What I'm Smoking in April - Savinelli Giubileo d'Oro

Review your favorite tobaccos here.
ryland
More of this
More of this

What I'm Smoking in April - Savinelli Giubileo d'Oro

Post by ryland » Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:10 pm

Anyone want to get some and review it with me? I'm making my order next week and will smoke some April 1, if able. I'll post a review thread and those who are interested can join in.

Savinelli Giubileo d'Oro

The description:
Savinelli's Giubilieo d'Oro is an elegant flake made of sweet Virginias from the US and Brazil with excellent Cyprian Latakia. The tobaccos are pressed and sliced into flakes. Giubilieo d'Oro is on the gentler side of the latakia scale, and blended so expertly that all the tobaccos are in perfect harmony. Named for one of Savinelli's most treasured line of pipes, this smooth and zesty flake certainly lives up to the name.

Whether you fold and stuff or fully rub out these flakes, you're in for a treat. The sweetness and tang of the superb flue-cured tobaccos take the forefront, but a creamy, leathery note from the Latakia is always present, while never assaulting the palate. Mellow enough to be enjoyed at any time of day, Giubilieo d'Oro will be a welcome companion. Pop the tin, sit back, and enjoy the reverie that only a superlative tobacco can deliver.
"Clothes make the man. Naked people have little to no influence on society." Mark Twain

Joshoowah
Hermeneutic of suspicion
Hermeneutic of suspicion
Location: Nairobi, Kenya; formerly Wilmore, KY; Formerly Athens, AL

Re: What I'm Smoking in April - Savinelli Giubileo d'Oro

Post by Joshoowah » Sat Mar 10, 2018 3:26 am

ryland wrote:
Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:10 pm
Anyone want to get some and review it with me? I'm making my order next week and will smoke some April 1, if able. I'll post a review thread and those who are interested can join in.

Savinelli Giubileo d'Oro

The description:
Savinelli's Giubilieo d'Oro is an elegant flake made of sweet Virginias from the US and Brazil with excellent Cyprian Latakia. The tobaccos are pressed and sliced into flakes. Giubilieo d'Oro is on the gentler side of the latakia scale, and blended so expertly that all the tobaccos are in perfect harmony. Named for one of Savinelli's most treasured line of pipes, this smooth and zesty flake certainly lives up to the name.

Whether you fold and stuff or fully rub out these flakes, you're in for a treat. The sweetness and tang of the superb flue-cured tobaccos take the forefront, but a creamy, leathery note from the Latakia is always present, while never assaulting the palate. Mellow enough to be enjoyed at any time of day, Giubilieo d'Oro will be a welcome companion. Pop the tin, sit back, and enjoy the reverie that only a superlative tobacco can deliver.
Your link is to GLP's Sixpence :p
"For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain. If I am to go on living in the body, this will mean fruitful labor for me. Yet what shall I choose?" Philippians 1:21-22

ImageImage

Irish-Dane
I'm a pro at tobacco canning
I'm a pro at tobacco canning

Post by Irish-Dane » Sat Mar 10, 2018 5:45 am

I'm gonna need the link fixed to take this serious. :P
It's not available because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body. --Colton

ryland
More of this
More of this

Post by ryland » Sat Mar 10, 2018 6:53 am

"Clothes make the man. Naked people have little to no influence on society." Mark Twain

sweetandsour
Minister of Pipe Breaking

Post by sweetandsour » Sat Mar 10, 2018 7:04 am

I'll try it, but I'm ordering from Smoking Pipes or somewhere else. I'd still like to try the White Rose, maybe the shop in MS has both.
I'm old but I'm happy. (Most of the time.)

ryland
More of this
More of this

Post by ryland » Sat Mar 10, 2018 7:26 am

sweetandsour wrote:
Sat Mar 10, 2018 7:04 am
I'll try it, but I'm ordering from Smoking Pipes or somewhere else. I'd still like to try the White Rose, maybe the shop in MS has both.
Have you had trouble with P&C?

hugodrax
All Around Nice Guy
All Around Nice Guy

Post by hugodrax » Sat Mar 10, 2018 7:47 am

sweetandsour wrote:
Let me know if they do, I'm fascinated by White Rose.
Etiam mihi opinio anserem perirent.

sweetandsour

Post by sweetandsour » Sat Mar 10, 2018 7:49 am

ryland wrote:
Sat Mar 10, 2018 7:26 am
sweetandsour wrote:
Short answer is yes; but I did have a good experience with the latest $1 deal they offered. They have a reputation for advertising, and even putting on sale, items that they don't have in stock. They long had a reputation for slow receipts of orders, which reached a crescendo a year or two ago when they got overwhelmed on IPSD.
Anyway ... I really hope they're better now.

sweetandsour

Post by sweetandsour » Sat Mar 10, 2018 7:50 am

hugodrax wrote:
Sat Mar 10, 2018 7:47 am
sweetandsour wrote:
Let me know if they do, I'm fascinated by White Rose.
As far as I can tell, they don't.

ryland
More of this
More of this

Post by ryland » Sat Mar 10, 2018 8:24 am

sweetandsour wrote:
Sat Mar 10, 2018 7:49 am
ryland wrote:
sweetandsour wrote:
Short answer is yes; but I did have a good experience with the latest $1 deal they offered. They have a reputation for advertising, and even putting on sale, items that they don't have in stock. They long had a reputation for slow receipts of orders, which reached a crescendo a year or two ago when they got overwhelmed on IPSD.
I made an order a week ago and they had it to me in two days. I could be the exception to the rule.

Joshoowah
Hermeneutic of suspicion
Hermeneutic of suspicion
Location: Nairobi, Kenya; formerly Wilmore, KY; Formerly Athens, AL

Post by Joshoowah » Sat Mar 10, 2018 12:03 pm

ryland wrote:
Sat Mar 10, 2018 8:24 am
sweetandsour wrote:
Sat Mar 10, 2018 7:49 am
ryland wrote:
sweetandsour wrote:
I made an order a week ago and they had it to me in two days. I could be the exception to the rule.
Naw, they're probably okay most of the time, but I, as well as many others, refuse to do business with them any longer. I'll pay a fraction more to get better service from Smoking Pipes, Mars, or even 4noggins. Last purchase I made with P&C was last year when they gave me a $50 gift certificate for the fiasco on IPSD. Used it and moved on. Their issues for me were way before the IPSD thing, by the way, just the IPSD was the straw that broke the camel's back, I suppose.
"For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain. If I am to go on living in the body, this will mean fruitful labor for me. Yet what shall I choose?" Philippians 1:21-22

ImageImage

rgcurrey
Elder
Elder

Post by rgcurrey » Sat Mar 10, 2018 12:05 pm

I like this idea, but, just made a tobacco purchase and to be honest your description of the White Rose has me itching to try that next (maybe with an oz or two of their Parson blend too). I will sit this one out and hopefully try to jump in on May’s group review.
Well I got a job and tried to put my money away
But I got debts that no honest man can pay - B. Springsteen

And he said to the man,
"Behold, the fear of the Lord, that is wisdom,
and to turn away from evil is understanding." - Job 28:28