Father of the Flame

Pipe and other hardware related discussions
Post Reply
User avatar
Stanley76
Usher
Usher
Posts: 430
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2019 6:50 pm
Location: Pungo River NC

Father of the Flame

Post by Stanley76 » Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:50 pm

I will be watching this when it is released.

https://youtu.be/paIWPkH47HM
The steam that blows the whistle never turns the wheel.

User avatar
FredS
The Trappists say shut it, still talking
The Trappists say shut it, still talking
Posts: 21947
Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: NOCO (Northern Colorado)

Re: Father of the Flame

Post by FredS » Fri Mar 08, 2019 5:08 pm

I think we all will be. If it's ever released.
"If we ever get to heaven boys, it aint because we aint done nothin' wrong" - Kris Kristofferson

"One of the things I love about CPS is the frank and enthusiastic dysfunction here. God help me, I do love it so." – OldWorldSwine

"I'd like to put a hook in that puppet and swing it through a bunch of salmon!" - durangopipe

User avatar
JohnnyMcPiperson
I want one of those
I want one of those
Posts: 8455
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Near the Sunken Road, VA

Re: Father of the Flame

Post by JohnnyMcPiperson » Fri Mar 08, 2019 6:04 pm

Ahh man! I feel like I’ve been waiting years for this thing!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Cob Pipes Matter! The trophy was too big

User avatar
Yohanan
Congregation
Congregation
Posts: 67
Joined: Fri Feb 22, 2019 8:23 pm
Location: Old Belt/U.S.A.

Re: Father of the Flame

Post by Yohanan » Fri Mar 08, 2019 7:38 pm

FredS wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 5:08 pm
I think we all will be. If it's ever released.
Amen to That!!!
Smoke What You Like, And Like What You Smoke...Regardless Of What Anyone Else Thinks...

User avatar
durangopipe
Under-secretary to the Minister of Pipe Breaking
Under-secretary to the Minister of Pipe Breaking
Posts: 6596
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2016 3:58 pm
Location: Southwest Colorado

Re: Father of the Flame

Post by durangopipe » Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:29 pm

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=R-6XIbGqJjg

Lee Eck: “ ... if a man takes care of it he can pass it on to his son, who can pass it on to his son, who can pass it on to his son.”

(Or daughter.)

Suddenly, I’m a bit less embarrassed by the condition of my pipes and the time I spend keeping them that way.
. . . be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God in Christ forgave you. Ephesians 4:32 (NKJV)

The most improper job of any man, even saints, is bossing other men. Not one in a million is fit for it, and least of all those who seek the opportunity.. J.R.R. Tolkien

2017 Morley - Outstanding BRATASS of the Year

User avatar
JohnnyMcPiperson
I want one of those
I want one of those
Posts: 8455
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Near the Sunken Road, VA

Re: Father of the Flame

Post by JohnnyMcPiperson » Sat Mar 09, 2019 1:11 am

durangopipe wrote:https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=R-6XIbGqJjg

Lee Eck: “ ... if a man takes care of it he can pass it on to his son, who can pass it on to his son, who can pass it on to his son.”

(Or daughter.)

Suddenly, I’m a bit less embarrassed by the condition of my pipes and the time I spend keeping them that way.
I know, the thought of my great great grandson smoking one of my pipes someday, beautiful! Gives me chills.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Cob Pipes Matter! The trophy was too big

User avatar
JohnnyMcPiperson
I want one of those
I want one of those
Posts: 8455
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Near the Sunken Road, VA

Re: Father of the Flame

Post by JohnnyMcPiperson » Sat Mar 09, 2019 1:11 am

durangopipe wrote:https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=R-6XIbGqJjg

Lee Eck: “ ... if a man takes care of it he can pass it on to his son, who can pass it on to his son, who can pass it on to his son.”

(Or daughter.)

Suddenly, I’m a bit less embarrassed by the condition of my pipes and the time I spend keeping them that way.
I know, the thought of my great great grandson smoking one of my pipes someday, beautiful! Gives me chills.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Cob Pipes Matter! The trophy was too big

User avatar
Joshoowah
Hermeneutic of suspicion
Hermeneutic of suspicion
Posts: 4893
Joined: Wed May 25, 2011 6:00 pm
Location: Nairobi, Kenya; formerly Wilmore, KY; Formerly Athens, AL
Contact:

Re: Father of the Flame

Post by Joshoowah » Sat Mar 09, 2019 4:59 am

JohnnyMcPiperson wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2019 1:11 am
durangopipe wrote:https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=R-6XIbGqJjg

Lee Eck: “ ... if a man takes care of it he can pass it on to his son, who can pass it on to his son, who can pass it on to his son.”

(Or daughter.)

Suddenly, I’m a bit less embarrassed by the condition of my pipes and the time I spend keeping them that way.
I know, the thought of my great great grandson smoking one of my pipes someday, beautiful! Gives me chills.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Don't you know lady nicotine will be pretty much extinct in the next decade or so?

I'm growing a small crop of my own in Kenya right now, with the aid of local farmers, and will be drying it out and attempting to make a plug.
"For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain. If I am to go on living in the body, this will mean fruitful labor for me. Yet what shall I choose?" Philippians 1:21-22

ImageImage

User avatar
Stanley76
Usher
Usher
Posts: 430
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2019 6:50 pm
Location: Pungo River NC

Re: Father of the Flame

Post by Stanley76 » Sat Mar 09, 2019 7:21 am

Joshoowah wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2019 4:59 am
JohnnyMcPiperson wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2019 1:11 am
durangopipe wrote:https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=R-6XIbGqJjg

Lee Eck: “ ... if a man takes care of it he can pass it on to his son, who can pass it on to his son, who can pass it on to his son.”

(Or daughter.)

Suddenly, I’m a bit less embarrassed by the condition of my pipes and the time I spend keeping them that way.
I know, the thought of my great great grandson smoking one of my pipes someday, beautiful! Gives me chills.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Don't you know lady nicotine will be pretty much extinct in the next decade or so?

I'm growing a small crop of my own in Kenya right now, with the aid of local farmers, and will be drying it out and attempting to make a plug.
A few years ago I would have laughed at this but no more. Tobacco might not be extinct in a few decades but it will quite possibly be illegal to use and possess. At the same time marijuana is being legalized and anybody can fake hobble into an Urgent Care Center, groaning about his back and walk out in an hour or so with a prescription for synthetic heroin.
The steam that blows the whistle never turns the wheel.

User avatar
Joshoowah
Hermeneutic of suspicion
Hermeneutic of suspicion
Posts: 4893
Joined: Wed May 25, 2011 6:00 pm
Location: Nairobi, Kenya; formerly Wilmore, KY; Formerly Athens, AL
Contact:

Re: Father of the Flame

Post by Joshoowah » Sat Mar 09, 2019 7:40 am

Stanley76 wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2019 7:21 am
Joshoowah wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2019 4:59 am
JohnnyMcPiperson wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2019 1:11 am
durangopipe wrote:https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=R-6XIbGqJjg

Lee Eck: “ ... if a man takes care of it he can pass it on to his son, who can pass it on to his son, who can pass it on to his son.”

(Or daughter.)

Suddenly, I’m a bit less embarrassed by the condition of my pipes and the time I spend keeping them that way.
I know, the thought of my great great grandson smoking one of my pipes someday, beautiful! Gives me chills.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Don't you know lady nicotine will be pretty much extinct in the next decade or so?

I'm growing a small crop of my own in Kenya right now, with the aid of local farmers, and will be drying it out and attempting to make a plug.
A few years ago I would have laughed at this but no more. Tobacco might not be extinct in a few decades but it will quite possibly be illegal to use and possess. At the same time marijuana is being legalized and anybody can fake hobble into an Urgent Care Center, groaning about his back and walk out in an hour or so with a prescription for synthetic heroin.
Yeah, the propaganda machine is strong. Nicotine basically has the same effects as caffeine; it's all the Bullpucky put in cigarettes and what not that is the main issue.
"For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain. If I am to go on living in the body, this will mean fruitful labor for me. Yet what shall I choose?" Philippians 1:21-22

ImageImage

User avatar
JohnnyMcPiperson
I want one of those
I want one of those
Posts: 8455
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Near the Sunken Road, VA

Re: Father of the Flame

Post by JohnnyMcPiperson » Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:47 am

At the rate I smoke, my grandkids may inherit my cellar anyway, so it’s still plausible even if tobacco goes away.
Cob Pipes Matter! The trophy was too big

User avatar
Joshoowah
Hermeneutic of suspicion
Hermeneutic of suspicion
Posts: 4893
Joined: Wed May 25, 2011 6:00 pm
Location: Nairobi, Kenya; formerly Wilmore, KY; Formerly Athens, AL
Contact:

Re: Father of the Flame

Post by Joshoowah » Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:41 pm

JohnnyMcPiperson wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:47 am
At the rate I smoke, my grandkids may inherit my cellar anyway, so it’s still plausible even if tobacco goes away.
I've pretty much stopped the past two months myself. Been thinking of getting rid of a lot of stuff. Treading carefully though.
"For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain. If I am to go on living in the body, this will mean fruitful labor for me. Yet what shall I choose?" Philippians 1:21-22

ImageImage

User avatar
rgcurrey
Brother of the Briar
Brother of the Briar
Posts: 1132
Joined: Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:49 pm
Location: NW Fla., dreaming about Montana to the Yukon

Re: Father of the Flame

Post by rgcurrey » Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:25 am

Joshoowah wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:41 pm
JohnnyMcPiperson wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:47 am
At the rate I smoke, my grandkids may inherit my cellar anyway, so it’s still plausible even if tobacco goes away.
I've pretty much stopped the past two months myself. Been thinking of getting rid of a lot of stuff. Treading carefully though.
If you feel the need to minimalize your tobacco I am here for you (especially when you come back home for a visit).
Well I got a job and tried to put my money away
But I got debts that no honest man can pay - B. Springsteen

User avatar
Goose55
Bartleby the Scrivener
Bartleby the Scrivener
Posts: 8415
Joined: Thu Feb 11, 2016 6:44 pm
Location: Southern Arizona, U.S.A.

Re: Father of the Flame

Post by Goose55 » Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:47 am

This will be a film shown in theaters? That's pretty wild.
"At present we're on the wrong side of the door. But all the pages of the New Testament are rustling with the rumor that it will not always be so." ~ C.S. Lewis

User avatar
Del
Hacked by Kellyanne Conway
Hacked by Kellyanne Conway
Posts: 38233
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Madison, WI
Contact:

Re: Father of the Flame

Post by Del » Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:16 am

JohnnyMcPiperson wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:47 am
At the rate I smoke, my grandkids may inherit my cellar anyway, so it’s still plausible even if tobacco goes away.
I'm looking about about 30 pounds of heirloom tobacco.
"Utter frogshit from start to finish." - Onyx

"I shall not wear a crown of gold where my Master wore a crown of thorns." - Godfrey de Bouillon

User avatar
Del
Hacked by Kellyanne Conway
Hacked by Kellyanne Conway
Posts: 38233
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Madison, WI
Contact:

Re: Father of the Flame

Post by Del » Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:17 am

Goose55 wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:47 am
This will be a film shown in theaters? That's pretty wild.
Unlikely to get that kind of distribution.

But it will likely stream on the internet services.
"Utter frogshit from start to finish." - Onyx

"I shall not wear a crown of gold where my Master wore a crown of thorns." - Godfrey de Bouillon

User avatar
FredS
The Trappists say shut it, still talking
The Trappists say shut it, still talking
Posts: 21947
Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: NOCO (Northern Colorado)

Re: Father of the Flame

Post by FredS » Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:21 pm

Del wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:17 am
Goose55 wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:47 am
This will be a film shown in theaters? That's pretty wild.
Unlikely to get that kind of distribution.

But it will likely stream on the internet services.
It may swing through art houses and indie theaters but yeah, it won't be playing at the metroplex over at the mall. A film based entirely on smoking tobacco would surely get an X rating from the board.
"If we ever get to heaven boys, it aint because we aint done nothin' wrong" - Kris Kristofferson

"One of the things I love about CPS is the frank and enthusiastic dysfunction here. God help me, I do love it so." – OldWorldSwine

"I'd like to put a hook in that puppet and swing it through a bunch of salmon!" - durangopipe

User avatar
joegoat
Minister of not knowing names
Minister of not knowing names
Posts: 2263
Joined: Fri Jun 04, 2010 6:00 pm
Location: Southwest Ohio

Re: Father of the Flame

Post by joegoat » Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:58 pm

FredS wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:21 pm
Del wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:17 am
Goose55 wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:47 am
This will be a film shown in theaters? That's pretty wild.
Unlikely to get that kind of distribution.

But it will likely stream on the internet services.
It may swing through art houses and indie theaters but yeah, it won't be playing at the metroplex over at the mall. A film based entirely on smoking tobacco would surely get an X rating from the board.
Bunch of funny duddies....
"A pipe gives a wise man time to think and a fool something to stick in his mouth." - C.S. Lewis

Post Reply