Then!!!! "How's this Faith thing working for you, Jess?"!!! So praying to be held in a continual mind-'set' of expressing thankfulness to the LORD, when the "dog bites and the winds blow" (my form of the words of the original song, which escapes me now) - is where I am "Clinging to the ROCK" with fingernails at times. I can say that there is no greater exciting real-life experience and adventure than grasping onto the Faith line and clinging with all your might, even holding on by the grip of the teeth and jaw at times....remembering that "it develops perseverance, and perseverance is what finishes the work AND....the real clincher 'for me' is that THIS attitude of joy and thanks-giving "in ALL circumstances IS GOD's WILL for (us) in Christ Jesus." 1 Thess. 5:16-18.

Your prayers, brothers, are MUCH appreciated. To GOD be the Glory! GREAT things He has done!

I contend my testimony here IS a ______ Fact About myself !

Your humble opinion is acknowledged, kind sir.
Soli Deo Gloria!

"If the doors (windows) of perception were cleansed, everything would appear as it is - infinite." ~ William Blake