Humidor and cigars for 20 bucks

Even cigar smokers are welcome here
Post Reply
User avatar
bilder
Brother of the Briar
Brother of the Briar
Posts: 3468
Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2007 6:00 pm
Location: Myrtle Point, OR
Contact:

Humidor and cigars for 20 bucks

Post by bilder » Mon Mar 14, 2016 9:48 pm

For those of you wanting to give cigars a try, here is a great deal from Cigars International.

http://www.cigarsinternational.com/samp ... =WBADROLL2
"Welcome. Please post things that make no sense." -Onyx

User avatar
Pepik
Working as Intended
Posts: 6435
Joined: Sun May 05, 2013 9:21 am
Location: Just West of Skip
Contact:

Re: Humidor and cigars for 20 bucks

Post by Pepik » Mon Mar 14, 2016 10:10 pm

Add this to your order: http://www.cigarsinternational.com/humi ... ing-wipes/

Follow directions!
Rgrds,
Joe


"I'm an alarmingly happy and optimistic person" - A_Morley
"I drank what?" - Socrates

User avatar
Fainn
I've attained the highest rank so far
I've attained the highest rank so far
Posts: 3445
Joined: Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:48 pm

Re: Humidor and cigars for 20 bucks

Post by Fainn » Mon Mar 14, 2016 10:13 pm

Pepik wrote:Add this to your order: http://www.cigarsinternational.com/humi ... ing-wipes/

Follow directions!
So, will that keep it humidified? Been thinking about getting into cigars again. Usually only smoke them on special occassions.
I'm bigger than the Beatles - Jesus

User avatar
Pepik
Working as Intended
Posts: 6435
Joined: Sun May 05, 2013 9:21 am
Location: Just West of Skip
Contact:

Re: Humidor and cigars for 20 bucks

Post by Pepik » Mon Mar 14, 2016 10:38 pm

Fainn wrote:
Pepik wrote:Add this to your order: http://www.cigarsinternational.com/humi ... ing-wipes/

Follow directions!
So, will that keep it humidified? Been thinking about getting into cigars again. Usually only smoke them on special occassions.
That will season the cedar. That will not keep it humidified. I'd assume the humidor comes with a humidification tray or hockey-puck with an analog hygrometer. Use a Cigar humidification solution (Propylene Glycol) to keep the wicking material moistened.
Rgrds,
Joe


"I'm an alarmingly happy and optimistic person" - A_Morley
"I drank what?" - Socrates

User avatar
Fainn
I've attained the highest rank so far
I've attained the highest rank so far
Posts: 3445
Joined: Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:48 pm

Re: Humidor and cigars for 20 bucks

Post by Fainn » Mon Mar 14, 2016 10:52 pm

Pepik wrote:
Fainn wrote:
Pepik wrote:Add this to your order: http://www.cigarsinternational.com/humi ... ing-wipes/

Follow directions!
So, will that keep it humidified? Been thinking about getting into cigars again. Usually only smoke them on special occassions.
That will season the cedar. That will not keep it humidified. I'd assume the humidor comes with a humidification tray or hockey-puck with an analog hygrometer. Use a Cigar humidification solution (Propylene Glycol) to keep the wicking material moistened.
read the reviews. It doesn't come with the hygrometer or the humidification tray
I'm bigger than the Beatles - Jesus

User avatar
Pepik
Working as Intended
Posts: 6435
Joined: Sun May 05, 2013 9:21 am
Location: Just West of Skip
Contact:

Re: Humidor and cigars for 20 bucks

Post by Pepik » Mon Mar 14, 2016 10:59 pm

Fainn wrote:
Pepik wrote:
Fainn wrote:
Pepik wrote:Add this to your order: http://www.cigarsinternational.com/humi ... ing-wipes/

Follow directions!
So, will that keep it humidified? Been thinking about getting into cigars again. Usually only smoke them on special occassions.
That will season the cedar. That will not keep it humidified. I'd assume the humidor comes with a humidification tray or hockey-puck with an analog hygrometer. Use a Cigar humidification solution (Propylene Glycol) to keep the wicking material moistened.
read the reviews. It doesn't come with the hygrometer or the humidification tray
Sounds like they'll have to be acquired too.

Not sure how much of a deal this is...
Rgrds,
Joe


"I'm an alarmingly happy and optimistic person" - A_Morley
"I drank what?" - Socrates

User avatar
Fainn
I've attained the highest rank so far
I've attained the highest rank so far
Posts: 3445
Joined: Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:48 pm

Re: Humidor and cigars for 20 bucks

Post by Fainn » Mon Mar 14, 2016 11:03 pm

Pepik wrote:
Fainn wrote:
Pepik wrote:
Fainn wrote:
Pepik wrote:Add this to your order: http://www.cigarsinternational.com/humi ... ing-wipes/

Follow directions!
So, will that keep it humidified? Been thinking about getting into cigars again. Usually only smoke them on special occassions.
That will season the cedar. That will not keep it humidified. I'd assume the humidor comes with a humidification tray or hockey-puck with an analog hygrometer. Use a Cigar humidification solution (Propylene Glycol) to keep the wicking material moistened.
read the reviews. It doesn't come with the hygrometer or the humidification tray
Sounds like they'll have to be acquired too.

Not sure how much of a deal this is...
Me either. The box looks like OSB board on the inside with plastic mahogony vinyl. looked at the cigars and the seem half price if you go for the deal. So you at least get ten cigars half off even if the humidor isn't good.
I'm bigger than the Beatles - Jesus

User avatar
Pepik
Working as Intended
Posts: 6435
Joined: Sun May 05, 2013 9:21 am
Location: Just West of Skip
Contact:

Re: Humidor and cigars for 20 bucks

Post by Pepik » Tue Mar 15, 2016 8:20 am

Fainn wrote:Me either. The box looks like OSB board on the inside with plastic mahogony vinyl. looked at the cigars and the seem half price if you go for the deal. So you at least get ten cigars half off even if the humidor isn't good.
If someone's looking for a workable humidor out of this, I'd head to CheapHumidors.com and snag an economy model there. Having been burnt by ilk like Thompson cigar bundles, the ones at Cheap are solid and seal up when properly seasoned.
Rgrds,
Joe


"I'm an alarmingly happy and optimistic person" - A_Morley
"I drank what?" - Socrates

User avatar
Del
Hacked by Kellyanne Conway
Hacked by Kellyanne Conway
Posts: 36588
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Madison, WI
Contact:

Re: Humidor and cigars for 20 bucks

Post by Del » Tue Mar 15, 2016 11:12 am

If you like cigars sometimes, and you don't like paying $8 for a smoke....

Then get a 40 count humidor (about $20 to $40, or try the one with this deal)
get a hygrometer: http://www.cigarsinternational.com/hygr ... grometers/

Get some propylene glycol (a got 30 ml free from my pharmacist) and use the distilled water that your wife has for her iron. Make a 50/50 mix. Put this in the hydrator that comes with the humidor. Top it off with distilled water, as necessary.

Pepik's "seasoning wipes" are good for persuading the humidor wood to equilibrate to the proper hydration (takes a few days).

Then buy decent cigars by the box when they are on sale. Cigars Intl are good. Also, keep an eye on Pipes and Cigars "Garage Sale" section:
http://www.pipesandcigars.com/pipes/garage-sale/

I highly recommend the Chillin' Moose, by FOUNDRY. Great smokes, for $2 a stick.
http://www.cigarsinternational.com/ciga ... lin-moose/

Share and enjoy.
"Utter frogshit from start to finish." - Onyx

"I shall not wear a crown of gold where my Master wore a crown of thorns." - Godfrey de Bouillon

User avatar
Fainn
I've attained the highest rank so far
I've attained the highest rank so far
Posts: 3445
Joined: Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:48 pm

Re: Humidor and cigars for 20 bucks

Post by Fainn » Tue Mar 15, 2016 11:18 am

You've convinced me! Swisher Sweets it is!
I'm bigger than the Beatles - Jesus

User avatar
Fainn
I've attained the highest rank so far
I've attained the highest rank so far
Posts: 3445
Joined: Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:48 pm

Re: Humidor and cigars for 20 bucks

Post by Fainn » Sun Mar 20, 2016 3:19 pm

Was cleaning an estate today and found a cedar lined wooden suitcase. Some mods and I will have an awesome humidor or selling one.
I'm bigger than the Beatles - Jesus

Post Reply