Can't get rid of the cigar stink

Even cigar smokers are welcome here
Bloodhound
Cannot Abide That Devil Weed

Can't get rid of the cigar stink

Post by Bloodhound » Wed Dec 23, 2015 2:11 pm

I get my hair cut at a local cigar shop with a barber in the back room. I get to smoke and the barber and I have become friends...last night I picked a $13 cigar that looks nice...but I didn't check to see who made it....bad idea...I smoked it and it was a little skunky...Tony the barber even asked what it was so he could not buy one. Well I got home showered and brushed my teeth and ate some dinner....kept smelling the cigar...it was on my hands in in my nose...I showered again before I went to bed....woke up this morning with the smell of skunky cigar.... I will avoid that band when I see it in the future...skinny reddish band with white stars around it....

My wife wants me to start taking my pipe when I get my hair cut...she said at least that smoke washes off.
Scott ( aka - Thor )
Do Justice...Love Mercy...Walk Humbly With Your GOD

bilder
Brother of the Briar
Brother of the Briar

Re: Can't get rid of the cigar stink

Post by bilder » Wed Dec 23, 2015 2:18 pm

Citrus seems to help me when the smoke lingers.

What cigar were you smoking?
"Welcome. Please post things that make no sense." -Onyx

Bloodhound

Post by Bloodhound » Wed Dec 23, 2015 3:45 pm

Builder...I didn't note the brand or edition...I just noted the band as I removed it...redish with white stars and very thin...maybe 1/8 inch wide....I won't be buying anything with that band...thanks for citrus idea.
I normally smoke Punch Rare Corojo or Rocky Patel or Oliva....but thought I should branch out....
Scott ( aka - Thor )

serapion
I'll make yer head spin!
I'll make yer head spin!
Location: New Yorker from Connecticut, now exiled to the Republic of Texas

Post by serapion » Wed Dec 23, 2015 9:24 pm

This should be a warning to us all 8O

I hear tomato juice works well for removing skunky smells.
I am a pipe smoker, the very embodiment of mellow.
I let nothing chap my ass.

DepartedLight
That boy's got a Thorazine deficiency.

Post by DepartedLight » Thu Dec 24, 2015 10:18 am

Bloodhound wrote:I get my haircut at a local cigar shop with a barber in the back room. I get to smoke and the barber and I have become friends...
I don't have any advice for you.

But I think it's great you can grab a cigar or pipe while getting a haircut. That's just great.

Now go wash your stanky self, again.

JimVH
Ramone, the hair dresser with smokin' diapers
Location: I wasn't born in Texas, but I got here as soon as I could.

Post by JimVH » Thu Dec 24, 2015 10:27 am

Two words:

Pine tar soap.

Bloodhound

Post by Bloodhound » Thu Dec 24, 2015 3:02 pm

The smell is gone...3 showers later. I do really enjoy a good cigar...this was not one of those.

I used to get my hair cut at "Knockouts" but it became something like a "Hooters for haircuts" low cut and very tight outfits on the young hairstylists. One day I was coming out after a haircut...I felt God convicted me right then and there. I never went back to "Knockouts"....my wife asked a couple of times why I quit going there...

I found the cigar shop with the barber and he has been cutting my hair for 4 years. The shop has cigars some pipe tobacco and I can smoke while I get a haircut and shave. When one door is shut another is opened.
Scott ( aka - Thor )

Winton
Frozen Sing-A-Long Elsa Doll
Frozen Sing-A-Long Elsa Doll

Post by Winton » Thu Dec 24, 2015 4:26 pm

My wife has been cutting my hair since we got married. I suppose I could ask her if she mine if I smoked during the cut, but since she is asmatic, I know the answer.

DepartedLight
That boy's got a Thorazine deficiency.

Post by DepartedLight » Thu Dec 24, 2015 8:19 pm

Bloodhound wrote:The smell is gone...3 showers later. I do really enjoy a good cigar...this was not one of those.

I used to get my hair cut at "Knockouts" but it became something like a "Hooters for haircuts" low cut and very tight outfits on the young hairstylists. One day I was coming out after a haircut...I felt God convicted me right then and there. I never went back to "Knockouts"....my wife asked a couple of times why I quit going there...

I found the cigar shop with the barber and he has been cutting my hair for 4 years. The shop has cigars some pipe tobacco and I can smoke while I get a haircut and shave. When one door is shut another is opened.
You, sir, are a good man.

Bloodhound

Post by Bloodhound » Wed Feb 17, 2016 4:06 pm

It is time to get my hair cut again...been almost 6 weeks. I have been planning to smoke my pipe instead of a cigar...what tobacco goes with a haircut? I am thinking Three Nuns or perhaps Wilderness...
Scott ( aka - Thor )

Del
Hacked by Kellyanne Conway
Hacked by Kellyanne Conway

Post by Del » Wed Feb 17, 2016 6:42 pm

Bloodhound wrote:It is time to get my hair cut again...been almost 6 weeks. I have been planning to smoke my pipe instead of a cigar...what tobacco goes with a haircut? I am thinking Three Nuns or perhaps Wilderness...
"Utter frogshit from start to finish." - Onyx

"I shall not wear a crown of gold where my Master wore a crown of thorns." - Godfrey de Bouillon

JimVH
Location: I wasn't born in Texas, but I got here as soon as I could.

Post by JimVH » Wed Feb 17, 2016 8:34 pm

Del wrote:
Bloodhound wrote:It is time to get my hair cut again...been almost 6 weeks. I have been planning to smoke my pipe instead of a cigar...what tobacco goes with a haircut? I am thinking Three Nuns or perhaps Wilderness...
Black Shag is AWESOME.

Jocose
a large Chinese man named Wu
a large Chinese man named Wu

Post by Jocose » Wed Feb 17, 2016 9:23 pm

Bloodhound wrote:The smell is gone...3 showers later. I do really enjoy a good cigar...this was not one of those.

Knockouts eh? Never heard of it. Sounds gimmicky.
"And for Freds sake, DO NOT point anyone towards CPS or you'll put them off of both Christianity and pipe smoking forever." ~ FredS

Bloodhound

Post by Bloodhound » Thu Feb 18, 2016 3:16 pm

JimVH wrote:
Del wrote:
Black Shag is AWESOME.

one I haven't tried....I'll stop at the local tonight and see if they have it...
Scott ( aka - Thor )

Bloodhound

Post by Bloodhound » Thu Feb 18, 2016 3:27 pm

Jocose wrote:

Knockouts eh? Never heard of it. Sounds gimmicky.

It is a Boxing theme with sports magazines ESPN on the TVs and female stylists only with tight shorts and low cut shirts...it is set up for men only although I once saw a young girl come in and get her hair cut really short. I worked with the mother of one of the stylists and went to the daughter to be another paying haircut...then she left and I just continued to get my hair cut there...its a first stop for most of the stylists and I would never say that I got a great haircut...well you get the idea.
Scott ( aka - Thor )