Loving my 2017 & 2018 POYs

Pipe and other hardware related discussions
Craig Thompson
Congregation
Congregation

Loving my 2017 & 2018 POYs

Post by Craig Thompson » Tue Jan 15, 2019 6:10 am

I did not smoke either of these much until recently. Now that I am I have come to realise what fine pipes they are.

I generally do not prefer long pipes and I really like rounded bowls that nestle in the hand. So the 2017 Author fits those two criteria nicely. The highly tapered bit was a problem as I need to clench and it kept sliding out. I put a length of rubber tubing on the bit that solves the problem. It is a pleasure to smoke, like an old friend even though it is new.

I rarely smoke a straight pipe, slightly bend just works better for me so I thought I would not like the 2018 Canadian. But I have been thoroughly enjoying it. The Bing "cigar" hold on that beautiful oval shank is just so much fun. For me a new and delightful smoking experience.

Just sharing a few thoughts.

DepartedLight
Head of the Council of Fairies
Head of the Council of Fairies

Re: Loving my 2017 & 2018 POYs

Post by DepartedLight » Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:33 am

Craig Thompson wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 6:10 am
I did not smoke either of these much until recently. Now that I am I have come to realise what fine pipes they are.

I generally do not prefer long pipes and I really like rounded bowls that nestle in the hand. So the 2017 Author fits those two criteria nicely. The highly tapered bit was a problem as I need to clench and it kept sliding out. I put a length of rubber tubing on the bit that solves the problem. It is a pleasure to smoke, like an old friend even though it is new.

I rarely smoke a straight pipe, slightly bend just works better for me so I thought I would not like the 2018 Canadian. But I have been thoroughly enjoying it. The Bing "cigar" hold on that beautiful oval shank is just so much fun. For me a new and delightful smoking experience.

Just sharing a few thoughts.
here here
DL Jake

Feel free to use that quote in your signature. Stanley76 » 22 Feb 2019 21:50

JimVH
Ramone Rebuke VH
Ramone Rebuke VH
Location: I wasn't born in Texas, but I got here as soon as I could.

Re: Loving my 2017 & 2018 POYs

Post by JimVH » Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:03 am

I'm glad you're enjoying them. That Canadian is a special pipe and mine sees a lot of action, but I have yet to put a match to the '17 Author. I don't even have a good reason why, just haven't. I guess I should remedy that.