C&D Pegasus

Review your favorite tobaccos here.
Stanley76
Deputy Sheriff of Mayberry
Deputy Sheriff of Mayberry

C&D Pegasus

Post by Stanley76 » Fri Jul 19, 2019 6:23 pm

I recently watched a youtube video from a guy that does pipes and tobacco videos. He's a into burley tobaccos like me and his all day tobacco is Haunted Bookshop which I also like. Lately he has been smoking a lot of C&D Pegasus. I ordered a tin and this stuff has really grown on me.

Quoting from Tobacco Reviews: "Three burley tobaccos, two Virginias, and a touch of unsweetened black cavendish form a classic American blend, hearkening back to the days when burley was king in American pipe tobacco blends"

I stink at doing reviews myself but if you love burley tobacco this is really good stuff. Nothing remarkable, nothing outstanding, just good rich nutty burley flavor is all I can taste. The fact that it is so "one dimensional" is what is making me like it so much. It's just a comfortable tobacco to smoke. The nicotine is there but not overly strong, so you can smoke it all day if you want. It is easy to pack and it stays lit with no problem. As far as the room note goes, I have no clue. I'm going to order at least one, or maybe two pounds of this stuff.
"'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind'; and, 'Love your neighbor as yourself.'"

“Do not meddle in the affairs of moderators, for they are subtle and quick to anger.”

Yohanan
יוֹחָנָן
יוֹחָנָן

Re: C&D Pegasus

Post by Yohanan » Fri Jul 19, 2019 6:40 pm

A fine review, and to the point. I must agree it is a nice , and as you stated, rich nutty burley. Plain and simple like myself, it's a good tobacco.
Smoke What You Like, And Like What You Smoke...Regardless Of What Anyone Else Thinks!!Image

DepartedLight
Likes Licking Guns
Likes Licking Guns

Post by DepartedLight » Sun Jul 21, 2019 9:51 am

I've run half dozen tins of through a pipe or too. 7form1911 turned me on to it many moons ago.

Enjoy!
DL Jake

Feel free to use that quote in your signature. Stanley76 » 22 Feb 2019 21:50

7formy1911
Colt = PERFECTION
Colt = PERFECTION

Post by 7formy1911 » Sun Jul 21, 2019 10:15 am

DepartedLight wrote:
Sun Jul 21, 2019 9:51 am
I've run half dozen tins of through a pipe or too. 7form1911 turned me on to it many moons ago.

Enjoy!
One of my favorites and gets even smoother with age. It has an oat like nuttiness that I really enjoy and the unsweetened black cavendish is a masterful addition. Truly an excellent and comfortable burley companion.
"The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money." Alexis De Tocqueville

"Speed is fine. Accuracy is final."