DL Jake’s e-Class

Review your favorite tobaccos here.
JohnnyMcPiperson
I want one of those
I want one of those

DL Jake’s e-Class

Post by JohnnyMcPiperson » Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:25 pm

Disclaimer- this is my first go at this tobacco, received it in the mail yesterday, so if I have anything to ad next time I smoke it, I will have to revisit.

So to start, when I sniffed the little baggie I received, I got hints of vanilla or almost a butter scotch flavor, you could easily rename this blend “butter beer” and I wouldn’t argue. Upon lighting it I was greeted with warm clouds of vanilla. This stuff is so smooth, you could smoke it all day and be ready for more. I am not typically an aromatic guy, so I’m not getting much in the way of nuance, but that could be just because my palate is simply not trained for aromatics. About half way through the bowl, I just felt a connection to cream soda, that is what I want to say this tastes like.

Final determination, I like it for what it is, it’s not my cup of tea necessarily, but when I reach for an aromatic occasionally I wouldn’t mind it being this one.

Looking forward to reviewing more blends from my good pal DL Jake!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Last edited by JohnnyMcPiperson on Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Pleasures are shafts of the glory as it strikes our sensibility... Make every pleasure into a channel of adoration." ~C.S. Lewis

JohnnyMcPiperson
I want one of those
I want one of those

Re: DL Jake’s e-Class

Post by JohnnyMcPiperson » Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:28 pm

Picking up something else, but I can’t figure what it is just yet, I’ll get back to you.

"Pleasures are shafts of the glory as it strikes our sensibility... Make every pleasure into a channel of adoration." ~C.S. Lewis

DepartedLight
That boy's got a Thorazine deficiency.

Post by DepartedLight » Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:55 pm

JohnnyMcPiperson wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:25 pm
Disclaimer- this is my first go at this tobacco, received it in the mail yesterday, so if I have anything to ad next time I smoke it, I will have to revisit.

So to start, when I sniffed the little baggie I received, I got hints of vanilla or almost a butter scotch flavor, you could easily rename this blend “butter beer” and I wouldn’t argue. Upon lighting it I was greeted with warm clouds of vanilla. This stuff is so smooth, you could smoke it all day and be ready for more. I am not typically an aromatic guy, so I’m not getting much in the way of nuance, but that could be just because my palate is simply not trained for aromatics. About half way through the bowl, I just felt a connection to cream soda, that is what I want to say this tastes like.

Final determination, I like it for what it is, it’s not my cup of tea necessarily, but when I reach for an aromatic occasionally I wouldn’t mind it being this one.

Have you posted a bio yet?
DL Jake

you win the sneakiness award. » Bloodhound

JohnnyMcPiperson
I want one of those
I want one of those

Post by JohnnyMcPiperson » Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:15 am

DepartedLight wrote:
JohnnyMcPiperson wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:25 pm

Have you posted a bio yet?
Hmmm, where do I go to do that? Do I really need to, I’m probably just a sock puppet anyway...

JohnnyMcPiperson
I want one of those
I want one of those

Post by JohnnyMcPiperson » Sat Nov 11, 2017 6:40 am

Funny you should mention the bio actually, I was just thinking, wow I wonder what I wrote in my bio, that was like 10 years ago, and then I was like WOW! I’m getting old, 30 today actually...

coco
Uniquely Duggish
Uniquely Duggish

Post by coco » Sat Nov 11, 2017 7:14 am

JohnnyMcPiperson wrote:
Sat Nov 11, 2017 6:40 am
Funny you should mention the bio actually, I was just thinking, wow I wonder what I wrote in my bio, that was like 10 years ago, and then I was like WOW! I’m getting old, 30 today actually...

Here ya go
"Like a gold ring in a pig's snout is a cob with a forever lucite stem." (Pipverbs 1:1)
"No more signatures that quote other CPS members." - Thunk

JohnnyMcPiperson
I want one of those
I want one of those

Post by JohnnyMcPiperson » Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:18 pm

Ha! Funny to look back at my words from that long ago...

Del
Hacked by Kellyanne Conway
Hacked by Kellyanne Conway

Post by Del » Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:21 pm

CPS Class of 2008!

We should plan a reunion.
"Utter frogshit from start to finish." - Onyx

"Let all bitterness and wrath and anger and clamor and slander be put away from you, along with all malice. Be kind to one another, tender-hearted, forgiving each other, just as God in Christ also has forgiven you." - Eph 4

Bloodhound
Cannot Abide That Devil Weed

Post by Bloodhound » Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:03 am

JohnnyMcPiperson wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:28 pm
Picking up something else, but I can’t figure what it is just yet, I’ll get back to you.

I picked up cocoa in addition to the vanilla as I was smoking my sample
Scott ( aka - Thor )
Do Justice...Love Mercy...Walk Humbly With Your GOD

DepartedLight

Post by DepartedLight » Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:47 am

The cocoa is the part I like.
DL Jake

Bloodhound

Post by Bloodhound » Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:50 am

I have stayed away from aromatic blends for the last 5 or 6 years...but this Summer I have had a more open mind and now have 3 or 4 that I really like and will keep in rotation. E-Class is a very smooth blend and I too like the cocoa
Scott ( aka - Thor )
Do Justice...Love Mercy...Walk Humbly With Your GOD

JohnnyMcPiperson
I want one of those
I want one of those

Post by JohnnyMcPiperson » Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:41 pm

Bloodhound wrote:I have stayed away from aromatic blends for the last 5 or 6 years...but this Summer I have had a more open mind and now have 3 or 4 that I really like and will keep in rotation. E-Class is a very smooth blend and I too like the cocoa
Yea that’s been similar to my experience

JohnnyMcPiperson
I want one of those
I want one of those

Post by JohnnyMcPiperson » Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:40 am

My current aromatics of choice are C&D Autumn Evening and Corn Cob Pipe and a Button Nose, GLP Virginia Cream and Sixpence and McC Darkest Chocolate

DepartedLight

Post by DepartedLight » Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:02 pm

JohnnyMcPiperson wrote:
Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:40 am
My current aromatics of choice are C&D Autumn Evening and Corn Cob Pipe and a Button Nose, GLP Virginia Cream and Sixpence and McC Darkest Chocolate

Tell me more about McC Darkest Chocolate.
DL Jake

JohnnyMcPiperson
I want one of those
I want one of those

DL Jake’s e-Class

Post by JohnnyMcPiperson » Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:20 am

DepartedLight wrote:
JohnnyMcPiperson wrote:

From tobaccoreviews.com
“McClelland - No. 403 Darkest Chocolate (Bulk) No. 403 Darkest Chocolate A chocolate lover's delight! This rich Black Cavendish flavored with deep, dark chocolate, but not too sweet, that has been described as fine European chocolate or Devil's Food cake in a pipe.”

I have not taken the time to review it just yet, but it’s has a smooth dark sweetness to it, I usually add it to an english that has dried out to liven it up a bit. I mixed it with some old English blends and some Perique and it was great.

It’s just a straight up flavored black cavendish.

DepartedLight

Post by DepartedLight » Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:08 pm

JohnnyMcPiperson wrote:
Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:20 am
DepartedLight wrote:
JohnnyMcPiperson wrote:

From tobaccoreviews.com
“McClelland - No. 403 Darkest Chocolate (Bulk) No. 403 Darkest Chocolate A chocolate lover's delight! This rich Black Cavendish flavored with deep, dark chocolate, but not too sweet, that has been described as fine European chocolate or Devil's Food cake in a pipe.”

I have not taken the time to review it just yet, but it’s has a smooth dark sweetness to it, I usually add it to an english that has dried out to liven it up a bit. I mixed it with some old English blends and some Perique and it was great.

What if you sent me 15g of it & I send you 20g of the next e class preproduction offering? We gotta deal?
DL Jake

JohnnyMcPiperson
I want one of those
I want one of those

Post by JohnnyMcPiperson » Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:34 pm

DepartedLight wrote:
JohnnyMcPiperson wrote:
Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:20 am
DepartedLight wrote:
JohnnyMcPiperson wrote:

From tobaccoreviews.com

What if you sent me 15g of it & I send you 20g of the next e class preproduction offering? We gotta deal?
Yea I can do that, I need to mail some baccy to another member too.