Savinelli Giubileo d'Oro

Review your favorite tobaccos here.
ryland
More of this
More of this

Savinelli Giubileo d'Oro

Post by ryland » Sun Apr 01, 2018 9:51 pm

From P&C's website:
Savinelli's Giubilieo d'Oro is an elegant flake made of sweet Virginias from the US and Brazil with excellent Cyprian Latakia. The tobaccos are pressed and sliced into flakes. Giubilieo d'Oro is on the gentler side of the latakia scale, and blended so expertly that all the tobaccos are in perfect harmony. Named for one of Savinelli's most treasured line of pipes, this smooth and zesty flake certainly lives up to the name.

Whether you fold and stuff or fully rub out these flakes, you're in for a treat. The sweetness and tang of the superb flue-cured tobaccos take the forefront, but a creamy, leathery note from the Latakia is always present, while never assaulting the palate. Mellow enough to be enjoyed at any time of day, Giubilieo d'Oro will be a welcome companion. Pop the tin, sit back, and enjoy the reverie that only a superlative tobacco can deliver.

I smoked a bowl of this today and found it refreshing. Nice moisture level.

Don't think I've had an English quite like this. The VA was definitely forward in the smoke with the latakia in the background which resulted in a smokey and sweet taste, almost woodsy. Found this one to burn slow and cool. Looking forward to going through the rest of the tin. I'd be interested to hear impressions from others who primarily smoke English blends.
"Clothes make the man. Naked people have little to no influence on society." Mark Twain

Bloodhound
Cannot Abide That Devil Weed
Cannot Abide That Devil Weed

Re: Savinelli Giubileo d'Oro

Post by Bloodhound » Mon Apr 02, 2018 11:19 am

What method did youuse to smoke...rubbed or fold and stuff or the Daz twist
Scott ( aka - Thor )
Do Justice...Love Mercy...Walk Humbly With Your GOD

ryland
More of this
More of this

Re: Savinelli Giubileo d'Oro

Post by ryland » Mon Apr 02, 2018 6:30 pm

For this time I rolled and put in the bowl with the edges up. This one seemed to break more easily than others.
"Clothes make the man. Naked people have little to no influence on society." Mark Twain