kaydens wrote:
JudgeRusty wrote:
Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:41 am
coco wrote:
Tue Feb 27, 2018 7:58 am
Teipen Heritage Series
FTW
This.
That was actually the first place I looked, I’m definitely going to show him Wayne’s site!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Pleasures are shafts of the glory as it strikes our sensibility... Make every pleasure into a channel of adoration." ~C.S. Lewis

rgcurrey
Usher
Usher

Re: Military Friend wants a pipe

Post by rgcurrey » Sun Mar 04, 2018 10:02 am

I kept looking at the Heritage pipes, but, it seems you have to be quick as they are always sold out.
Well I got a job and tried to put my money away
But I got debts that no honest man can pay - B. Springsteen

And he said to the man,
"Behold, the fear of the Lord, that is wisdom,
and to turn away from evil is understanding." - Job 28:28

JohnnyMcPiperson
I want one of those
I want one of those

Post by JohnnyMcPiperson » Tue Mar 06, 2018 2:07 am

Indeed

"Pleasures are shafts of the glory as it strikes our sensibility... Make every pleasure into a channel of adoration." ~C.S. Lewis

Joshoowah
Hermeneutic of suspicion
Hermeneutic of suspicion
Location: Nairobi, Kenya; formerly Wilmore, KY; Formerly Athens, AL

Post by Joshoowah » Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:28 am

If it's only going to be "one" pipe and money is no object, it's going to have to be a mixture of aesthetics and practicality. I liked Kayden's suggestion, as in it should be sandblasted, for sure, and it needs to have a decent sized shank (for potential drops), as well as a medium sized bowl. I would suggest the lighter, the better, but you want to find something in the healthy medium (1.5-2.5 oz). Anything less gets a bit dainty and will suffer if neglected (say, it's dropped).

A heritage series pipe by Wayne is a good starter. They're cheap, but not too cheap, and made extremely well. I'd probably buy a Nate King or one of Wayne's higher end pipes if I were only going to buy one and money was no object. Chris Askwith is a possibility for me too, as they are classic shapes, nice sandblast, and light.
"For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain. If I am to go on living in the body, this will mean fruitful labor for me. Yet what shall I choose?" Philippians 1:21-22

ImageImage

John-Boy
I'm a lover and I'm a sinner
I'm a lover and I'm a sinner

Post by John-Boy » Sat Mar 31, 2018 11:59 am

A meer eagle claw... they come with cases
Praying - coco
Sometimes memes can be helpful as well as humorous - Jocose
Yer mom is kindhearted and well respected in her community - JMG

JohnnyMcPiperson
I want one of those
I want one of those

Post by JohnnyMcPiperson » Tue Apr 03, 2018 7:23 pm

Joshoowah wrote:If it's only going to be "one" pipe and money is no object, it's going to have to be a mixture of aesthetics and practicality. I liked Kayden's suggestion, as in it should be sandblasted, for sure, and it needs to have a decent sized shank (for potential drops), as well as a medium sized bowl. I would suggest the lighter, the better, but you want to find something in the healthy medium (1.5-2.5 oz). Anything less gets a bit dainty and will suffer if neglected (say, it's dropped).

A heritage series pipe by Wayne is a good starter. They're cheap, but not too cheap, and made extremely well. I'd probably buy a Nate King or one of Wayne's higher end pipes if I were only going to buy one and money was no object. Chris Askwith is a possibility for me too, as they are classic shapes, nice sandblast, and light.
I like where your head is at!

rgcurrey
Usher
Usher

Post by rgcurrey » Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:22 am

JohnnyMcPiperson wrote:
Tue Apr 03, 2018 7:23 pm
Joshoowah wrote:If it's only going to be "one" pipe and money is no object, it's going to have to be a mixture of aesthetics and practicality. I liked Kayden's suggestion, as in it should be sandblasted, for sure, and it needs to have a decent sized shank (for potential drops), as well as a medium sized bowl. I would suggest the lighter, the better, but you want to find something in the healthy medium (1.5-2.5 oz). Anything less gets a bit dainty and will suffer if neglected (say, it's dropped).

I like where your head is at!

Smokingpipes has an Askwith billiard in the estate pipe section that would fit this for $200.
Well I got a job and tried to put my money away
But I got debts that no honest man can pay - B. Springsteen

And he said to the man,
"Behold, the fear of the Lord, that is wisdom,
and to turn away from evil is understanding." - Job 28:28