Worst cigar names ever.

Even cigar smokers are welcome here
bilder
Brother of the Briar
Brother of the Briar

Worst cigar names ever.

Post by bilder » Thu Jul 23, 2015 8:08 pm

I have seen some pretty silly names for cigars in the past, but this one takes the cake.

In a fit of poor judgement, I ordered the Dominican Grab Bad Sampler from CI. All are brands I have never heard of (and probably for good reason), but one of them just make me laugh.

Bikers Butt Cigars.

Yes. Someone named a cigar Bikers Butt.

"What are you smoking?"

"A Bikers Butt."

:lol:

What were the makers thinking????
"Welcome. Please post things that make no sense." -Onyx

CaptainBlack
Brother of the Briar
Brother of the Briar

Re: Worst cigar names ever.

Post by CaptainBlack » Thu Jul 23, 2015 8:36 pm

bilder wrote:I have seen some pretty silly names for cigars in the past, but this one takes the cake.

In a fit of poor judgement, I ordered the Dominican Grab Bad Sampler from CI. All are brands I have never heard of (and probably for good reason), but one of them just make me laugh.

Bikers Butt Cigars.

"What are you smoking?"

"A Bikers Butt."

I know next to nothing about cigars - as will probably be evident in my comment below.

I understand there is a line of cigars known as Acid which I understand to be mild and flavorful. I once read an explanation for the name but still ... seriously ... ACID?

bilder
Brother of the Briar
Brother of the Briar

Post by bilder » Sat Aug 01, 2015 8:24 pm

Well I smoked a Bikers Butt this evening.

It was actually a decent stick. If the name had not been as horrid as it was, these may have had a chance to survive the market.
"Welcome. Please post things that make no sense." -Onyx

PTNC
Usher
Usher

Post by PTNC » Sat Aug 01, 2015 11:50 pm

CaptainBlack wrote:
bilder wrote:I have seen some pretty silly names for cigars in the past, but this one takes the cake.

Bikers Butt Cigars.

"What are you smoking?"

"A Bikers Butt."

I know next to nothing about cigars - as will probably be evident in my comment below.

I understand there is a line of cigars known as Acid which I understand to be mild and flavorful. I once read an explanation for the name but still ... seriously ... ACID?
ACID cigars are awful. They're perfumed, and if you'd dumb enough (as I was) to put them in your humidor, they will spoil every other cigar in there. Given the choice, Bikers Butt might be preferable.

SandPiper
Brother of the Briar
Brother of the Briar

Post by SandPiper » Sun Aug 02, 2015 6:37 am

A smaller company called Erez Cigars put out a line called "Unsmokeable" last year....I never tried them based on their own opinion.
-Kip, aka SandPiper

...on Mission in the Dominican Republic: 4Fishers
The cigar show I co-host: Half Ashed

"If you can't fix it with cottage cheese - it ain't worth fixing." - John Boy

Hovannes
one lone Wollensak
one lone Wollensak

Post by Hovannes » Sun Aug 02, 2015 10:10 am

Muniemaker, the Prince Albert of the cigar world.
Actually a pretty good stick but that name irks my Distributist sensibilities to no end.

hugodrax
All Around Nice Guy
All Around Nice Guy

Post by hugodrax » Sun Aug 02, 2015 6:58 pm

Hoyo de Monterrey is a mind boggling stupid name.

PTNC
Usher
Usher

Post by PTNC » Sun Aug 02, 2015 7:02 pm

hugodrax wrote:Hoyo de Monterrey is a mind boggling stupid name.
You have to look deeper than 'The Hole of Monterrey' which sounds dirty. What can be deeper than Wikipedia?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hoyo_de_Monterrey

All will be revealed. Or did you have another reason?

hugodrax
All Around Nice Guy
All Around Nice Guy

Post by hugodrax » Sun Aug 02, 2015 7:16 pm

It's a stupid name. Hole of Monterrey is stupid. You're stupid for questioning my reasoning.

There. Now I feel part of the great discourse of CPS.

PTNC
Usher
Usher

Post by PTNC » Sun Aug 02, 2015 7:19 pm

hugodrax wrote:It's a stupid name. Hole of Monterrey is stupid. You're stupid for questioning my reasoning.

I don't deny my stupidity--it isn't easy to be as stupid as I am. Thank you for noticing. By any chance to you write under another name on Facebook?

hugodrax
All Around Nice Guy
All Around Nice Guy

Post by hugodrax » Sun Aug 02, 2015 7:25 pm

PTNC wrote:
hugodrax wrote:It's a stupid name. Hole of Monterrey is stupid. You're stupid for questioning my reasoning.

I don't deny my stupidity--it isn't easy to be as stupid as I am. Thank you for noticing. By any chance to you write under another name on Facebook?
You are far from stupid. Forgive my rudeness, it was meant to mock the standard of debate round these parts recenctly, although it has been markedly improved as of late.

Facebook, good sir, is the tool of both the devil and the NSA. I don't facebook.

PTNC
Usher
Usher

Post by PTNC » Sun Aug 02, 2015 7:28 pm

hugodrax wrote:
PTNC wrote:

You are far from stupid. Forgive my rudeness, it was meant to mock the standard of debate round these parts recenctly, although it has been markedly improved as of late.

Facebook, good sir, is the tool of both the devil and the NSA. I don't facebook.
Actually, I understood you were not serious, but mocking the status quo (and I agree with you generally--social media debate quickly shoots for the lowest denominator). As to Facebook, the NSA needs jobs too.

Del
Hacked by Kellyanne Conway
Hacked by Kellyanne Conway

Post by Del » Sun Aug 02, 2015 7:38 pm

hugodrax wrote:
PTNC wrote:

Lots of guys call me stoopid, too. (Mostly, they just disagree with me. It's just so hard for them to articulate as to why.)
"Utter frogshit from start to finish." - Onyx

"I shall not wear a crown of gold where my Master wore a crown of thorns." - Godfrey de Bouillon

hugodrax
All Around Nice Guy
All Around Nice Guy

Post by hugodrax » Sun Aug 02, 2015 7:48 pm

Del wrote:
hugodrax wrote:
PTNC wrote:

Lots of guys call me stoopid, too. (Mostly, they just disagree with me. It's just so hard for them to articulate as to why.)
That's the single funniest thing you've ever written, sir. I don't think you are stupid. I think boiling down the richest theological tradition in the world into soundbites is incredibly stupid, but I hope I've never mocked your particular level of intelligence. I consider you an online friend that I hope to meet one day.

serapion
I'll make yer head spin!
I'll make yer head spin!
Location: New Yorker from Connecticut, now exiled to the Republic of Texas

Post by serapion » Sun Aug 02, 2015 10:06 pm

hugodrax wrote:
Del wrote:
hugodrax wrote:
PTNC wrote:

That's the single funniest thing you've ever written, sir. I don't think you are stupid. I think boiling down the richest theological tradition in the world into soundbites is incredibly stupid, but I hope I've never mocked your particular level of intelligence. I consider you an online friend that I hope to meet one day.
Hugodrax, you have in one short thread climbed to the summit of the abyss that is CPS debate, then quickly descended to the lofty state of grace we should all aspire to. Well done.
I am a pipe smoker, the very embodiment of mellow.
I let nothing chap my ass.