Pipe Acquisitions 2019

Pipe and other hardware related discussions
Post Reply
User avatar
Adam Z
Jam Band Music Minister
Jam Band Music Minister
Posts: 1302
Joined: Mon May 14, 2018 9:35 pm
Location: North Carolina
Contact:

Re: Pipe Acquisitions 2019

Post by Adam Z » Sat Apr 06, 2019 10:12 am

GaryInVA wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2019 3:39 pm
That is a fine pipe sir! Bent apples are my second favorite shape and that one is gorgeous.
Thanks :)

I'm curious now - since bent apples are your second favorite, what shape takes precedence?
I tend to find the doctrinal books often more helpful in devotion than the devotional books.... I believe that many who find that "nothing happens" when they sit down, or kneel down, to a book of devotion, would find that the heart sings unbidden while they are working their way through a rough bit of theology with a pipe in their teeth and a pencil in their hand.
- C.S. Lewis

User avatar
JimVH
Eddie and Alex's brother
Eddie and Alex's brother
Posts: 24367
Joined: Sun May 18, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: I wasn't born in Texas, but I got here as soon as I could.
Contact:

Re: Pipe Acquisitions 2019

Post by JimVH » Mon Apr 22, 2019 2:52 pm

111 Days - Pipe fast broken. I've long been intrigued with aluminum pipes. I had no idea Kaywoodie ever made a metal pipe until I saw this little gem on ebay the other day. I was triggered.

Image

Image

Image
"The days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, I have really good days." Ray Wylie Hubbard

User avatar
Jocose
a very large Chinese lizard man named Wu
a very large Chinese lizard man named Wu
Posts: 22979
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Moonbase Alpha
Contact:

Re: Pipe Acquisitions 2019

Post by Jocose » Mon Apr 22, 2019 5:00 pm

JimVH wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2019 2:52 pm
111 Days - Pipe fast broken. I've long been intrigued with aluminum pipes. I had no idea Kaywoodie ever made a metal pipe until I saw this little gem on ebay the other day. I was triggered.

Image

Image

Image
I had no idea kaywoodie made aluminum pipes

Nice find!
"And for Freds sake, DO NOT point anyone towards CPS or you'll put them off of both Christianity and pipe smoking forever." ~ FredS

"Other vessels will work, but the idealality of the Spam can cannot be contested." ~ JimVH

"The yutz is silly Jocose. I have him foed yet still have to view his stupid and annoying thread titles." ~ Goose55

User avatar
coco
Uniquely Duggish
Uniquely Duggish
Posts: 30124
Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: Sweet Home Alabama
Contact:

Re: Pipe Acquisitions 2019

Post by coco » Mon Apr 22, 2019 7:28 pm

Jocose wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2019 5:00 pm
JimVH wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2019 2:52 pm
111 Days - Pipe fast broken. I've long been intrigued with aluminum pipes. I had no idea Kaywoodie ever made a metal pipe until I saw this little gem on ebay the other day. I was triggered.

Image

Image

Image
I had no idea kaywoodie made aluminum pipes

Nice find!
I would love to hear about how it smokes after you have put a few bowls through it.
"Like a gold ring in a pig's snout is a cob with a forever lucite stem." (Pipverbs 1:1)
"No more signatures that quote other CPS members." - Thunk

User avatar
Adam Z
Jam Band Music Minister
Jam Band Music Minister
Posts: 1302
Joined: Mon May 14, 2018 9:35 pm
Location: North Carolina
Contact:

Re: Pipe Acquisitions 2019

Post by Adam Z » Mon Apr 22, 2019 7:39 pm

I never would have imagined that would be what you broke your fast for. I too am looking forward to hearing how it smokes.
I tend to find the doctrinal books often more helpful in devotion than the devotional books.... I believe that many who find that "nothing happens" when they sit down, or kneel down, to a book of devotion, would find that the heart sings unbidden while they are working their way through a rough bit of theology with a pipe in their teeth and a pencil in their hand.
- C.S. Lewis

User avatar
JimVH
Eddie and Alex's brother
Eddie and Alex's brother
Posts: 24367
Joined: Sun May 18, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: I wasn't born in Texas, but I got here as soon as I could.
Contact:

Re: Pipe Acquisitions 2019

Post by JimVH » Mon Apr 22, 2019 7:40 pm

coco wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2019 7:28 pm
Jocose wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2019 5:00 pm
JimVH wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2019 2:52 pm
111 Days - Pipe fast broken. I've long been intrigued with aluminum pipes. I had no idea Kaywoodie ever made a metal pipe until I saw this little gem on ebay the other day. I was triggered.
I had no idea kaywoodie made aluminum pipes

Nice find!
I would love to hear about how it smokes after you have put a few bowls through it.
Will do. It needs a good cleaning first. Probably this weekend.
"The days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, I have really good days." Ray Wylie Hubbard

User avatar
JimVH
Eddie and Alex's brother
Eddie and Alex's brother
Posts: 24367
Joined: Sun May 18, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: I wasn't born in Texas, but I got here as soon as I could.
Contact:

Re: Pipe Acquisitions 2019

Post by JimVH » Mon Apr 22, 2019 7:41 pm

Adam Z wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2019 7:39 pm
I never would have imagined that would be what you broke your fast for. I too am looking forward to hearing how it smokes.
I know, right? I'm in a bargains and weird stuff mood lately.
"The days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, I have really good days." Ray Wylie Hubbard

User avatar
GaryInVA
Minister of Brisket
Minister of Brisket
Posts: 4333
Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2010 6:00 pm
Location: Bryan/College Station, TX

Re: Pipe Acquisitions 2019

Post by GaryInVA » Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:05 am

JimVH wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2019 2:52 pm
111 Days - Pipe fast broken. I've long been intrigued with aluminum pipes. I had no idea Kaywoodie ever made a metal pipe until I saw this little gem on ebay the other day. I was triggered.

Image

Image

Image
I've wanted one of those. I have a Dr. G Viking with 4 bowls that I enjoyed when tobacco was allowed. I did have to put plumber's tape on some of the bowl's threads as they were worn out and allowed air to pass when screwed in.
hugodrax wrote:
Fri Apr 06, 2018 4:19 pm
This, gentlemen, is what it feels like when doves cry.
Y'all crazy

User avatar
Bloodhound
Loves Nickel Bands
Loves Nickel Bands
Posts: 9510
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 2010 6:00 pm
Location: Rocky Mountains / Colorado
Contact:

Re: Pipe Acquisitions 2019

Post by Bloodhound » Tue Apr 23, 2019 1:15 pm

So a Kaywoodie that is not...

Nice find and for sure cool...worth falling off the wagon for.
Scott ( aka - Thor )
Do Justice...Love Mercy...Walk Humbly With Your GOD

User avatar
Goose55
King of Kraut
King of Kraut
Posts: 9859
Joined: Thu Feb 11, 2016 6:44 pm
Location: Southern Arizona, U.S.A.

Re: Pipe Acquisitions 2019

Post by Goose55 » Tue Apr 23, 2019 2:25 pm

I posted this in the Most Recent Pipe Purchase thread, as well. A few photos I made of the Tinsky BB Giant Poker I got a week or so ago. Been gradually building cake in it but it does take time.

It's a biggie. 3 - 1/4 inches tall. Two inches wide, a one-inch diameter chamber, 2 - 3/4 inches deep!

ImageImageImageImage
"At present we're on the wrong side of the door. But all the pages of the New Testament are rustling with the rumor that it will not always be so." ~ C.S. Lewis

User avatar
Bloodhound
Loves Nickel Bands
Loves Nickel Bands
Posts: 9510
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 2010 6:00 pm
Location: Rocky Mountains / Colorado
Contact:

Re: Pipe Acquisitions 2019

Post by Bloodhound » Mon May 20, 2019 10:04 am

So...I like Stanwell pipes and AdamZ with his post about the Stanwell 11 got me to thinking I might need one too. And we were getting things ready to take to the cabin and I thought I would like to have a sturdy pipe or two that I leave up there...so I started looking for a Stanwell 11. There a few most times on the auction site, but they are well thought of and pricey.

I found this one and thought it might go for less, due to the seller being 1/2 way around the world, in Serbia...The seller has good feedback and the winning price was reasonable, even with the shipping...so this one is, according to the e-mail I got this morning, ON ITS WAY to me.
Image

I have only purchased one other pipe since the first of the year, and I didn't like the way it smoked, so I sold it 3 weeks after I bought it.
Scott ( aka - Thor )
Do Justice...Love Mercy...Walk Humbly With Your GOD

User avatar
rgcurrey
National Radical Meadow Party Candidate
National Radical Meadow Party Candidate
Posts: 2422
Joined: Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:49 pm
Location: NW Fla., dreaming about Montana

Re: Pipe Acquisitions 2019

Post by rgcurrey » Mon May 20, 2019 6:43 pm

Bloodhound wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 10:04 am
So...I like Stanwell pipes and AdamZ with his post about the Stanwell 11 got me to thinking I might need one too. And we were getting things ready to take to the cabin and I thought I would like to have a sturdy pipe or two that I leave up there...so I started looking for a Stanwell 11. There a few most times on the auction site, but they are well thought of and pricey.

I found this one and thought it might go for less, due to the seller being 1/2 way around the world, in Serbia...The seller has good feedback and the winning price was reasonable, even with the shipping...so this one is, according to the e-mail I got this morning, ON ITS WAY to me.
Image

I have only purchased one other pipe since the first of the year, and I didn't like the way it smoked, so I sold it 3 weeks after I bought it.
I liked Adam's and I like this one too, digging the #11.
Well I got a job and tried to put my money away
But I got debts that no honest man can pay - B. Springsteen

User avatar
Bloodhound
Loves Nickel Bands
Loves Nickel Bands
Posts: 9510
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 2010 6:00 pm
Location: Rocky Mountains / Colorado
Contact:

Re: Pipe Acquisitions 2019

Post by Bloodhound » Mon May 20, 2019 7:30 pm

rgcurrey wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 6:43 pm
Bloodhound wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 10:04 am
So...I like Stanwell pipes and AdamZ with his post about the Stanwell 11 got me to thinking I might need one too. And we were getting things ready to take to the cabin and I thought I would like to have a sturdy pipe or two that I leave up there...so I started looking for a Stanwell 11. There a few most times on the auction site, but they are well thought of and pricey.

I found this one and thought it might go for less, due to the seller being 1/2 way around the world, in Serbia...The seller has good feedback and the winning price was reasonable, even with the shipping...so this one is, according to the e-mail I got this morning, ON ITS WAY to me.
Image

I have only purchased one other pipe since the first of the year, and I didn't like the way it smoked, so I sold it 3 weeks after I bought it.
I liked Adam's and I like this one too, digging the #11.
I have always thought it looked like a sturdy travel pipe...then when Adam shared his pipes history, well I started a serious search. now to see if it actually shows up from Serbia.
Scott ( aka - Thor )
Do Justice...Love Mercy...Walk Humbly With Your GOD

User avatar
Bloodhound
Loves Nickel Bands
Loves Nickel Bands
Posts: 9510
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 2010 6:00 pm
Location: Rocky Mountains / Colorado
Contact:

Re: Pipe Acquisitions 2019

Post by Bloodhound » Wed May 29, 2019 9:04 pm

Bloodhound wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 7:30 pm
rgcurrey wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 6:43 pm
Bloodhound wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 10:04 am
So...I like Stanwell pipes and AdamZ with his post about the Stanwell 11 got me to thinking I might need one too. And we were getting things ready to take to the cabin and I thought I would like to have a sturdy pipe or two that I leave up there...so I started looking for a Stanwell 11. There a few most times on the auction site, but they are well thought of and pricey.

I found this one and thought it might go for less, due to the seller being 1/2 way around the world, in Serbia...The seller has good feedback and the winning price was reasonable, even with the shipping...so this one is, according to the e-mail I got this morning, ON ITS WAY to me.
Image

I have only purchased one other pipe since the first of the year, and I didn't like the way it smoked, so I sold it 3 weeks after I bought it.
I liked Adam's and I like this one too, digging the #11.
I have always thought it looked like a sturdy travel pipe...then when Adam shared his pipes history, well I started a serious search. now to see if it actually shows up from Serbia.
So this pipe arrived from Serbia today...not bad time of travel...It is bigger than I thought it would be and it fits my hand perfectly. I will see how it smokes tonight
Scott ( aka - Thor )
Do Justice...Love Mercy...Walk Humbly With Your GOD

User avatar
JimVH
Eddie and Alex's brother
Eddie and Alex's brother
Posts: 24367
Joined: Sun May 18, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: I wasn't born in Texas, but I got here as soon as I could.
Contact:

Re: Pipe Acquisitions 2019

Post by JimVH » Tue Jun 04, 2019 2:36 pm

We are approaching the halfway point in the year and I remain at one pipe.

I am both proud of and disappointed in myself.
"The days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, I have really good days." Ray Wylie Hubbard

User avatar
rgcurrey
National Radical Meadow Party Candidate
National Radical Meadow Party Candidate
Posts: 2422
Joined: Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:49 pm
Location: NW Fla., dreaming about Montana

Re: Pipe Acquisitions 2019

Post by rgcurrey » Tue Jun 04, 2019 2:47 pm

Well I went with two and have bought two so I am ahead of the curve.
Well I got a job and tried to put my money away
But I got debts that no honest man can pay - B. Springsteen

User avatar
Bloodhound
Loves Nickel Bands
Loves Nickel Bands
Posts: 9510
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 2010 6:00 pm
Location: Rocky Mountains / Colorado
Contact:

Re: Pipe Acquisitions 2019

Post by Bloodhound » Fri Jun 07, 2019 1:16 pm

rgcurrey wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 2:47 pm
Well I went with two and have bought two so I am ahead of the curve.
I am also at one...but I have made bids and offers and it could be a trip down the slippery slope for me
Scott ( aka - Thor )
Do Justice...Love Mercy...Walk Humbly With Your GOD

User avatar
Bloodhound
Loves Nickel Bands
Loves Nickel Bands
Posts: 9510
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 2010 6:00 pm
Location: Rocky Mountains / Colorado
Contact:

Re: Pipe Acquisitions 2019

Post by Bloodhound » Thu Jun 27, 2019 11:49 am

I have discovered restraint...at least as far as pipes are concerned...just the one so far for the year! :bacon: :cheese: :taco: :chili:
Scott ( aka - Thor )
Do Justice...Love Mercy...Walk Humbly With Your GOD

User avatar
JimVH
Eddie and Alex's brother
Eddie and Alex's brother
Posts: 24367
Joined: Sun May 18, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: I wasn't born in Texas, but I got here as soon as I could.
Contact:

Re: Pipe Acquisitions 2019

Post by JimVH » Thu Jun 27, 2019 11:56 am

Bloodhound wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2019 11:49 am
I have discovered restraint...at least as far as pipes are concerned...just the one so far for the year! :bacon: :cheese: :taco: :chili:
Me, too. I tried to buy a second, but UB beat me to the punch.
"The days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, I have really good days." Ray Wylie Hubbard

User avatar
Bloodhound
Loves Nickel Bands
Loves Nickel Bands
Posts: 9510
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 2010 6:00 pm
Location: Rocky Mountains / Colorado
Contact:

Re: Pipe Acquisitions 2019

Post by Bloodhound » Thu Jun 27, 2019 12:08 pm

JimVH wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2019 11:56 am
Bloodhound wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2019 11:49 am
I have discovered restraint...at least as far as pipes are concerned...just the one so far for the year! :bacon: :cheese: :taco: :chili:
Me, too. I tried to buy a second, but UB beat me to the punch.
He is a sneaky one. I have made some bids, but the restraint has evidenced itself in my not bidding higher....it could easily be 11 pipes instead of 1 if other people hadn't outbid me :)
Scott ( aka - Thor )
Do Justice...Love Mercy...Walk Humbly With Your GOD

Post Reply