Foundry Chillin Moose

Even cigar smokers are welcome here
bilder
Brother of the Briar
Brother of the Briar

Foundry Chillin Moose

Post by bilder » Sat Jan 09, 2016 12:31 pm

Bought some based on the recommendation here.

Sat on the porch with some coffee and enjoyed a morning smoke while watching the birds feast on the seeds I put out for them.

Very well constructed. Nice draw, great flavor. I bought a 5 pack and will have to get more once I have smoked down my stash. Went on a buying bender over the holidays and have way too many sticks on hand.

Thanks for the suggestion. Would never have tried these otherwise.
"Welcome. Please post things that make no sense." -Onyx

Del
Hacked by Kellyanne Conway

Re: Foundry Chillin Moose

Post by Del » Sat Jan 09, 2016 1:21 pm

I enjoy trolling around PipesandCigars.com, in their "Garage Sale" section.

I had some good fortune with other cigars from Foundry. I took a chance with the Chillin' Moose.

My general advice to pipe smokers who enjoy a nice cigar on occasion (two to twenty cigars per month):

1.) Buy a small humidor. They cost about $30 or $40 for a nice one, plus another $10 or so for a humidifier and a hygrometer.

With a small humidor you will always have well-preserved sticks on hand. You can reach for a cigar whenever you like.

Don't get a large humidor. You'll know you'll just fill it with too many cigars.

2) Buy a box or two of clearance sale cigars. Don't be a snob. You will enjoy them... they are already premium. Just be savvy enough to know what size and wrapper you like. A little smaller is better than too large. You'll have a satisfying smoke before you get bored with it.

At clearance prices, premium cigars run from $2 each to as much as your frugal wallet wants to pay. By the time you smoke through your first box of 20 cigars, you will have paid for your humidor.

3) As smoking evangelists, it is good to have fresh cigars on hand. You can share a few small, mild ones with your novice smoking friends while you enjoy your pipe. It will make you feel like Mr. Moneybags from the Monopoly game.

"Utter frogshit from start to finish." - Onyx

"I shall not wear a crown of gold where my Master wore a crown of thorns." - Godfrey de Bouillon

ReverendThom
A Mari Usque Ad Mare
A Mari Usque Ad Mare

Post by ReverendThom » Fri Jan 15, 2016 4:00 pm

My secret Santa gave me a bunch of cigars, so this is what I rigged up. Total cost, $6.95 plus $20 for the hygrometer

Any reason this is a bad idea that I'm not aware of?

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk
"Pipe smokers used to be among the smartest people walking around. It's not true anymore." - Rusty

UncleBob
CPS Theological Dogmatician
CPS Theological Dogmatician

Post by UncleBob » Fri Jan 15, 2016 4:04 pm

ReverendThom wrote:My secret Santa gave me a bunch of cigars, so this is what I rigged up. Total cost, $6.95 plus $20 for the hygrometer

Just spritz a touch of bourbon in there and you are good to go!
"One man's theology is another man's belly laugh." - Robert A. Heinlein

"Many of the points here, taken to their logical conclusions, don't hold up to logic; they're simply Godded-up ways of saying "I don't like that." - Skip

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please." -Mark Twain

ReverendThom
A Mari Usque Ad Mare
A Mari Usque Ad Mare

Re: RE: Re: Foundry Chillin Moose

Post by ReverendThom » Fri Jan 15, 2016 4:05 pm

UncleBob wrote:
ReverendThom wrote:My secret Santa gave me a bunch of cigars, so this is what I rigged up. Total cost, $6.95 plus $20 for the hygrometer

Just spritz a touch of bourbon in there and you are good to go!
Cool. :)

"Pipe smokers used to be among the smartest people walking around. It's not true anymore." - Rusty

Del

Post by Del » Fri Jan 15, 2016 11:01 pm

I thought about going that route. Frugal! Economic efficiency is a thing to be proud of.

I ended up investing a few extra bucks so I could keep a few more cigars on hand, since Cigarson and Pipeson occasionally raid my stash. And I have a nice-looking box that does not offend Mrs. Del as it rests on her furniture.

The end result is the same: Well-preserved cigars on hand for whenever the urge strikes!

The hygrometer is a critical toy to have.

"I shall not wear a crown of gold where my Master wore a crown of thorns." - Godfrey de Bouillon

Hovannes
one lone Wollensak
one lone Wollensak

Post by Hovannes » Thu Jan 21, 2016 1:08 am

---Del, as I recollect The Foundry cigars you found and that we enjoyed at the Chesterton Conference in San Antonio were most excellent!
"What doesn't kill you, gives you a lot of unhealthy coping mechanisms and a really dark sense of humor."

Del

Post by Del » Tue Jan 26, 2016 10:01 pm

I smoked another Chillin' Moose cigar tonight.

Sweet & mild, without any threat of bitter-bite. Delicious!

http://www.cigar.com/cigars/84859/found ... lin-moose/