Revived Jobey with a filter

Pipe and other hardware related discussions
Stanley76
Son of a Goose
Son of a Goose

Revived Jobey with a filter

Post by Stanley76 » Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:25 am

I've had this old Jobey bent billiard in my junk pipe drawer since back before I was here on this forum in 2011. I only tried smoking it a few times and the draw was not good at all, way too open. It's stamped Jobey Meerschaum but it's a briar. Anyway, I was watching a youtuber that I enjoy Matches860. He is great to watch, smoking various pipes and tobaccos and just expounding on things. So he was talking about filters the other day and mentioned putting a Savinelli balsa filter in one of this pipes which improved the draw. I have never used filters in any pipe but I ordered a box of the Savinelli filters for a new pipe I have coming. So I trimmed up one of those filters and stuck it in my almost never smoked Jobey awhile ago and filled it up with Prince Albert and it is smoking like a champ now. Not the best pipe I've got but then again it hasn't been smoked more than twice in ten years, so it will cake up and improve pretty quick I imagine. I've got a Dr. Grabow that has an overly free draw and I'm going to try it that pipe too.
"'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind'; and, 'Love your neighbor as yourself.'"