Revived Jobey with a filter

Pipe and other hardware related discussions
Stanley76
Congregation
Congregation

Revived Jobey with a filter

Post by Stanley76 » Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:25 am

I've had this old Jobey bent billiard in my junk pipe drawer since back before I was here on this forum in 2011. I only tried smoking it a few times and the draw was not good at all, way too open. It's stamped Jobey Meerschaum but it's a briar. Anyway, I was watching a youtuber that I enjoy Matches860. He is great to watch, smoking various pipes and tobaccos and just expounding on things. So he was talking about filters the other day and mentioned putting a Savinelli balsa filter in one of this pipes which improved the draw. I have never used filters in any pipe but I ordered a box of the Savinelli filters for a new pipe I have coming. So I trimmed up one of those filters and stuck it in my almost never smoked Jobey awhile ago and filled it up with Prince Albert and it is smoking like a champ now. Not the best pipe I've got but then again it hasn't been smoked more than twice in ten years, so it will cake up and improve pretty quick I imagine. I've got a Dr. Grabow that has an overly free draw and I'm going to try it that pipe too.
Proverbs 26:11 - As a dog returneth to his vomit, so a fool returneth to his folly.