C&D Corn Cob Pipe

Review your favorite tobaccos here.
JohnnyMcPiperson
I want one of those
I want one of those

C&D Corn Cob Pipe

Post by JohnnyMcPiperson » Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:42 pm

I found this to be good for an aromatic, but there are others I like better. It was pretty steady throughout the bowl, grassy with subtle notes of marshmallow, hot cocoa, and nutmeg. Overall a creamy, but haylike smoke. Smokes a little hot, tastes almost as good as it smells in the tin, but not quite.

Pipe Used: Old Dominion Pipe Co. - Virginia Planter

Age When Smoked: 1 year old

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Last edited by JohnnyMcPiperson on Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Pleasures are shafts of the glory as it strikes our sensibility... Make every pleasure into a channel of adoration." ~C.S. Lewis

Irish-Dane
I'm a pro at tobacco canning

Re: C&D Corn Cob Pipe

Post by Irish-Dane » Wed Jul 26, 2017 6:34 am

Maybe age would have made mine better, or maybe I was just going through a phase. I tried this around the same time I tried Autumn Evening, both were outstandingly disappointing. Terrific tin note, truly terrific in all senses of the word, but absolutely flat in smoking taste. With a smell as strong as they both presented, I expected as enjoyable of an experience as Boswell's No-Bite D-lite. Big mistake. I subsequently gave both tins away shortly thereafter. It was a rash move, and I should have known better, but I was that disgusted with their blandness.

But enough about me, thanks for the review. I also found it burning a little hot.
It's not available because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body. --Colton

greenbriar
Congregation
Congregation

Post by greenbriar » Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:26 am

JohnnyMcPiperson wrote:
Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:42 pm
I found this to be good for an aromatic, but there are others I like better. It was pretty steady throughout the bowl, grassy with subtle notes of marshmallow, hot cocoa, and nutmeg. Overall a creamy, but haylike smoke. Smokes a little hot, tastes almost as good as it smells in the tin, but not quite.

I found smoking mine was nice but I got a very bad smell after it was done. Which is strange because the room note *during* the smoke was fantastic. Somehow when it was over it got all weird

Irish-Dane

Post by Irish-Dane » Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:54 am

greenbriar wrote:
Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:26 am
JohnnyMcPiperson wrote:

I found smoking mine was nice but I got a very bad smell after it was done. Which is strange because the room note *during* the smoke was fantastic. Somehow when it was over it got all weird
I said the same thing while dating certain women that have come through my life.
It's not available because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body. --Colton

JohnnyMcPiperson
I want one of those
I want one of those

Post by JohnnyMcPiperson » Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:09 am

Irish-Dane wrote:
greenbriar wrote:
Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:26 am
JohnnyMcPiperson wrote:

I said the same thing while dating certain women that have come through my life.
ROTFL

"Pleasures are shafts of the glory as it strikes our sensibility... Make every pleasure into a channel of adoration." ~C.S. Lewis

Roadmaster

Post by Roadmaster » Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:45 am

JohnnyMcPiperson wrote:

Started pipe smoking around age 10-11 and I though THAT was early.

(not nearly as funny as ID's comment)

Irish-Dane

Post by Irish-Dane » Thu Aug 03, 2017 9:03 am

Roadmaster wrote:
Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:45 am
JohnnyMcPiperson wrote:

Started pipe smoking around age 10-11 and I though THAT was early.

(not nearly as funny as ID's comment)
Don't be so hard on yourself, I laughed. But it has been proven I have a questionable sense of humor, so caution would be suggested.