The Dark Faith

Here's the place for Vendor Sales, business ads and EBay links
User avatar
mountainman
Order of the Purple Moon
Order of the Purple Moon
Posts: 6426
Joined: Sun Dec 10, 2006 6:00 pm
Location: The Republic of Texas
Contact:

Post by mountainman » Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:08 pm

Zed wrote:I shall have to buy this book. If it is as good as Soulmancer then it is worth every penny. Jeremiah is a great author.

But I was really hoping for a few more books to follow up Soulmancer. I think it would make for a great 10 book series. When I finished the last page I was left wanting more. Much more. The world Jeremiah created was fascinating.
+1
I loved Soulmancer, I've read it several times now.
The Dark Faith is already on my wish list on Amazon, once Christmas is over and I have a few extra bucks, I will definitely be buying it!
:pipe3: Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me, a sinner.
The old pipe gives the sweetest smoke.

User avatar
Irish-Dane
I'm a pro at tobacco canning
I'm a pro at tobacco canning
Posts: 33109
Joined: Wed Jan 17, 2007 6:00 pm
Location: The beautiful mountains of Western North Carolina
Contact:

Post by Irish-Dane » Sat Dec 15, 2012 8:27 pm

mountainman wrote:
Zed wrote:I shall have to buy this book. If it is as good as Soulmancer then it is worth every penny. Jeremiah is a great author.

But I was really hoping for a few more books to follow up Soulmancer. I think it would make for a great 10 book series. When I finished the last page I was left wanting more. Much more. The world Jeremiah created was fascinating.
+1
I loved Soulmancer, I've read it several times now.
The Dark Faith is already on my wish list on Amazon, once Christmas is over and I have a few extra bucks, I will definitely be buying it!
Me too. On my wish list.

I really loved Making Tea as well.
It's not available because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body. --Colton

User avatar
Spyderweb
Brother of the Briar
Brother of the Briar
Posts: 2481
Joined: Sat May 29, 2010 6:00 pm
Location: Sanford FL

Post by Spyderweb » Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:43 pm

About a third of the way through the book. I must say, I wasn't expecting such a good read from an author I had not heard of before. I bought both I-D's and PnP's books, just because they were members of the CPS forum. I-D's book was something a little different than I normally read, but I really enjoyed it. PnP's book is in the same genre that I normally read, and compares favorably to those big named authors that I normally read.

Thanks to the both of you for some first class books.

User avatar
Gabriel
Enraged by S'mores
Enraged by S'mores
Posts: 11355
Joined: Thu Jun 25, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: central IL

Post by Gabriel » Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:01 pm

Irish-Dane wrote: I really loved Making Tea as well.
Just added to my Amazon wish list. Hopefully I'm in time for Santa to see it. :)
Sola Deo Gloria

User avatar
ChildOfGod
What's-his-name - President: Devo Fan Club Intl
What's-his-name - President: Devo Fan Club Intl
Posts: 7312
Joined: Sun Dec 23, 2007 6:00 pm
Location: In Christ by Faith

Post by ChildOfGod » Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:26 am

Just purchased it from Amazon. Its rare that I'm acquainted with both the author and publisher of a book. Got expedited shipping so I can read it over my Christmas vacation. Looking forward to it.

Any pipes or pints in it?
In Christ by Apostolic and Reformed Faith

User avatar
JimVH
Ramone, the hair dresser with smokin' diapers
Ramone, the hair dresser with smokin' diapers
Posts: 20957
Joined: Sun May 18, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: I wasn't born in Texas, but I got here as soon as I could.
Contact:

Post by JimVH » Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:01 am

Gabriel wrote:
Irish-Dane wrote: I really loved Making Tea as well.
Just added to my Amazon wish list. Hopefully I'm in time for Santa to see it. :)
I had it wish listed and then got one as a gift.


Color me happy :)

User avatar
PipeAndPint
CPS Theological Dogmatician
CPS Theological Dogmatician
Posts: 11889
Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2004 6:00 pm
Location: State College, Pennsylvania
Contact:

Post by PipeAndPint » Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:16 am

ChildOfGod wrote:Just purchased it from Amazon. Its rare that I'm acquainted with both the author and publisher of a book. Got expedited shipping so I can read it over my Christmas vacation. Looking forward to it.

Any pipes or pints in it?
There is a bit of mead, but no tobacco. Yet some things catch on fire... especially toward the end. I hope you enjoy it.
"Cigarettes are like indulgences. They promise a lot, but in the end are just paper for burning."

User avatar
gravel
Now it's a mess. Uniquely so.
Now it's a mess. Uniquely so.
Posts: 7863
Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:00 pm
Location: Oregon
Contact:

Post by gravel » Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:34 am

I purchased it for my kindle. Looking forward to reading it after the page turner I am reading on internal controls.

User avatar
Gabriel
Enraged by S'mores
Enraged by S'mores
Posts: 11355
Joined: Thu Jun 25, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: central IL

Post by Gabriel » Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:27 pm

Gabriel wrote:
Irish-Dane wrote: I really loved Making Tea as well.
Just added to my Amazon wish list. Hopefully I'm in time for Santa to see it. :)
Any plans for a Kindle version of this one? Or any of the others, for that matter?
Sola Deo Gloria

User avatar
jruegg
Mr. Eggs
Mr. Eggs
Posts: 25541
Joined: Thu Dec 17, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: Kingdom of God (Mk 1:15)
Contact:

Post by jruegg » Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:31 pm

Gabriel wrote:
Gabriel wrote:
Irish-Dane wrote: I really loved Making Tea as well.
Just added to my Amazon wish list. Hopefully I'm in time for Santa to see it. :)
Any plans for a Kindle version of this one? Or any of the others, for that matter?
Read Gravel’s post. It’s the one right above yours. You’re so lazy!
Image

User avatar
Gabriel
Enraged by S'mores
Enraged by S'mores
Posts: 11355
Joined: Thu Jun 25, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: central IL

Post by Gabriel » Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:39 pm

jruegg wrote:
Gabriel wrote:
Gabriel wrote:
Irish-Dane wrote: I really loved Making Tea as well.
Just added to my Amazon wish list. Hopefully I'm in time for Santa to see it. :)
Any plans for a Kindle version of this one? Or any of the others, for that matter?
Read Gravel’s post. It’s the one right above yours. You’re so lazy!
Gravel bought the Kindle version of the Dark Faith. I'm referring to the book in the post that I quoted. Read the posts before you comment. ;) Right now "Dark Faith" appears to be the only book with a Kindle version.
Sola Deo Gloria

User avatar
jruegg
Mr. Eggs
Mr. Eggs
Posts: 25541
Joined: Thu Dec 17, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: Kingdom of God (Mk 1:15)
Contact:

Post by jruegg » Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:44 pm

Gabriel wrote:
jruegg wrote:
Gabriel wrote:
Gabriel wrote:
Irish-Dane wrote: I really loved Making Tea as well.
Just added to my Amazon wish list. Hopefully I'm in time for Santa to see it. :)
Any plans for a Kindle version of this one? Or any of the others, for that matter?
Read Gravel’s post. It’s the one right above yours. You’re so lazy!
Gravel bought the Kindle version of the Dark Faith. I'm referring to the book in the post that I quoted. Read the posts before you comment. ;) Right now "Dark Faith" appears to be the only book with a Kindle version.
:oops: I’m so lazy! :lol:
Image

User avatar
Zed
Cross threaded, Self Quoting, One Pluser
Cross threaded, Self Quoting, One Pluser
Posts: 13464
Joined: Sun Jun 25, 2006 6:00 pm
Location: Howard City, Michigan
Contact:

Post by Zed » Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:49 pm

My copy showed up this afternoon. I'm excited to start reading it.

User avatar
Eric
VapeHead
VapeHead
Posts: 590
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:00 pm

Re:

Post by Eric » Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:43 am

PipeAndPint wrote:Thank you, Zed. Good to hear from you.

I don't intend to write any sequels to Soulmancer. But there will be three books in this trilogy. After The Dark Faith comes The Scarlet Bishop (Spring 2013), and then finally The Threefold Cord.

I searched for it, but didn't find any posts about it... The Threefold Cord is now out and its proving a good read thus far. I've been enjoying it on my lunch breaks.

User avatar
Eric
VapeHead
VapeHead
Posts: 590
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:00 pm

Re: The Dark Faith

Post by Eric » Tue May 05, 2015 10:58 am

Anyone else read the whole series? I really enjoyed it. There were a few times I was brought to tears by PnP's writing of unexpected brave and charitable acts. It was good stuff.
First who smelt it, dealt it!

Post Reply