Pipe Acquisitions 2019

Pipe and other hardware related discussions
Post Reply
DAN
Mr. Miracle Whip
Mr. Miracle Whip
Posts: 4433
Joined: Fri Oct 26, 2012 6:00 pm
Location: Tulsa, Oklahoma

Re: Pipe Acquisitions 2019

Post by DAN » Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:08 pm

I just bought a Tilshead bent billiard on eBay. Probably shouldn't have. Now, I have to pick another pipe to add to the "sell" pile. But I swear, dollar for dollar (I have paid around fifty bucks for each of mine), these things are just remarkable.
If the American people ever really understand the Left, they'll boil them in oil.

If Mexican immigrants mostly voted Republican, Democrats would have already built a wall you could see from space.

"Democrats don’t care about black people, we’re just pawns in a game for them to gain political power for themselves.”"--Candace Owens

User avatar
coco
Uniquely Duggish
Uniquely Duggish
Posts: 29247
Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: Sweet Home Alabama
Contact:

Re: Pipe Acquisitions 2019

Post by coco » Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:09 pm

John-Boy wrote:
Sun Jan 20, 2019 7:14 pm
coco wrote:
Sun Jan 20, 2019 7:03 pm
JohnnyMcPiperson wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:36 am
coco wrote:This is a contest, right? The one who buys the most pipes in 2019 wins?
Yep, the prize is a turd that can be refurbished to look beautiful again...


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I was hoping the prize would be a tin of McClellands from John-Boy.
I might have 1 or 2 more tins around. I'll have to check.
A tin for most accurate prediction and a tin for most pipes purchased.
"Like a gold ring in a pig's snout is a cob with a forever lucite stem." (Pipverbs 1:1)
"No more signatures that quote other CPS members." - Thunk

User avatar
FredS
The Trappists say shut it, still talking
The Trappists say shut it, still talking
Posts: 22100
Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: NOCO (Northern Colorado)

Re: Pipe Acquisitions 2019

Post by FredS » Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:13 am

coco wrote:
Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:09 pm
John-Boy wrote:
Sun Jan 20, 2019 7:14 pm
coco wrote:
Sun Jan 20, 2019 7:03 pm
JohnnyMcPiperson wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:36 am
coco wrote:This is a contest, right? The one who buys the most pipes in 2019 wins?
Yep, the prize is a turd that can be refurbished to look beautiful again...


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I was hoping the prize would be a tin of McClellands from John-Boy.
I might have 1 or 2 more tins around. I'll have to check.
A tin for most accurate prediction and a tin for most pipes purchased.
FredS to Mrs FredS, December 2019 - "But dear, if I buy six more pipes I'll win a free tin of tobacco from John-Boy."
"If we ever get to heaven boys, it aint because we aint done nothin' wrong" - Kris Kristofferson

"One of the things I love about CPS is the frank and enthusiastic dysfunction here. God help me, I do love it so." – OldWorldSwine

"I'd like to put a hook in that puppet and swing it through a bunch of salmon!" - durangopipe

User avatar
John-Boy
I'm a lover and I'm a sinner
I'm a lover and I'm a sinner
Posts: 33276
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2003 6:00 pm
Contact:

Re: Pipe Acquisitions 2019

Post by John-Boy » Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:19 am

FredS wrote:
Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:13 am
coco wrote:
Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:09 pm
John-Boy wrote:
Sun Jan 20, 2019 7:14 pm
coco wrote:
Sun Jan 20, 2019 7:03 pm
JohnnyMcPiperson wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:36 am
coco wrote:This is a contest, right? The one who buys the most pipes in 2019 wins?
Yep, the prize is a turd that can be refurbished to look beautiful again...


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I was hoping the prize would be a tin of McClellands from John-Boy.
I might have 1 or 2 more tins around. I'll have to check.
A tin for most accurate prediction and a tin for most pipes purchased.
FredS to Mrs FredS, December 2019 - "But dear, if I buy six more pipes I'll win a free tin of tobacco from John-Boy."
JB to Mrs JB, December 2019 - "But dear, if I don't buy six more pipes I'll have to send a tin of tobacco to FredS. We can't afford NOT to buy more pipes."
Praying - coco
Sometimes memes can be helpful as well as humorous - Jocose
Yer mom is kindhearted and well respected in her community - JMG
And when I am sitting on my new saddle, I will know that my weight is resting upon the collective minds of CPS - GaryinVa

User avatar
FredS
The Trappists say shut it, still talking
The Trappists say shut it, still talking
Posts: 22100
Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: NOCO (Northern Colorado)

Re: Pipe Acquisitions 2019

Post by FredS » Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:07 pm

John-Boy wrote:
Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:19 am
FredS wrote:
Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:13 am
coco wrote:
Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:09 pm
John-Boy wrote:
Sun Jan 20, 2019 7:14 pm
coco wrote:
Sun Jan 20, 2019 7:03 pm
JohnnyMcPiperson wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:36 am
coco wrote:This is a contest, right? The one who buys the most pipes in 2019 wins?
Yep, the prize is a turd that can be refurbished to look beautiful again...


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I was hoping the prize would be a tin of McClellands from John-Boy.
I might have 1 or 2 more tins around. I'll have to check.
A tin for most accurate prediction and a tin for most pipes purchased.
FredS to Mrs FredS, December 2019 - "But dear, if I buy six more pipes I'll win a free tin of tobacco from John-Boy."
JB to Mrs JB, December 2019 - "But dear, if I don't buy six more pipes I'll have to send a tin of tobacco to FredS. We can't afford NOT to buy more pipes."
An arms race. I love it.
"If we ever get to heaven boys, it aint because we aint done nothin' wrong" - Kris Kristofferson

"One of the things I love about CPS is the frank and enthusiastic dysfunction here. God help me, I do love it so." – OldWorldSwine

"I'd like to put a hook in that puppet and swing it through a bunch of salmon!" - durangopipe

User avatar
JimVH
Ramone Rebuke VH
Ramone Rebuke VH
Posts: 22992
Joined: Sun May 18, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: I wasn't born in Texas, but I got here as soon as I could.
Contact:

Re: Pipe Acquisitions 2019

Post by JimVH » Mon Feb 04, 2019 1:28 pm

I made it through January with no pipe acquisitions.

<happysad>

User avatar
Bloodhound
Cannot Abide That Devil Weed
Cannot Abide That Devil Weed
Posts: 8595
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 2010 6:00 pm
Location: Rocky Mountains / Colorado
Contact:

Re: Pipe Acquisitions 2019

Post by Bloodhound » Mon Feb 04, 2019 1:59 pm

I also cleared January with no purchases...it was close but I resisted and am instead sending off 2 for repairs...it will be like Christmas when they come back.
Scott ( aka - Thor )
Do Justice...Love Mercy...Walk Humbly With Your GOD

User avatar
Adam Z
Elder
Elder
Posts: 741
Joined: Mon May 14, 2018 9:35 pm
Location: North Carolina
Contact:

Re: Pipe Acquisitions 2019

Post by Adam Z » Mon Feb 04, 2019 5:54 pm

Well I'm at 2 for January and 3 for 2019. Does that mean I win?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

On land, on sea, at home, abroad, I smoke my pipe and worship God.
- J.S. Bach

User avatar
JimVH
Ramone Rebuke VH
Ramone Rebuke VH
Posts: 22992
Joined: Sun May 18, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: I wasn't born in Texas, but I got here as soon as I could.
Contact:

Re: Pipe Acquisitions 2019

Post by JimVH » Mon Feb 04, 2019 7:27 pm

Adam Z wrote:
Mon Feb 04, 2019 5:54 pm
Well I'm at 2 for January and 3 for 2019. Does that mean I win? Image

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Image

User avatar
durangopipe
Under-secretary to the Minister of Pipe Breaking
Under-secretary to the Minister of Pipe Breaking
Posts: 6717
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2016 3:58 pm
Location: Southwest Colorado

Re: Pipe Acquisitions 2019

Post by durangopipe » Wed Feb 06, 2019 5:12 pm

Ordered in January.
Arrived yesterday.

Image

Image

Image

Image
. . . be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God in Christ forgave you. Ephesians 4:32 (NKJV)

The most improper job of any man, even saints, is bossing other men. Not one in a million is fit for it, and least of all those who seek the opportunity.. J.R.R. Tolkien

2017 Morley - Outstanding BRATASS of the Year

User avatar
JimVH
Ramone Rebuke VH
Ramone Rebuke VH
Posts: 22992
Joined: Sun May 18, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: I wasn't born in Texas, but I got here as soon as I could.
Contact:

Re: Pipe Acquisitions 2019

Post by JimVH » Thu Feb 07, 2019 12:51 am

durangopipe wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 5:12 pm
Ordered in January.
Arrived yesterday.

Image

Image

Image

Image
I'm glad that one made it to you. It triggered me something fierce.

User avatar
rgcurrey
National Radical Meadow Party Candidate
National Radical Meadow Party Candidate
Posts: 1399
Joined: Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:49 pm
Location: NW Fla., dreaming about Montana to the Yukon

Re: Pipe Acquisitions 2019

Post by rgcurrey » Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:17 am

JimVH wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 12:51 am
durangopipe wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 5:12 pm
Ordered in January.
Arrived yesterday.

Image

Image

Image

Image
I'm glad that one made it to you. It triggered me something fierce.
Wow, just Wow.
Well I got a job and tried to put my money away
But I got debts that no honest man can pay - B. Springsteen

User avatar
Bloodhound
Cannot Abide That Devil Weed
Cannot Abide That Devil Weed
Posts: 8595
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 2010 6:00 pm
Location: Rocky Mountains / Colorado
Contact:

Re: Pipe Acquisitions 2019

Post by Bloodhound » Fri Feb 22, 2019 9:27 am

Well I didn't make it very long...not even through the 2nd month of the year and I have a new/estate pipe headed my way. I made a lowball offer and they accepted it...so I have a Wally Frank Billiard winging its way to Colorado.
Image
Scott ( aka - Thor )
Do Justice...Love Mercy...Walk Humbly With Your GOD

User avatar
JimVH
Ramone Rebuke VH
Ramone Rebuke VH
Posts: 22992
Joined: Sun May 18, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: I wasn't born in Texas, but I got here as soon as I could.
Contact:

Re: Pipe Acquisitions 2019

Post by JimVH » Fri Feb 22, 2019 10:05 am

Bloodhound wrote:
Fri Feb 22, 2019 9:27 am
Well I didn't make it very long...not even through the 2nd month of the year and I have a new/estate pipe headed my way. I made a lowball offer and they accepted it...so I have a Wally Frank Billiard winging its way to Colorado.
Image
I mean, when they accept a low ball offer it's kinda like they're paying you to take it. You'd be silly not to, right?






This is day 53 of Pipe Fast 2019.

User avatar
Bloodhound
Cannot Abide That Devil Weed
Cannot Abide That Devil Weed
Posts: 8595
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 2010 6:00 pm
Location: Rocky Mountains / Colorado
Contact:

Re: Pipe Acquisitions 2019

Post by Bloodhound » Fri Feb 22, 2019 10:08 am

JimVH wrote:
Fri Feb 22, 2019 10:05 am
Bloodhound wrote:
Fri Feb 22, 2019 9:27 am
Well I didn't make it very long...not even through the 2nd month of the year and I have a new/estate pipe headed my way. I made a lowball offer and they accepted it...so I have a Wally Frank Billiard winging its way to Colorado.
Image
I mean, when they accept a low ball offer it's kinda like they're paying you to take it. You'd be silly not to, right?
IKR...Whole thing done and to my door for less than $20...that's less than a haircut!
Scott ( aka - Thor )
Do Justice...Love Mercy...Walk Humbly With Your GOD

User avatar
JimVH
Ramone Rebuke VH
Ramone Rebuke VH
Posts: 22992
Joined: Sun May 18, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: I wasn't born in Texas, but I got here as soon as I could.
Contact:

Re: Pipe Acquisitions 2019

Post by JimVH » Fri Feb 22, 2019 7:10 pm

I have examined this year's St Patrick pipes by Peterson. My fast is not at risk.

User avatar
DepartedLight
Head of the Council of Fairies
Head of the Council of Fairies
Posts: 28437
Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: Tobacco Fairy HQ, North Carolina

Re: Pipe Acquisitions 2019

Post by DepartedLight » Fri Feb 22, 2019 7:23 pm

I got a Mark Twain cob as my first serious cob-mod.

I have accidentally destroyed the shank.

I've tried a few DOZEN fix actions to no avail.

I'm a Project Manager; not a cob-moder, Jim.
DL Jake

Feel free to use that quote in your signature. Stanley76 » 22 Feb 2019 21:50

User avatar
Fainn
Master's of fArts
Master's of fArts
Posts: 4324
Joined: Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:48 pm
Location: Unleashing a deadly fart cloud on some unsuspecting soul

Re: Pipe Acquisitions 2019

Post by Fainn » Fri Feb 22, 2019 9:50 pm

I'll probably only buy the cps poy.

Sent from my SM-J337A using Tapatalk

Why does Hugodrax want to suppress the Jesuits?

User avatar
UncleBob
CPS Theological Dogmatician
CPS Theological Dogmatician
Posts: 36491
Joined: Tue Aug 03, 2004 6:00 pm
Location: Lubbock, TX USA
Contact:

Re: Pipe Acquisitions 2019

Post by UncleBob » Sat Feb 23, 2019 10:25 am

DepartedLight wrote:
Fri Feb 22, 2019 7:23 pm
I got a Mark Twain cob as my first serious cob-mod.

I have accidentally destroyed the shank.

I've tried a few DOZEN fix actions to no avail.

I'm a Project Manager; not a cob-moder, Jim.
I bet that JimVH, coco, or winton could turn you a new shank.
"One man's theology is another man's belly laugh." - Robert A. Heinlein

"Many of the points here, taken to their logical conclusions, don't hold up to logic; they're simply Godded-up ways of saying "I don't like that." - Skip

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please." -Mark Twain

User avatar
Bloodhound
Cannot Abide That Devil Weed
Cannot Abide That Devil Weed
Posts: 8595
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 2010 6:00 pm
Location: Rocky Mountains / Colorado
Contact:

Re: Pipe Acquisitions 2019

Post by Bloodhound » Wed Feb 27, 2019 10:11 am

Bloodhound wrote:
Fri Feb 22, 2019 9:27 am
Well I didn't make it very long...not even through the 2nd month of the year and I have a new/estate pipe headed my way. I made a lowball offer and they accepted it...so I have a Wally Frank Billiard winging its way to Colorado.
Image
This showed up 3 days early, opened it last night. It is in fantastic condition. It took about 10 min to clean up and I will give it a smoke tonight.
Scott ( aka - Thor )
Do Justice...Love Mercy...Walk Humbly With Your GOD

Post Reply