Heart & Home El Nino

Review your favorite tobaccos here.
mont974x4
It's gotten old now
It's gotten old now

Heart & Home El Nino

Post by mont974x4 » Sun Dec 04, 2016 10:06 am

Heart & Home El Nino
According to tobaccoreviews.com, “A unique and robust blend of Virginia, Dark-Fired, Black Cavendish, Perique and a hint of latakia. Rich, smooth flavor that produces volumes of thick, creamy smoke.” The tin note as a very mild ketchup aroma with a hint of spice given by the Perique. It is ribbons of browns and black. The moisture content was perfect. It packs well, lights and smokes easily, and ends in nice white ash. I have been smoking this at home for a week, and sometimes puffing on it a little hard as I putter around the woodshop. I don’t think it’s possible to make this bite. There is a hint of the peppery goodness offered by the Perique, but it is not overpowering at all. This is a well-blended mix of creamy, lightly sweet flavors accented by the pepperiness at times. I truly enjoyed this blend, smoking several bowls throughout my days off. It pairs well with a good cup of coffee, a nice hefeweizen, and an irish stout.
It sounded better when the voices in my head were saying it.

Ire attracter-at-large and general misanthrope.

sweetandsour
Minister of Pipe Breaking
Minister of Pipe Breaking

Re: Heart & Home El Nino

Post by sweetandsour » Sun Dec 04, 2016 9:50 pm

Thanks for the review; the blend sounds interesting, although not one that I typically order.

The only H&H blend that I've ordered, in fact, is Old Tartan, originally because I was led to believe that it used deer tongue. According to Tobacco Reviews, Old Tartan in fact does not use deer tongue. However, I enjoyed the tin anyway, and ordered another, which, at the moment remains unopened.
I'm old but I'm happy. (Most of the time.)