Post by AKPreacher » Mon May 20, 2019 1:20 pm

More of the same

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AKPreacher
Elder
Elder

Re: Home rolled Cigars

Post by AKPreacher » Wed May 22, 2019 6:04 pm

Playing around with some leaf today during a meeting.

Wrapped an EZ Cigar in the Raw with Maduro and Candela, then wrapped a CT Perfecto.

AKPreacher
Elder
Elder

Post by AKPreacher » Wed May 22, 2019 6:06 pm

JMG wrote:
AKPreacher wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 1:04 am

That's a legit looking stick. The wrapper on this one seems smoother than the others you posted...different leaf, different method?

Took more time getting the leaf to the right rh and stretching it more. It’s also an easier vitola to wrap than the ones i was doing before.

AKPreacher
Elder
Elder

Post by AKPreacher » Fri Oct 11, 2019 11:50 pm

Enjoyed one of my own this afternoon!

Stanley76
Deputy Sheriff of Mayberry

Post by Stanley76 » Sat Oct 12, 2019 5:55 am

Wow. How did I miss this thread? Now I have something new to study up on and think about doing but probably never do it. This is awesome and I have never thought about trying to make my own cigars. If civilization crashes you guys will be so rich. I have thought about growing and curing my own tobacco but that is another thing I've thought about doing but never pulled the trigger. This is a GREAT thread. Before I set out on on the University of Google highway, I have a couple of questions.

What is the learning curve on this? (I haven't checked any websites or videos yet)

Basic startup costs for online leaf purchases?

Looks like the quality of the cigars is about perfect, no runners or anything. Is that due to experience and skill? (dumb question but I am a dumb person).

Anyway, thanks for this thread. Maybe I'll get up off my butt and actually take a shot at this instead of just reading and thinking about it like I do with most of my projects/hobbies. Then, if I get good enough I can be a rich cigar baron along with JMG when civilization collapses or, if the FDA totally bans all tobacco I could have my own cigar cartel.
"'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind'; and, 'Love your neighbor as yourself.'"

AKPreacher
Elder
Elder

Post by AKPreacher » Mon Dec 02, 2019 6:07 pm

Got inspired to pull out some leaf yesterday

AKPreacher
Elder
Elder

Post by AKPreacher » Mon Dec 02, 2019 6:08 pm

Stanley76 wrote:Wow. How did I miss this thread? Now I have something new to study up on and think about doing but probably never do it. This is awesome and I have never thought about trying to make my own cigars. If civilization crashes you guys will be so rich. I have thought about growing and curing my own tobacco but that is another thing I've thought about doing but never pulled the trigger. This is a GREAT thread. Before I set out on on the University of Google highway, I have a couple of questions.

What is the learning curve on this? (I haven't checked any websites or videos yet)

Looks like the quality of the cigars is about perfect, no runners or anything. Is that due to experience and skill? (dumb question but I am a dumb person).

Anyway, thanks for this thread. Maybe I'll get up off my butt and actually take a shot at this instead of just reading and thinking about it like I do with most of my projects/hobbies. Then, if I get good enough I can be a rich cigar baron along with JMG when civilization collapses or, if the FDA totally bans all tobacco I could have my own cigar cartel.
Dang I just now saw this, sorry. Are you still looking for answers our did google help you enough?

Stanley76

Post by Stanley76 » Mon Dec 02, 2019 6:20 pm

AKPreacher wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 6:08 pm
Stanley76 wrote:Wow. How did I miss this thread? Now I have something new to study up on and think about doing but probably never do it. This is awesome and I have never thought about trying to make my own cigars. If civilization crashes you guys will be so rich. I have thought about growing and curing my own tobacco but that is another thing I've thought about doing but never pulled the trigger. This is a GREAT thread. Before I set out on on the University of Google highway, I have a couple of questions.

Dang I just now saw this, sorry. Are you still looking for answers our did google help you enough?

I did do some googling. I haven't given it a shot yet though. You are really a master at this. I'm very impressed.
"'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind'; and, 'Love your neighbor as yourself.'"

AKPreacher
Elder
Elder

Post by AKPreacher » Mon Dec 02, 2019 6:24 pm

Stanley76 wrote:
AKPreacher wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 6:08 pm

I did do some googling. I haven't given it a shot yet though. You are really a master at this. I'm very impressed.
Let me know if you want to go deeper, I can show you the way.

FYI leafonly.com is 20% for cyber Monday