Home rolled Cigars

Even cigar smokers are welcome here
User avatar
hugodrax
A Complete Kneebiter
A Complete Kneebiter
Posts: 17401
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:00 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Contact:

Re: Home rolled Cigars

Post by hugodrax » Sat Dec 01, 2018 6:33 pm

Very interesting. Might be a valuable skill in the coming tabapocalypse.
Etiam mihi opinio anserem perirent.

User avatar
Goose55
Bartleby the Scrivener
Bartleby the Scrivener
Posts: 7902
Joined: Thu Feb 11, 2016 6:44 pm
Location: Southern Arizona, U.S.A.

Re: Home rolled Cigars

Post by Goose55 » Sat Dec 01, 2018 7:55 pm

hugodrax wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 6:33 pm
Very interesting. Might be a valuable skill in the coming tabapocalypse.
"Tabapocalypse?"

What's that? You havin' an extended happy hour?
"At present we're on the wrong side of the door. But all the pages of the New Testament are rustling with the rumor that it will not always be so." ~ C.S. Lewis

User avatar
hugodrax
A Complete Kneebiter
A Complete Kneebiter
Posts: 17401
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:00 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Contact:

Re: Home rolled Cigars

Post by hugodrax » Sat Dec 01, 2018 7:56 pm

Goose55 wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 7:55 pm
hugodrax wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 6:33 pm
Very interesting. Might be a valuable skill in the coming tabapocalypse.
"Tabapocalypse?"

Whats that?
I'm sorry. Typo. Tobacco apocalypse. Wasnt paying attention.
Etiam mihi opinio anserem perirent.

AnungUnRama
Congregation
Congregation
Posts: 64
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:30 am

Re: Home rolled Cigars

Post by AnungUnRama » Sun Dec 02, 2018 5:23 am

AKPreacher wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 5:49 pm
AnungUnRama wrote:Whoa cool! How'd you do that???
Carefully lol, why? Are you interested in rolling?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah I am. This just came across my feed and your pic was the first one I'd seen. I had no idea it was part of a longer thread. So, that was a pretty good first impression.

User avatar
AKPreacher
Usher
Usher
Posts: 451
Joined: Sat May 05, 2018 11:18 pm
Location: Alaska

Re: Home rolled Cigars

Post by AKPreacher » Wed Dec 19, 2018 4:55 am

One of my own I rolled last spring
Image


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User avatar
AKPreacher
Usher
Usher
Posts: 451
Joined: Sat May 05, 2018 11:18 pm
Location: Alaska

Re: Home rolled Cigars

Post by AKPreacher » Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:37 am

Got inspired to roll tonight!

Filler: Dominican Volado Piloto, Brazilian Mata Fina, T-13
Binder: Habano Vuelta Abajo
Wrapper: CT Shade
Image


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User avatar
JungleBiker
Congregation
Congregation
Posts: 19
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:48 pm
Location: Papua New Guinea/UK/USA

Re: Home rolled Cigars

Post by JungleBiker » Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:54 am

JMG wrote:
Thu May 17, 2018 10:31 pm
I grow it myself when I'm in PNG.
Okay, that does it. Now I really want to meet you when you get back here. Ever tried any of the ones you can get from New Ireland? I suspect the locally grown "brus" may be tobacciana niccotiana or whatever that variation is that is grown in the US for use in pesticides. Seriously strong stuff.

User avatar
JMG
2018 CPS Pipe Carver of the Year
2018 CPS Pipe Carver of the Year
Posts: 5982
Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:00 pm
Location: Florence, MS & Papua New Guinea
Contact:

Re: Home rolled Cigars

Post by JMG » Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:44 pm

JungleBiker wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:54 am
JMG wrote:
Thu May 17, 2018 10:31 pm
I grow it myself when I'm in PNG.
Okay, that does it. Now I really want to meet you when you get back here. Ever tried any of the ones you can get from New Ireland? I suspect the locally grown "brus" may be tobacciana niccotiana or whatever that variation is that is grown in the US for use in pesticides. Seriously strong stuff.
Don't think I've had any brus from NI. My favorite I've had over there is the Hagen brus. I wish I could get some of their seeds and try to grow it. The Sepik stuff taste like dirt, and what grows in my tribe is really strong, but not a bad flavor. It's good for cigars, but not so much in a pipe.
"No reserves, no retreats, no regrets."
"When you're dumb, you've got to be tough." - my dad

Post Reply