IRONWOOD PIPE TAMPER TOOLS in seafaring timbers by davodiva

Here's the place for Vendor Sales, business ads and EBay links
davodiva
Congregation
Congregation

IRONWOOD PIPE TAMPER TOOLS in seafaring timbers by davodiva

Post by davodiva » Sat Sep 09, 2017 4:21 am

Gentlemen, have a look at my - lovingly made - tamper tools. Using the finest antipodean seafaring timbers from days of yore, to whit: Jarrah, Red Ironbark, and the amazing Cooktown Ironwood. All with Sterling Silver Pik and SS pin.

Any suggestions as to how I can publicize these creations would be most welcome!

5 Models: SLOOP, 1st MATE, CUTTY, BRIG, CLIPPER.

IRONWOOD PIPE TOOLS on ebay
Sloppy raggedy-assed old life. I love it. I never want to die. Dennis Trudell

Neurosis is always a substitute for legitimate suffering. :pipe: Carl Jung

Jewish itinerant: מלכות האלוהים נמצאת בתוכך

Winton
Frozen Sing-A-Long Elsa Doll

Re: IRONWOOD PIPE TAMPER TOOLS in seafaring timbers by davodiva

Post by Winton » Sat Sep 09, 2017 5:44 am

I have stated in the past, that a tamper should fulfill three requirements. It must tamp down ash. It must be able to clean out dottle. And it must make the user happy. Obviously a golf tee fulfills the first two, but seriously fails on the third requirement of being COOL! The best tamper I own, for the third category, has a crocodile tooth from PNG and a cumberland base. Any guesses who made that?

Tampers from seafaring timbers would be great for the Cool Factor. If I was marketing them, I would go to the pipe smoking community, which you have. But I would also work on nautical websites. You might be able to sell tampers to non-smokers in that group. You might want to consider tampers that don't include the tooling for cleaning out the dottle. Actually, you should consider making pens from this material. The market for high end pens is much bigger than the market for high end tampers.

davodiva
Congregation
Congregation

Post by davodiva » Sat Sep 09, 2017 6:31 am

Thank you Winton ....you make some sound points, I appreciate it :) ....thinking ....thinking
Sloppy raggedy-assed old life. I love it. I never want to die. Dennis Trudell

Neurosis is always a substitute for legitimate suffering. :pipe: Carl Jung

Jewish itinerant: מלכות האלוהים נמצאת בתוכך

Goose55
Del's Love Child
Del's Love Child

Post by Goose55 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:07 am

davodiva wrote:
Sat Sep 09, 2017 4:21 am
Gentlemen, have a look at my - lovingly made - tamper tools. Using the finest antipodean seafaring timbers from days of yore, to whit: Jarrah, Red Ironbark, and the amazing Cooktown Ironwood. All with Sterling Silver Pik and SS pin.

Any suggestions as to how I can publicize these creations would be most welcome!

5 Models: SLOOP, 1st MATE, CUTTY, BRIG, CLIPPER.

IRONWOOD PIPE TOOLS on ebay
We have a native tree here in the Sonoran Desert of Arizona called Ironwood. Very dense and heavy wood. In fact, it is so dense and heavy it sinks in water.

I like your tamper in that it has one side beveled, to tamp only the edges.
"At present we're on the wrong side of the door. But all the pages of the New Testament are rustling with the rumor that it will not always be so." ~ C.S. Lewis

Winton

Post by Winton » Mon Sep 11, 2017 3:12 pm

I think that many areas around the world call the toughtest, strongest wood in their area Ironwood. Osage Orange aka Hedge is extremely hard, and found all through the Midwest.

UncleBob
CPS Theological Dogmatician
CPS Theological Dogmatician

Post by UncleBob » Mon Sep 11, 2017 3:31 pm

Winton wrote:
Mon Sep 11, 2017 3:12 pm
I think that many areas around the world call the toughtest, strongest wood in their area Ironwood. Osage Orange aka Hedge is extremely hard, and found all through the Midwest.
That stuff will dull a case-hardened steel rasp.
"One man's theology is another man's belly laugh." - Robert A. Heinlein

"Many of the points here, taken to their logical conclusions, don't hold up to logic; they're simply Godded-up ways of saying "I don't like that." - Skip

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please." -Mark Twain