Home rolled Cigars

Even cigar smokers are welcome here
User avatar
AKPreacher
Elder
Elder
Posts: 723
Joined: Sat May 05, 2018 11:18 pm
Location: Alaska

Re: Home rolled Cigars

Post by AKPreacher » Mon May 20, 2019 1:20 pm

More of the same
Image


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User avatar
AKPreacher
Elder
Elder
Posts: 723
Joined: Sat May 05, 2018 11:18 pm
Location: Alaska

Re: Home rolled Cigars

Post by AKPreacher » Wed May 22, 2019 6:04 pm

Playing around with some leaf today during a meeting.
Image

Wrapped an EZ Cigar in the Raw with Maduro and Candela, then wrapped a CT Perfecto.



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User avatar
AKPreacher
Elder
Elder
Posts: 723
Joined: Sat May 05, 2018 11:18 pm
Location: Alaska

Re: Home rolled Cigars

Post by AKPreacher » Wed May 22, 2019 6:06 pm

JMG wrote:
AKPreacher wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 1:04 am
Image


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's a legit looking stick. The wrapper on this one seems smoother than the others you posted...different leaf, different method?

Took more time getting the leaf to the right rh and stretching it more. It’s also an easier vitola to wrap than the ones i was doing before.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User avatar
AKPreacher
Elder
Elder
Posts: 723
Joined: Sat May 05, 2018 11:18 pm
Location: Alaska

Re: Home rolled Cigars

Post by AKPreacher » Fri Oct 11, 2019 11:50 pm

Enjoyed one of my own this afternoon!
Image


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User avatar
Stanley76
Master of Swords
Master of Swords
Posts: 2616
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2019 6:50 pm
Location: Pungo River NC

Re: Home rolled Cigars

Post by Stanley76 » Sat Oct 12, 2019 5:55 am

Wow. How did I miss this thread? Now I have something new to study up on and think about doing but probably never do it. This is awesome and I have never thought about trying to make my own cigars. If civilization crashes you guys will be so rich. I have thought about growing and curing my own tobacco but that is another thing I've thought about doing but never pulled the trigger. This is a GREAT thread. Before I set out on on the University of Google highway, I have a couple of questions.

What is the learning curve on this? (I haven't checked any websites or videos yet)

Basic startup costs for online leaf purchases?

Looks like the quality of the cigars is about perfect, no runners or anything. Is that due to experience and skill? (dumb question but I am a dumb person).

Anyway, thanks for this thread. Maybe I'll get up off my butt and actually take a shot at this instead of just reading and thinking about it like I do with most of my projects/hobbies. Then, if I get good enough I can be a rich cigar baron along with JMG when civilization collapses or, if the FDA totally bans all tobacco I could have my own cigar cartel.
"'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind'; and, 'Love your neighbor as yourself.'"

User avatar
AKPreacher
Elder
Elder
Posts: 723
Joined: Sat May 05, 2018 11:18 pm
Location: Alaska

Re: Home rolled Cigars

Post by AKPreacher » Mon Dec 02, 2019 6:07 pm

Got inspired to pull out some leaf yesterday
Image


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User avatar
AKPreacher
Elder
Elder
Posts: 723
Joined: Sat May 05, 2018 11:18 pm
Location: Alaska

Re: Home rolled Cigars

Post by AKPreacher » Mon Dec 02, 2019 6:08 pm

Stanley76 wrote:Wow. How did I miss this thread? Now I have something new to study up on and think about doing but probably never do it. This is awesome and I have never thought about trying to make my own cigars. If civilization crashes you guys will be so rich. I have thought about growing and curing my own tobacco but that is another thing I've thought about doing but never pulled the trigger. This is a GREAT thread. Before I set out on on the University of Google highway, I have a couple of questions.

What is the learning curve on this? (I haven't checked any websites or videos yet)

Basic startup costs for online leaf purchases?

Looks like the quality of the cigars is about perfect, no runners or anything. Is that due to experience and skill? (dumb question but I am a dumb person).

Anyway, thanks for this thread. Maybe I'll get up off my butt and actually take a shot at this instead of just reading and thinking about it like I do with most of my projects/hobbies. Then, if I get good enough I can be a rich cigar baron along with JMG when civilization collapses or, if the FDA totally bans all tobacco I could have my own cigar cartel.
Dang I just now saw this, sorry. Are you still looking for answers our did google help you enough?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User avatar
Stanley76
Master of Swords
Master of Swords
Posts: 2616
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2019 6:50 pm
Location: Pungo River NC

Re: Home rolled Cigars

Post by Stanley76 » Mon Dec 02, 2019 6:20 pm

AKPreacher wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 6:08 pm
Stanley76 wrote:Wow. How did I miss this thread? Now I have something new to study up on and think about doing but probably never do it. This is awesome and I have never thought about trying to make my own cigars. If civilization crashes you guys will be so rich. I have thought about growing and curing my own tobacco but that is another thing I've thought about doing but never pulled the trigger. This is a GREAT thread. Before I set out on on the University of Google highway, I have a couple of questions.

What is the learning curve on this? (I haven't checked any websites or videos yet)

Basic startup costs for online leaf purchases?

Looks like the quality of the cigars is about perfect, no runners or anything. Is that due to experience and skill? (dumb question but I am a dumb person).

Anyway, thanks for this thread. Maybe I'll get up off my butt and actually take a shot at this instead of just reading and thinking about it like I do with most of my projects/hobbies. Then, if I get good enough I can be a rich cigar baron along with JMG when civilization collapses or, if the FDA totally bans all tobacco I could have my own cigar cartel.
Dang I just now saw this, sorry. Are you still looking for answers our did google help you enough?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I did do some googling. I haven't given it a shot yet though. You are really a master at this. I'm very impressed.
"'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind'; and, 'Love your neighbor as yourself.'"

User avatar
AKPreacher
Elder
Elder
Posts: 723
Joined: Sat May 05, 2018 11:18 pm
Location: Alaska

Re: Home rolled Cigars

Post by AKPreacher » Mon Dec 02, 2019 6:24 pm

Stanley76 wrote:
AKPreacher wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 6:08 pm
Stanley76 wrote:Wow. How did I miss this thread? Now I have something new to study up on and think about doing but probably never do it. This is awesome and I have never thought about trying to make my own cigars. If civilization crashes you guys will be so rich. I have thought about growing and curing my own tobacco but that is another thing I've thought about doing but never pulled the trigger. This is a GREAT thread. Before I set out on on the University of Google highway, I have a couple of questions.

What is the learning curve on this? (I haven't checked any websites or videos yet)

Basic startup costs for online leaf purchases?

Looks like the quality of the cigars is about perfect, no runners or anything. Is that due to experience and skill? (dumb question but I am a dumb person).

Anyway, thanks for this thread. Maybe I'll get up off my butt and actually take a shot at this instead of just reading and thinking about it like I do with most of my projects/hobbies. Then, if I get good enough I can be a rich cigar baron along with JMG when civilization collapses or, if the FDA totally bans all tobacco I could have my own cigar cartel.
Dang I just now saw this, sorry. Are you still looking for answers our did google help you enough?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I did do some googling. I haven't given it a shot yet though. You are really a master at this. I'm very impressed.
Let me know if you want to go deeper, I can show you the way.

FYI leafonly.com is 20% for cyber Monday


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User avatar
AKPreacher
Elder
Elder
Posts: 723
Joined: Sat May 05, 2018 11:18 pm
Location: Alaska

Re: Home rolled Cigars

Post by AKPreacher » Thu Dec 12, 2019 12:28 am

Some new things to play with.
Image


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User avatar
Jester
Brother of Tuttle
Brother of Tuttle
Posts: 2315
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2016 1:10 pm
Location: Pleasant Hill, MO

Re: Home rolled Cigars

Post by Jester » Thu Dec 12, 2019 7:05 am

AKPreacher wrote:
Thu Dec 12, 2019 12:28 am
Some new things to play with.
Image


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Have you thought of rolling on a YouTube video?

[EDIT] I want to see how you roll that barber pole.
Pumpkin Ale is more American than apple pie! -Tuttle

"It's funny how Big-Pharma was so evil until now." -Norm MacDonald

User avatar
tuttle
Tomnoddy Attercop
Tomnoddy Attercop
Posts: 15109
Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Middle-west
Contact:

Re: Home rolled Cigars

Post by tuttle » Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:37 am

Jester wrote:
Thu Dec 12, 2019 7:05 am
AKPreacher wrote:
Thu Dec 12, 2019 12:28 am
Some new things to play with.
Image


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Have you thought of rolling on a YouTube video?

[EDIT] I want to see how you roll that barber pole.
Or a step by step thread?

Also, if you need anyone to test a few for 'quality', I'm yer man. :chili:
"The Evangelium has not abrogated legends; it has hallowed them" -JRR Tolkien

"Better to die cheerfully with the aid of a little tobacco, than to live disagreeably and remorseful without." -CS Lewis

User avatar
AKPreacher
Elder
Elder
Posts: 723
Joined: Sat May 05, 2018 11:18 pm
Location: Alaska

Re: Home rolled Cigars

Post by AKPreacher » Thu Dec 12, 2019 11:48 am

Jester wrote:
AKPreacher wrote:
Thu Dec 12, 2019 12:28 am
Some new things to play with.
Image


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Have you thought of rolling on a YouTube video?

[EDIT] I want to see how you roll that barber pole.
Not really, a friend of mine does some great YouTube videos his name is blisscigarco


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User avatar
AKPreacher
Elder
Elder
Posts: 723
Joined: Sat May 05, 2018 11:18 pm
Location: Alaska

Re: Home rolled Cigars

Post by AKPreacher » Fri Apr 17, 2020 10:39 pm

Connecticut Broadleaf wrapper
Image

Nicaraguan Wrapper
Image


Filler is:

Rene Seco
Brazilian Mata Fina
Nicaraguan Ligero

Dominican binder


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User avatar
ryland
More of this
More of this
Posts: 3759
Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2004 6:00 pm

Re: Home rolled Cigars

Post by ryland » Sat Apr 18, 2020 12:08 am

Very talented!
"Clothes make the man. Naked people have little to no influence on society." Mark Twain

User avatar
AKPreacher
Elder
Elder
Posts: 723
Joined: Sat May 05, 2018 11:18 pm
Location: Alaska

Re: Home rolled Cigars

Post by AKPreacher » Wed Apr 22, 2020 12:48 am

ryland wrote:Very talented!
Thx


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User avatar
AKPreacher
Elder
Elder
Posts: 723
Joined: Sat May 05, 2018 11:18 pm
Location: Alaska

Re: Home rolled Cigars

Post by AKPreacher » Wed Apr 22, 2020 12:48 am

Image


Filler-Rene Seco, Puerto Rican leaf, and Aged Nicaraguan Ligero

Dominican binder

Wrapper-The lighter two are Ec Shade and the darker one is Brazilian


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User avatar
AKPreacher
Elder
Elder
Posts: 723
Joined: Sat May 05, 2018 11:18 pm
Location: Alaska

Re: Home rolled Cigars

Post by AKPreacher » Mon May 04, 2020 2:23 am

Image


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User avatar
AKPreacher
Elder
Elder
Posts: 723
Joined: Sat May 05, 2018 11:18 pm
Location: Alaska

Re: Home rolled Cigars

Post by AKPreacher » Wed May 06, 2020 1:18 pm

Image
CT Broadleaf, Brazilian, and CT shade


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User avatar
AKPreacher
Elder
Elder
Posts: 723
Joined: Sat May 05, 2018 11:18 pm
Location: Alaska

Re: Home rolled Cigars

Post by AKPreacher » Fri May 15, 2020 1:28 pm

Image

Filler-Rene Seco, Nicaraguan Ligero, T-13, and Puerto Rican leaf
Binder-Dominican
Wrapper-Habano Maduro


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Reply