Wowbagger The Infinitely Prolonged

Re: Talk To Me About Cheroots

Post by hugodrax » Sat Sep 19, 2015 9:58 pm

Jocose wrote:
hugodrax wrote:
Jocose wrote:
hugodrax wrote:
TNLawPiper wrote:You guys are willingly smoking tobacco that people who didn't have access to good tobacco smoked?
You know, that's the sort of grammar that could potentially make me go ape sugar if I happened to be in my cups.
Now your talking like you are loosing you're mind.
Nope. Not in my cups. Oh sure, La Chouffe was consumed, but only in the sort of reasonable amounts that lead to an elevated sense of well-being and not towards an uncontrollable homicidal rage against the sans culottes. CPS remains safe, old bean.
Did you get it? Your/you're and loosing?
Aye, but not being in my cups, there's no anger. Also, I took the scriptural warning to heart.

FredS
The Trappists say shut it, still talking

Post by FredS » Sun Sep 20, 2015 10:03 am

hugodrax wrote:
Jocose wrote:
hugodrax wrote:
Jocose wrote:
hugodrax wrote:
TNLawPiper wrote:You guys are willingly smoking tobacco that people who didn't have access to good tobacco smoked?
You know, that's the sort of grammar that could potentially make me go ape sugar if I happened to be in my cups.
Nope. Not in my cups. Oh sure, La Chouffe was consumed, but only in the sort of reasonable amounts that lead to an elevated sense of well-being and not towards an uncontrollable homicidal rage against the sans culottes. CPS remains safe, old bean.
Aye, but not being in my cups, there's no anger. Also, I took the scriptural warning to heart.
Jocose was making an imprudent and oblique comment on my spelling and grammar mistakes. I say it's imprudent because there will come a day when he makes a mistake with which I will bludgeon him mercilessly.

I've been waiting for such a blunder for three years and he has yet to slip. He tries to come across as a working stiff - a guy with dirt under his nails and a Harley parked in the yard. But his writing belies his made up persona. I think he's really a trust fund liberal who had the best East-coast education his wealthy father could buy. He summers on Cape Cod and winters in Avoriaz, France.
"If we ever get to heaven boys, it aint because we aint done nothin' wrong" - Kris Kristofferson

"One of the things I love about CPS is the frank and enthusiastic dysfunction here. God help me, I do love it so." – OldWorldSwine

"I'd like to put a hook in that puppet and swing it through a bunch of salmon!" - durangopipe

Del
Hacked by Kellyanne Conway

Post by Del » Sun Sep 20, 2015 2:18 pm

Hmmmm..... You're right. I think this deserves an OFG thread!
"Utter frogshit from start to finish." - Onyx

"I shall not wear a crown of gold where my Master wore a crown of thorns." - Godfrey de Bouillon

Jocose
a large Chinese man named Wu
a large Chinese man named Wu

Post by Jocose » Sun Sep 20, 2015 7:40 pm

FredS wrote:Jocose was making an imprudent and oblique comment on my spelling and grammar mistakes. I say it's imprudent because there will come a day when he makes a mistake with which I will bludgeon him mercilessly.

I've been waiting for such a blunder for three years and he has yet to slip. He tries to come across as a working stiff - a guy with dirt under his nails and a Harley parked in the yard. But his writing belies his made up persona. I think he's really a trust fund liberal who had the best East-coast education his wealthy father could buy. He summers on Cape Cod and winters in Avoriaz, France.

Sorry, No

I must say

No FredS imprudent or oblique comments were intended.
"And for Freds sake, DO NOT point anyone towards CPS or you'll put them off of both Christianity and pipe smoking forever." ~ FredS

"Other vessels will work, but the idealality of the Spam can cannot be contested." ~ JimVH

John-Boy
I'm a lover and I'm a sinner

Post by John-Boy » Tue Sep 22, 2015 7:52 am

Scheduled Delivery:
Wednesday, 09/23/2015
Praying - coco
Sometimes memes can be helpful as well as humorous - Jocose
Yer mom is kindhearted and well respected in her community - JMG
And when I am sitting on my new saddle, I will know that my weight is resting upon the collective minds of CPS - GaryinVa

FredS

Post by FredS » Tue Sep 22, 2015 9:03 am

John-Boy wrote:Scheduled Delivery:
Wednesday, 09/23/2015
Mine too!

BTW - How much was shipping?

(Mine was free because I stocked up and went over the $99 threshold for free shipping.)
"If we ever get to heaven boys, it aint because we aint done nothin' wrong" - Kris Kristofferson

"One of the things I love about CPS is the frank and enthusiastic dysfunction here. God help me, I do love it so." – OldWorldSwine

"I'd like to put a hook in that puppet and swing it through a bunch of salmon!" - durangopipe

John-Boy

Post by John-Boy » Tue Sep 22, 2015 9:04 am

FredS wrote:
John-Boy wrote:Scheduled Delivery:
Wednesday, 09/23/2015
Mine too!

BTW - How much was shipping?

(Mine was free because I stocked up and went over the $99 threshold for free shipping.)
About $5. The total was just under $40.
Praying - coco
And when I am sitting on my new saddle, I will know that my weight is resting upon the collective minds of CPS - GaryinVa

FredS

Post by FredS » Tue Sep 22, 2015 2:37 pm

The guy in the brown truck just stopped by!

Dropped of some crap from Zulilly that my wife ordered. Nothing for me.

John-Boy

Post by John-Boy » Tue Sep 22, 2015 3:01 pm

FredS wrote:The guy in the brown truck just stopped by!

Dropped of some crap from Zulilly that my wife ordered. Nothing for me.
A day early? Nice.

Sent from my Z812 using Tapatalk
Praying - coco

John-Boy

Post by John-Boy » Tue Sep 22, 2015 3:01 pm

Oh. I see what you did there.

Sent from my Z812 using Tapatalk
Praying - coco

John-Boy

Post by John-Boy » Wed Sep 23, 2015 6:01 am

In Transit: On Time
Praying - coco

Hovannes
Minister of Unanswered Threads
Minister of Unanswered Threads

Post by Hovannes » Tue Sep 29, 2015 8:49 am

"What doesn't kill you, gives you a lot of unhealthy coping mechanisms and a really dark sense of humor."

FredS

Post by FredS » Tue Sep 29, 2015 8:54 am

My review of the Red Lion Cheroots.

They're dark. Medium strength. A little bitter, but not bad. No flavors added. Wonderfully stinky so the wife and neighbors stay out of the shop - they stand at the door and quickly take care of business, then they leave me the hell alone.

Del

Post by Del » Tue Sep 29, 2015 8:58 am

hugodrax wrote:
Jocose wrote:
hugodrax wrote:
Jocose wrote:
hugodrax wrote:
I just want you to know that I see what you did there.
"Utter frogshit from start to finish." - Onyx

"I shall not wear a crown of gold where my Master wore a crown of thorns." - Godfrey de Bouillon

hugodrax

Post by hugodrax » Tue Sep 29, 2015 9:35 am

Del wrote:
hugodrax wrote:
Jocose wrote:
hugodrax wrote:
Jocose wrote:
hugodrax wrote:
I just want you to know that I see what you did there.
Petard hoisting?

hugodrax

Post by hugodrax » Tue Sep 29, 2015 9:42 am

FredS wrote:My review of the Red Lion Cheroots.

They're dark. Medium strength. A little bitter, but not bad. No flavors added. Wonderfully stinky so the wife and neighbors stay out of the shop - they stand at the door and quickly take care of business, then they leave me the hell alone.
Great review. While I love the flavors a cigar can give, my absolute favorite aspect of cigar smoking is the solitude it engenders.

Gabriel
Enraged by S'mores
Enraged by S'mores

Post by Gabriel » Wed Oct 28, 2015 8:10 pm

hugodrax wrote:
Otherwise, get yourself some Parodis or DiNobiles. Domestic product, but very authentic.
I went ahead and ordered a sleeve of the DiNobiles Longs with my recent tobacco order. I snuck out of the office early today and went fishing in the rain, wind, and cold. Miserable weather, but I had great time in part because I got to sample these cigars. I cut one in half and took it with me, smoked great, tasted great, and held up to the weather. I can't speak to how it smelled, though I don't doubt your description.
Sola Deo Gloria

John-Boy

Post by John-Boy » Tue Nov 08, 2016 10:21 am

John-Boy wrote:
Gabriel wrote:
Gabriel wrote:I was eyeing the Red Lions last month as well, if anyone has first hand experience with them I'd be interested to hear it.

Freds - I just finished a bundle of Banditos that I picked up in the spring from P&C.com. I got a bundle of 60 for about 35 bucks. I really enjoyed them. Cheap, convenient, good... The wrapper is dark with a little sweetener on the end. Not flavored, sweet though.

They should be in a humidor though, at least a make-shift one. I've been smoking them while fishing or working or sitting outside when I don't have time for a pipe. They're like backwoods cigars if they were made from higher quality tobacco and no PG
I typed that on my phone last night and it's a bit run together. The wrapper is sweetened for about an inch, the foot is left untrimmed. They're mild, but the dark wrapper gives them decent flavor. I found them surprisingly enjoyable.

I just placed my order. I hope they're good.
They're all gone. Actually I think there's one in the glove box... but other than that they're all gone. :cry:
Praying - coco

Cliff
Brother of the Briar
Brother of the Briar

Post by Cliff » Tue Nov 08, 2016 10:36 am

Interesting I could light up and be on the set of a Clint Eastwood western. Ride,m Cowboy :taco:
MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOUR PIPE
What is a rebel?-A man who says No- Albert Camus

"I have set my course for uncharted seas." Paradisio, Canto II, v 9, Dante

Fainn
Master's of fArts
Master's of fArts
Location: Unleashing a deadly fart cloud on some unsuspecting soul

Post by Fainn » Tue Nov 08, 2016 12:25 pm

Good idea. I may get one tomorrow based on whether or not my candidate wins. Maybe a Pacific Twyst coffee flavored cigar.
Haters gonna hate - Proverbs 9:8.