Bundle bliss

Even cigar smokers are welcome here
bilder
Brother of the Briar
Brother of the Briar

Bundle bliss

Post by bilder » Tue Oct 18, 2016 10:34 pm

I am always looking for a great deal on cigars. I have bought a few good bundle sticks over the years and some not so good ones.

To me a good bundle cigar has to meet the following criteria:

1. Good flavor. duh

2. Cost under 35 bucks a bundle.

3. Decent construction- even draw, not too many plugged cigars, etc.

Fumas or long filler, does not matter so much. So far my go to bundles are Asylum Schizo, Rosa Cuba, Quorum, and Brick House Fumas.

What value sticks do you enjoy? Looking to expand my horizons and try something new.
"Welcome. Please post things that make no sense." -Onyx

tuttle
Theology Room Mod
Theology Room Mod

Re: Bundle bliss

Post by tuttle » Wed Oct 19, 2016 8:38 am

I'm a fan of Flor de Oliva. They have a few different types of wrappers, but I enjoy the original, which is an Ecuadorian Sumatra.

Also I'm a HUGE fan of nearly everything Los Blancos produces including their bundle cigar called Primos. Like, big time. I've had a few that have had some construction flaws, but I still go back for the price and the flavor. Unfortunately the local shops (as far as I can tell) either have stopped carrying them or they don't have em in stock when I'm looking for them. I can't seem to find them much anymore, but to be honest I haven't checked in a while. I should probably scour online at some point to see.

Also, now that I'm thinking of it, a while back me and some friends found a good deal on some kind of Ghurka bundle. I forget what they were called, but I remember them having a peanuty flavor that was extremely enjoyable. I vowed to myself that I'd remember what they were called, but, alas.

"May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one" -Mal Reynolds

"Better to die cheerfully with the aid of a little tobacco, than to live disagreeably and remorseful without." -CS Lewis

Bloodhound
Cannot Abide That Devil Weed

Post by Bloodhound » Wed Oct 19, 2016 11:47 am

A while back (couple of years ago, I bought 5 sticks from a broken Quorum bundle and took them to the house. I put them in a cigar box with a shot glass with a 1/2 shot of Makers Mark and came back to them in a couple of weeks. The bourbon was evaporated and the cigars...well they were great, Quorum being a good smoke anyway and even better with a little MM flavor. I should do that again!

Quorum is a great stick on a tight budget
Scott ( aka - Thor )
Do Justice...Love Mercy...Walk Humbly With Your GOD

bilder
Brother of the Briar
Brother of the Briar

Post by bilder » Wed Oct 19, 2016 2:52 pm

Holt's carries Rocky Patel Milligan series on sale from time to time. Pretty good cigars if you are a RP fan.

Sent from my LGLS885 using Tapatalk

UncleBob
CPS Theological Dogmatician
CPS Theological Dogmatician

Post by UncleBob » Thu Oct 20, 2016 3:38 pm

Pipes&Cigars is having a sale with at least one bundle on sale: http://www.pipesandcigars.com/cigars/fa ... r-blowout/
"One man's theology is another man's belly laugh." - Robert A. Heinlein

"Many of the points here, taken to their logical conclusions, don't hold up to logic; they're simply Godded-up ways of saying "I don't like that." - Skip

"You guys are weird." - Mrs. FredS

Bloodhound

Post by Bloodhound » Sat Oct 22, 2016 3:28 pm

UncleBob wrote:Pipes&Cigars is having a sale with at least one bundle on sale: http://www.pipesandcigars.com/cigars/fa ... r-blowout/
WOW That is a sale....some of those are less than a buck a stick.
Scott ( aka - Thor )
Do Justice...Love Mercy...Walk Humbly With Your GOD

bilder
Brother of the Briar
Brother of the Briar

Post by bilder » Sun Oct 30, 2016 5:05 pm

Bella Cuba. Bought a bundle a couple weeks ago to try. Pretty good Dominican mixed filler. Mild to medium bodied. Worth the 20 bucks I paid.

FredS
Really, really likes watching kids fish.
Really, really likes watching kids fish.

Post by FredS » Mon Nov 07, 2016 1:53 pm

bilder wrote:. . . So far my go to bundles are Asylum Schizo, Rosa Cuba, Quorum, and Brick House Fumas. . .
Working my way through a bundle of Schizo's on your recommendation. I'm pleased so far.
"If we ever get to heaven boys, it aint because we aint done nothin' wrong" - Kris Kristofferson

"One of the things I love about CPS is the frank and enthusiastic dysfunction here. God help me, I do love it so." – OldWorldSwine

"I'd like to put a hook in that puppet and swing it through a bunch of salmon!" - durangopipe

bilder
Brother of the Briar
Brother of the Briar

Re: RE: Re: Bundle bliss

Post by bilder » Mon Nov 07, 2016 2:21 pm

bilder wrote:Holt's carries Rocky Patel Milligan series on sale from time to time. Pretty good cigars if you are a RP fan.

Holt has these on sale with free shipping this week.