COY 2019 Poll 2

Pipe and other hardware related discussions
Post Reply

What kind of stem would you prefer to poink?

Poll ended at Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:03 pm

Stock black MM stem (cheapest)
1
8%
Long Forever stem (+$25)
1
8%
Normal length Forever stem (+$25)
11
85%
Nosewarmer Forever stem (+$25)
0
No votes
 
Total votes: 13

User avatar
JohnnyMcPiperson
I want one of those
I want one of those
Posts: 8700
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Near the Sunken Road, VA

COY 2019 Poll 2

Post by JohnnyMcPiperson » Tue Feb 05, 2019 9:03 pm

What kinda stem do we want to poink?
Cob Pipes Matter! The trophy was too big

User avatar
hugodrax
UncleHugo the Tobbaconist
UncleHugo the Tobbaconist
Posts: 19262
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:00 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Contact:

Re: COY 2019 Poll 2

Post by hugodrax » Tue Feb 05, 2019 9:33 pm

May I publicly thank you?

Great work, sir. Thanks!
Notre Dame de Paris, priez pour nous y comprise les Jesuites.

User avatar
JohnnyMcPiperson
I want one of those
I want one of those
Posts: 8700
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Near the Sunken Road, VA

Re: COY 2019 Poll 2

Post by JohnnyMcPiperson » Tue Feb 05, 2019 9:37 pm

hugodrax wrote:May I publicly thank you?

Great work, sir. Thanks!
Thank you sir!
I’m still working out some kinks for the final product, but it’s becoming a fun project, I’m looking forward to seeing how it develops. There will be one more poll after this, but the last poll may take a little longer to surface.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Cob Pipes Matter! The trophy was too big

User avatar
DepartedLight
Likes Licking Guns
Likes Licking Guns
Posts: 28882
Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: Tobacco Fairy HQ, North Carolina

Re: COY 2019 Poll 2

Post by DepartedLight » Wed Feb 06, 2019 7:50 am

:D :D
DL Jake

Feel free to use that quote in your signature. Stanley76 » 22 Feb 2019 21:50

User avatar
Adam Z
Jam Band Music Minister
Jam Band Music Minister
Posts: 1056
Joined: Mon May 14, 2018 9:35 pm
Location: North Carolina
Contact:

Re: COY 2019 Poll 2

Post by Adam Z » Wed Feb 06, 2019 7:53 am

Ok. I'm interested now. For a brief time I thought the COY was just going to be a run of the mill cob with a CPS sticker on the bottom. If we're talking about adding a forever stem, I'm in.

And yes, Coco, I have read Pipeverbs 1:1. What can I say... I'm a recalcitrant cob smoker.
I tend to find the doctrinal books often more helpful in devotion than the devotional books.... I believe that many who find that "nothing happens" when they sit down, or kneel down, to a book of devotion, would find that the heart sings unbidden while they are working their way through a rough bit of theology with a pipe in their teeth and a pencil in their hand.
- C.S. Lewis

User avatar
GaryInVA
Minister of Brisket
Minister of Brisket
Posts: 4204
Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2010 6:00 pm
Location: Bryan/College Station, TX

Re: COY 2019 Poll 2

Post by GaryInVA » Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:07 am

I'm not even able to smoke right now and I want one if it has the forever stem.
hugodrax wrote:
Fri Apr 06, 2018 4:19 pm
This, gentlemen, is what it feels like when doves cry.
Y'all crazy

User avatar
coco
Uniquely Duggish
Uniquely Duggish
Posts: 29753
Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: Sweet Home Alabama
Contact:

Re: COY 2019 Poll 2

Post by coco » Wed Feb 06, 2019 4:57 pm

Adam Z wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 7:53 am
Ok. I'm interested now. For a brief time I thought the COY was just going to be a run of the mill cob with a CPS sticker on the bottom. If we're talking about adding a forever stem, I'm in.

And yes, Coco, I have read Pipeverbs 1:1. What can I say... I'm a recalcitrant cob smoker.
I'm glad I don't have to post it again in this thread.
"Like a gold ring in a pig's snout is a cob with a forever lucite stem." (Pipverbs 1:1)
"No more signatures that quote other CPS members." - Thunk

User avatar
Fainn
Master's of fArts
Master's of fArts
Posts: 4738
Joined: Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:48 pm
Location: Unleashing a deadly fart cloud on some unsuspecting soul

Re: COY 2019 Poll 2

Post by Fainn » Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:51 pm

But if we choose forever stems, we'll need a third poll to choose the color.

Sent from my SM-J337A using Tapatalk

Farts are either proof that God is a man or a sign of a fallen world.

User avatar
gaining_age
Minister of Boogie Dancing
Minister of Boogie Dancing
Posts: 16596
Joined: Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:00 pm
Location: sun soaked Arizona

Re: COY 2019 Poll 2

Post by gaining_age » Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:02 pm

Fainn wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:51 pm
But if we choose forever stems, we'll need a third poll to choose the color.

Sent from my SM-J337A using Tapatalk
If we have a poll about more polls I'd be glad to contribute.
Out of control odd rare old man (or possibly an hobbyist). -- Label by The Big R.
The 6s of 1st John:
2:6 Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus walked
3:6 No one who lives in him keeps on sinning

User avatar
hugodrax
UncleHugo the Tobbaconist
UncleHugo the Tobbaconist
Posts: 19262
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:00 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Contact:

Re: COY 2019 Poll 2

Post by hugodrax » Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:10 pm

gaining_age wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:02 pm
Fainn wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:51 pm
But if we choose forever stems, we'll need a third poll to choose the color.

Sent from my SM-J337A using Tapatalk
If we have a poll about more polls I'd be glad to contribute.
Remember to poll your cattle.
Notre Dame de Paris, priez pour nous y comprise les Jesuites.

User avatar
JohnnyMcPiperson
I want one of those
I want one of those
Posts: 8700
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Near the Sunken Road, VA

Re: COY 2019 Poll 2

Post by JohnnyMcPiperson » Thu Feb 07, 2019 7:15 pm

I can dance on the polls if you like!

Image


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Cob Pipes Matter! The trophy was too big

User avatar
JohnnyMcPiperson
I want one of those
I want one of those
Posts: 8700
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Near the Sunken Road, VA

Re: COY 2019 Poll 2

Post by JohnnyMcPiperson » Thu Feb 07, 2019 7:17 pm

Fainn wrote:But if we choose forever stems, we'll need a third poll to choose the color.

Sent from my SM-J337A using Tapatalk
I will probably nick the color that best suits the finished product, it may or may not be up for negotiation, we’ll see how it goes.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Cob Pipes Matter! The trophy was too big

User avatar
JohnnyMcPiperson
I want one of those
I want one of those
Posts: 8700
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Near the Sunken Road, VA

Re: COY 2019 Poll 2

Post by JohnnyMcPiperson » Thu Feb 07, 2019 7:54 pm

What might it look like if Johnny doodles on my cob you ask?

Image

Image

Image

Image


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Cob Pipes Matter! The trophy was too big

User avatar
DepartedLight
Likes Licking Guns
Likes Licking Guns
Posts: 28882
Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: Tobacco Fairy HQ, North Carolina

Re: COY 2019 Poll 2

Post by DepartedLight » Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:01 pm

JohnnyMcPiperson wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 7:17 pm
Fainn wrote:But if we choose forever stems, we'll need a third poll to choose the color.

Sent from my SM-J337A using Tapatalk
I will probably nick the color that best suits the finished product, it may or may not be up for negotiation, we’ll see how it goes.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Image
DL Jake

Feel free to use that quote in your signature. Stanley76 » 22 Feb 2019 21:50

User avatar
JimVH
Eddie and Alex's brother
Eddie and Alex's brother
Posts: 23680
Joined: Sun May 18, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: I wasn't born in Texas, but I got here as soon as I could.
Contact:

Re: COY 2019 Poll 2

Post by JimVH » Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:35 pm

DepartedLight wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:01 pm
JohnnyMcPiperson wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 7:17 pm
Fainn wrote:But if we choose forever stems, we'll need a third poll to choose the color.

Sent from my SM-J337A using Tapatalk
I will probably nick the color that best suits the finished product, it may or may not be up for negotiation, we’ll see how it goes.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Image
Pink and purple unicorn swirl, please.

User avatar
DepartedLight
Likes Licking Guns
Likes Licking Guns
Posts: 28882
Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: Tobacco Fairy HQ, North Carolina

Re: COY 2019 Poll 2

Post by DepartedLight » Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:41 pm

JohnnyMcPiperson wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 7:54 pm
What might it look like if Johnny doodles on my cob you ask?

Image

Image

Image

Image


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What say you and me talk first before anymore release of raw R&D data in this area, huh?
DL Jake

Feel free to use that quote in your signature. Stanley76 » 22 Feb 2019 21:50

User avatar
JohnnyMcPiperson
I want one of those
I want one of those
Posts: 8700
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Near the Sunken Road, VA

COY 2019 Poll 2

Post by JohnnyMcPiperson » Fri Feb 08, 2019 3:42 am

DepartedLight wrote:
JohnnyMcPiperson wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 7:54 pm
What might it look like if Johnny doodles on my cob you ask?

Image

Image

Image

Image


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What say you and me talk first before anymore release of raw R&D data in this area, huh?
Haha I am just messing around with one of my personal cobs, I need to get the carnuba waxing thing figured out, to see if it’s possible to do it without a buffing wheel... may not be as I don’t think my drill gets to high enough RPMs to grab the wax with a buffing pad... anyway, the sharpie is serving to tell me whether the color will bleed or not when I smoke it. I used to use acrylic spray to seal it, but I have it on good authority that carnuba is best. But I’m thinking we will dye them most likely.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Cob Pipes Matter! The trophy was too big

User avatar
JohnnyMcPiperson
I want one of those
I want one of those
Posts: 8700
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Near the Sunken Road, VA

COY 2019 Poll 2

Post by JohnnyMcPiperson » Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:45 pm

The winner seems clear...

I have decided, for the stem we will offer the original stem or the option of a $25 upgrade to the standard length forever stem, color will most likely be blue but is as of yet to be determined.

As promised we are on to the 3rd and final poll!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Cob Pipes Matter! The trophy was too big

User avatar
Fainn
Master's of fArts
Master's of fArts
Posts: 4738
Joined: Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:48 pm
Location: Unleashing a deadly fart cloud on some unsuspecting soul

Re: COY 2019 Poll 2

Post by Fainn » Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:07 pm

JohnnyMcPiperson wrote:The winner seems clear...

I have decided, for the stem we will offer the original stem or the option of a $25 upgrade to the standard length forever stem, color will most likely be blue but is as of yet to be determined.

As promised we are on to the 3rd and final poll!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I just knew there would be a third poll.

Sent from my SM-J337A using Tapatalk

Farts are either proof that God is a man or a sign of a fallen world.

Post Reply