The Country Squire's White Rose

Review your favorite tobaccos here.
ryland
More of this
More of this

The Country Squire's White Rose

Post by ryland » Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:03 am

I got a package in last week. Here's the description from the Country Squire's website:
The Wars of the Roses were 15th Century conflicts fought between the Yorks and the Lancasters for control of the throne of England. Though extinguished with the death of Richard III in 1485, the Yorkist tradition is proud and lives on both in its direct descendants and in the hearts and minds of English romantics. With White Rose, we honor the House of York.

This soft Burley and Cavendish mixture will be one of the most unique aromatics in your cellar. The pronounced honey topping at times resembles tea, or even rum. The sophisticated pipe smoker will immediate appreciate the essence of Lakeland tobacco characteristics, as rosewater is apparent on the exhale. A sweet, perfumed delight!
Easily one of the best and most unique aromatics, if not blends I've ever had. It has the qualities of burley and cavendish, but the topping has a honey note I've been looking for ever since House of Windsor quit making tobacco. This was a tobacco made by someone who was passionate about the product, and I look forward to many more bowls.

It's smoked dry, and the flavor profile is consistent throughout the bowl. If you like burley and something unique, this is worth trying.
"Clothes make the man. Naked people have little to no influence on society." Mark Twain

rgcurrey
Pastor
Pastor

Re: The Country Squire's White Rose

Post by rgcurrey » Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:07 pm

I saw that you were smoking this quite a bit, thanks for the review of it.
Well I got a job and tried to put my money away
But I got debts that no honest man can pay - B. Springsteen

And he said to the man,
"Behold, the fear of the Lord, that is wisdom,
and to turn away from evil is understanding." - Job 28:28

sweetandsour
Minister of Pipe Breaking
Minister of Pipe Breaking

Re: The Country Squire's White Rose

Post by sweetandsour » Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:59 pm

rgcurrey wrote:
Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:07 pm
I saw that you were smoking this quite a bit, thanks for the review of it.
+ Me. I'll be sure to pick some up next time I'm over that way.
I'm old but I'm happy. (Most of the time.)