What's with these flavored/infused cigars?

Even cigar smokers are welcome here
peter cornbriar
Minister of Cob Questions, Resident Briar Rabbit, Sockpuppet Inquisitor
Minister of Cob Questions, Resident Briar Rabbit, Sockpuppet Inquisitor

What's with these flavored/infused cigars?

Post by peter cornbriar » Sat Aug 18, 2018 4:38 pm

OK, so I go to buy a sundry in joe blow convenience store/gas station.There I see, behind the counter, single packets of Drew Estate "Acid" flavored cigars.
Small ring gauge,the one I looked at was called ,"blue". My son enjoys the Acid line,sez the flavoring adds just the right touch.Apparently the DE Acid line comes in several shapes,sizes,strengths.These are not cheap,($), either.
Drew Estate claims that the cigars are top drawer, (they appear hand rolled).
Ok, I had one , saccharine-ly sweet head and somewhat interesting flavor and must say that the tobacco is actually of decent quality.
Is this something new, flavored cigars I mean? Or is this just recycled from a former time?
Is it the Acid line hallmark profile picture of a guy leaning against a parked sports bike,with cigar in mouth and what appear to be horns sprouting from his head the key to the "new" marketing ploy? As in, let's target the 18+ crowd with our colorful package design and bubble gum appeal?
What gives?
The glory of God is the nature of God - that God is good.He is unfailingly good.He never changes,He will always be good.God has called us to do what we cannot do,only He can do it.He has called us to live in His faithfulness,He has called us to live in His consistency,that He will come and do all the things that need to be done.

The chief end of Man is to worship God.

Gabriel
Enraged by S'mores
Enraged by S'mores

Re: What's with these flavored/infused cigars?

Post by Gabriel » Sat Aug 18, 2018 5:01 pm

I started smoking cigars around 2000, Acid cigars have been around since at least that time, or close to it. I used to pick up the occasional “blondie” for Mrs Gabriel. She enjoyed them. I got them at real tobacco shop, they were sold in boxes like all the other Drew Estate cigars.
Sola Deo Gloria

Del
Hacked by Kellyanne Conway

Post by Del » Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:07 pm

Cigars with an aromatic topping.... and clove cigarettes.
"Utter frogshit from start to finish." - Onyx

"I shall not wear a crown of gold where my Master wore a crown of thorns." - Godfrey de Bouillon

Ether
Usher
Usher

Post by Ether » Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:17 pm

Just... refrain from anything "flavoured" when it comes to cigars. Likewise, I don't buy any "seasoned" meat. It's just a cheap trick to sell minor quality stuff.

Hovannes
Minister of Unanswered Threads
Minister of Unanswered Threads

Post by Hovannes » Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:30 pm

The worse of the lot are flavored Swisher Sweets.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=REvmhBO99I4
"What doesn't kill you, gives you a lot of unhealthy coping mechanisms and a really dark sense of humor."

sweetandsour
Minister of Pipe Breaking
Minister of Pipe Breaking

Post by sweetandsour » Sat Aug 18, 2018 8:32 pm

I was trying to remember the first time I saw fruit flavored cigars. I'm hazy on that. But I do remember '93-'95 time frame, buying a few so-called "pipe tobacco cigars" at the old Lone Star tobacco shop in the tunnel, downtown Houston. Just like many aromatic pipe tobaccos, they smelled better than they tasted, and were apt to fall apart in your mouth, but still were interesting smokes. I dont remember the shop stocking them for very long, and then they were no longer available.
Most of the local convenience stores here sell the various flavored cigars. I've bought one here and there for my wife, mostly for a ride to the beach, or back yard BBQ.
I'm old but I'm happy. (Most of the time.)

joegoat
Minister of not knowing names
Minister of not knowing names

Post by joegoat » Sun Aug 19, 2018 4:32 am

Rocky Patel Javas are the only infused cigar I would smoke again. They smell like a fresh pan of brownies and that comes through the flavor as well.
"A pipe gives a wise man time to think and a fool something to stick in his mouth." - C.S. Lewis

Del

Post by Del » Sun Aug 19, 2018 5:05 am

These guys are really very good -- and they make you feel like Clint Eastwood.

https://www.italiansmokes.com/premium-m ... oscanello/

"Utter frogshit from start to finish." - Onyx

"I shall not wear a crown of gold where my Master wore a crown of thorns." - Godfrey de Bouillon