Favorite Pipe Shape - Poll

Pipe and other hardware related discussions

What's your favorite pipe shape?

Lovat
4
15%
Canadian
1
4%
Billiard
9
33%
Dublin (for JimVH)
3
11%
JoeGoat has made for me a couple pipes with this shape. This the later one with a very large chamber. I like the shape for it feels so natural in my hand. I first saw this shape by Pipa Croci. Image
2
7%
Bulldog
6
22%
Rhodesian
1
4%
Other
1
4%
 
Total votes: 27

User avatar
John-Boy
I'm a lover and I'm a sinner
I'm a lover and I'm a sinner
Posts: 33275
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2003 6:00 pm
Contact:

Favorite Pipe Shape - Poll

Post by John-Boy » Mon Dec 31, 2018 3:20 pm

Vote for your favorite shape
Praying - coco
Sometimes memes can be helpful as well as humorous - Jocose
Yer mom is kindhearted and well respected in her community - JMG
And when I am sitting on my new saddle, I will know that my weight is resting upon the collective minds of CPS - GaryinVa

User avatar
JudgeRusty
Didn't even get to wear his hat
Didn't even get to wear his hat
Posts: 6275
Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2011 6:00 pm
Location: AL

Re: Favorite Pipe Shape - Poll

Post by JudgeRusty » Mon Dec 31, 2018 3:29 pm

I really like the built in bias of this poll (as opposed to the bias of those that I usually receive on my home phone).
Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I have become sounding brass or a clanging cymbal

User avatar
John-Boy
I'm a lover and I'm a sinner
I'm a lover and I'm a sinner
Posts: 33275
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2003 6:00 pm
Contact:

Re: Favorite Pipe Shape - Poll

Post by John-Boy » Mon Dec 31, 2018 3:31 pm

JudgeRusty wrote:
Mon Dec 31, 2018 3:29 pm
I really like the built in bias of this poll (as opposed to the bias of those that I usually receive on my home phone).
Image
Praying - coco
Sometimes memes can be helpful as well as humorous - Jocose
Yer mom is kindhearted and well respected in her community - JMG
And when I am sitting on my new saddle, I will know that my weight is resting upon the collective minds of CPS - GaryinVa

User avatar
durangopipe
Under-secretary to the Minister of Pipe Breaking
Under-secretary to the Minister of Pipe Breaking
Posts: 6814
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2016 3:58 pm
Location: Southwest Colorado

Re: Favorite Pipe Shape - Poll

Post by durangopipe » Mon Dec 31, 2018 4:47 pm

Who was your favorite President?

Harding
Andrew Johnson
Pierce
Other


(That kind of bias.)


Sure most of us would vote for Pierce.
Your poll does lump a great number of hugely popular pipe shapes into “Other.”

Where’s the terrifically popular Blowfish? The perennially best-selling Horn?
The Bent Bulldog Rhodesian? (Sorry Rusty. I understand that wherever Rusty is now, he was recently overheard in a heated debate with someone who wouldn’t accept his new insistence that the Rhodesian should now be called the Zimbabwean.j


I’m going to vote for JimVH (I used to live in Chicago - we voted early and often): Dublin.
And Goose: Big. Whatever, but BIG. Really, really BIG.
And myself (Why not?) Today, Author.

And whatever this is?
Toad?

Image
. . . be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God in Christ forgave you. Ephesians 4:32 (NKJV)

The most improper job of any man, even saints, is bossing other men. Not one in a million is fit for it, and least of all those who seek the opportunity.. J.R.R. Tolkien

2017 Morley - Outstanding BRATASS of the Year

User avatar
DepartedLight
Head of the Council of Fairies
Head of the Council of Fairies
Posts: 28514
Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: Tobacco Fairy HQ, North Carolina

Re: Favorite Pipe Shape - Poll

Post by DepartedLight » Mon Dec 31, 2018 5:27 pm

I do not like poll shaped pipes.
DL Jake

Feel free to use that quote in your signature. Stanley76 » 22 Feb 2019 21:50

User avatar
424cat
Congregation
Congregation
Posts: 192
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2016 10:06 pm
Location: middle tennessee

Re: Favorite Pipe Shape - Poll

Post by 424cat » Mon Dec 31, 2018 6:04 pm

I wouldn't say, this poll is rigged. But I think some of you are, blowing smoke.
on bended knee

User avatar
coco
Uniquely Duggish
Uniquely Duggish
Posts: 29337
Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: Sweet Home Alabama
Contact:

Re: Favorite Pipe Shape - Poll

Post by coco » Mon Dec 31, 2018 9:30 pm

John-Boy wrote:
Mon Dec 31, 2018 3:20 pm
Vote for your favorite shape
Mrs. Zed
"Like a gold ring in a pig's snout is a cob with a forever lucite stem." (Pipverbs 1:1)
"No more signatures that quote other CPS members." - Thunk

User avatar
JimVH
Ramone Rebuke VH
Ramone Rebuke VH
Posts: 23160
Joined: Sun May 18, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: I wasn't born in Texas, but I got here as soon as I could.
Contact:

Re: Favorite Pipe Shape - Poll

Post by JimVH » Tue Jan 01, 2019 2:20 am

The proper Dublin is a gentleman's pipe shape and is worthy of its own listing.

This is shapism and I am deeply offended.

User avatar
Goose55
Bartleby the Scrivener
Bartleby the Scrivener
Posts: 8856
Joined: Thu Feb 11, 2016 6:44 pm
Location: Southern Arizona, U.S.A.

Re: Favorite Pipe Shape - Poll

Post by Goose55 » Tue Jan 01, 2019 9:59 am

JoeGoat has made for me a couple pipes with this shape. This the later one with a very large chamber. I like the shape for it feels so natural in my hand. I first saw this shape by Pipa Croci.

Image
"At present we're on the wrong side of the door. But all the pages of the New Testament are rustling with the rumor that it will not always be so." ~ C.S. Lewis

User avatar
John-Boy
I'm a lover and I'm a sinner
I'm a lover and I'm a sinner
Posts: 33275
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2003 6:00 pm
Contact:

Re: Favorite Pipe Shape - Poll

Post by John-Boy » Tue Jan 01, 2019 11:04 am

JimVH wrote:
Tue Jan 01, 2019 2:20 am
The proper Dublin is a gentleman's pipe shape and is worthy of its own listing.

This is shapism and I am deeply offended.
I added Dublin for JimVH. Turns out adding options seems to have reset the poll. Vote again!
Praying - coco
Sometimes memes can be helpful as well as humorous - Jocose
Yer mom is kindhearted and well respected in her community - JMG
And when I am sitting on my new saddle, I will know that my weight is resting upon the collective minds of CPS - GaryinVa

User avatar
John-Boy
I'm a lover and I'm a sinner
I'm a lover and I'm a sinner
Posts: 33275
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2003 6:00 pm
Contact:

Re: Favorite Pipe Shape - Poll

Post by John-Boy » Tue Jan 01, 2019 11:07 am

Goose55 wrote:
Tue Jan 01, 2019 9:59 am
JoeGoat has made for me a couple pipes with this shape. This the later one with a very large chamber. I like the shape for it feels so natural in my hand. I first saw this shape by Pipa Croci.

Image
Goose's pipe has been added.
Praying - coco
Sometimes memes can be helpful as well as humorous - Jocose
Yer mom is kindhearted and well respected in her community - JMG
And when I am sitting on my new saddle, I will know that my weight is resting upon the collective minds of CPS - GaryinVa

User avatar
John-Boy
I'm a lover and I'm a sinner
I'm a lover and I'm a sinner
Posts: 33275
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2003 6:00 pm
Contact:

Re: Favorite Pipe Shape - Poll

Post by John-Boy » Tue Jan 01, 2019 11:08 am

durangopipe wrote:
Mon Dec 31, 2018 4:47 pm
Who was your favorite President?

Harding
Andrew Johnson
Pierce
Other


(That kind of bias.)


Sure most of us would vote for Pierce.
Your poll does lump a great number of hugely popular pipe shapes into “Other.”

Where’s the terrifically popular Blowfish? The perennially best-selling Horn?
The Bent Bulldog Rhodesian? (Sorry Rusty. I understand that wherever Rusty is now, he was recently overheard in a heated debate with someone who wouldn’t accept his new insistence that the Rhodesian should now be called the Zimbabwean.j


I’m going to vote for JimVH (I used to live in Chicago - we voted early and often): Dublin.
And Goose: Big. Whatever, but BIG. Really, really BIG.
And myself (Why not?) Today, Author.

And whatever this is?
Toad?

Image
TL;DR
Blowfish is cool. Is it your favorite?
Praying - coco
Sometimes memes can be helpful as well as humorous - Jocose
Yer mom is kindhearted and well respected in her community - JMG
And when I am sitting on my new saddle, I will know that my weight is resting upon the collective minds of CPS - GaryinVa

DAN
Mr. Miracle Whip
Mr. Miracle Whip
Posts: 4577
Joined: Fri Oct 26, 2012 6:00 pm
Location: Tulsa, Oklahoma

Re: Favorite Pipe Shape - Poll

Post by DAN » Tue Jan 01, 2019 11:08 am

If you were to judge by the contents of my pipe rack, it'd be bulldogs, both bent and otherwise.
I don't always choose sig lines just to tick someone off, but when I do, it's on CPS.

User avatar
John-Boy
I'm a lover and I'm a sinner
I'm a lover and I'm a sinner
Posts: 33275
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2003 6:00 pm
Contact:

Re: Favorite Pipe Shape - Poll

Post by John-Boy » Tue Jan 01, 2019 11:09 am

More shapes added to the poll. Vote again.
Praying - coco
Sometimes memes can be helpful as well as humorous - Jocose
Yer mom is kindhearted and well respected in her community - JMG
And when I am sitting on my new saddle, I will know that my weight is resting upon the collective minds of CPS - GaryinVa

User avatar
hugodrax
Wowbagger The Infinitely Prolonged
Wowbagger The Infinitely Prolonged
Posts: 18616
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:00 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Contact:

Re: Favorite Pipe Shape - Poll

Post by hugodrax » Tue Jan 01, 2019 11:30 am

I disapprove of this unchecked tendency of fair-minded men of catering to the notion that the great unwashed deserve inclusion at the table of the decently bred. It is kindly-meant, certainly, but it is also weak and waters down rigid societal norms that were there for a reason. Did you know that sixty years ago, bent pipes were considered rather fast?

Naturally, disordered men reject the natural law. We want our own way, after all. Seemingly innocuous bent billiards and squashed tomatoes lead inevitably to monstrous blowfishes, bizarre Danish things, and finally to The Pipe and Color Dukes.

The original poll was fine, and properly indicated whether one is Army, Navy, or a member of the professions.
Notre Dame de Paris, priez pour nous y comprise les Jesuites.

User avatar
JimVH
Ramone Rebuke VH
Ramone Rebuke VH
Posts: 23160
Joined: Sun May 18, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: I wasn't born in Texas, but I got here as soon as I could.
Contact:

Re: Favorite Pipe Shape - Poll

Post by JimVH » Tue Jan 01, 2019 1:40 pm

hugodrax wrote:
Tue Jan 01, 2019 11:30 am
I disapprove of this unchecked tendency of fair-minded men of catering to the notion that the great unwashed deserve inclusion at the table of the decently bred. It is kindly-meant, certainly, but it is also weak and waters down rigid societal norms that were there for a reason. Did you know that sixty years ago, bent pipes were considered rather fast?

Naturally, disordered men reject the natural law. We want our own way, after all. Seemingly innocuous bent billiards and squashed tomatoes lead inevitably to monstrous blowfishes, bizarre Danish things, and finally to The Pipe and Color Dukes.

The original poll was fine, and properly indicated whether one is Army, Navy, or a member of the professions.
That's a too many words for this unwashed, poorly bred fellow, but I think I'm offended. :)

User avatar
hugodrax
Wowbagger The Infinitely Prolonged
Wowbagger The Infinitely Prolonged
Posts: 18616
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:00 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Contact:

Re: Favorite Pipe Shape - Poll

Post by hugodrax » Tue Jan 01, 2019 1:59 pm

JimVH wrote:
Tue Jan 01, 2019 1:40 pm
hugodrax wrote:
Tue Jan 01, 2019 11:30 am
I disapprove of this unchecked tendency of fair-minded men of catering to the notion that the great unwashed deserve inclusion at the table of the decently bred. It is kindly-meant, certainly, but it is also weak and waters down rigid societal norms that were there for a reason. Did you know that sixty years ago, bent pipes were considered rather fast?

Naturally, disordered men reject the natural law. We want our own way, after all. Seemingly innocuous bent billiards and squashed tomatoes lead inevitably to monstrous blowfishes, bizarre Danish things, and finally to The Pipe and Color Dukes.

The original poll was fine, and properly indicated whether one is Army, Navy, or a member of the professions.
That's a too many words for this unwashed, poorly bred fellow, but I think I'm offended. :)
You’re so clean you squeak. A man who likes Dublins is a good man, schooled in the seat of pipely decency.

Also, I want one of those French golf pipes in garish colors. So I have no couth.
Notre Dame de Paris, priez pour nous y comprise les Jesuites.

User avatar
durangopipe
Under-secretary to the Minister of Pipe Breaking
Under-secretary to the Minister of Pipe Breaking
Posts: 6814
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2016 3:58 pm
Location: Southwest Colorado

Re: Favorite Pipe Shape - Poll

Post by durangopipe » Tue Jan 01, 2019 4:20 pm

Every CPS poll needs Bullwinkle or Bullmoose.
Same thing, really.

Image

This one resides in Winnipeg.
Good place for a moose.



Image

This one’s in Colorado.
We have Mooses tooses.
Last edited by durangopipe on Tue Jan 01, 2019 4:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
. . . be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God in Christ forgave you. Ephesians 4:32 (NKJV)

The most improper job of any man, even saints, is bossing other men. Not one in a million is fit for it, and least of all those who seek the opportunity.. J.R.R. Tolkien

2017 Morley - Outstanding BRATASS of the Year

User avatar
John-Boy
I'm a lover and I'm a sinner
I'm a lover and I'm a sinner
Posts: 33275
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2003 6:00 pm
Contact:

Re: Favorite Pipe Shape - Poll

Post by John-Boy » Tue Jan 01, 2019 4:24 pm

durangopipe wrote:
Tue Jan 01, 2019 4:20 pm
Every CPS poll needs Bullwinkle or Bullmoose.
Same thing, really.

Image

This one resides in Winnipeg.
Good place for a moose.
I don't think you know what your favorite is.
Praying - coco
Sometimes memes can be helpful as well as humorous - Jocose
Yer mom is kindhearted and well respected in her community - JMG
And when I am sitting on my new saddle, I will know that my weight is resting upon the collective minds of CPS - GaryinVa

User avatar
durangopipe
Under-secretary to the Minister of Pipe Breaking
Under-secretary to the Minister of Pipe Breaking
Posts: 6814
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2016 3:58 pm
Location: Southwest Colorado

Re: Favorite Pipe Shape - Poll

Post by durangopipe » Tue Jan 01, 2019 4:25 pm

John-Boy wrote:
Tue Jan 01, 2019 4:24 pm
durangopipe wrote:
Tue Jan 01, 2019 4:20 pm
Every CPS poll needs Bullwinkle or Bullmoose.
Same thing, really.

Image

This one resides in Winnipeg.
Good place for a moose.
I don't think you know what your favorite is.
Changes every day.
. . . be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God in Christ forgave you. Ephesians 4:32 (NKJV)

The most improper job of any man, even saints, is bossing other men. Not one in a million is fit for it, and least of all those who seek the opportunity.. J.R.R. Tolkien

2017 Morley - Outstanding BRATASS of the Year

Post Reply