Persecution and Whining

The part of the church where the silliest things happen. Conversations that sound like they belong in the youth room will be moved here.
John-Boy
I'm a lover and I'm a sinner

Post by John-Boy » Thu Mar 30, 2006 6:48 pm

kendrck wrote:
John-Boy wrote:
kendrck wrote:
John-Boy wrote:Aaaah... That's a trick quesiton! Elves don't need to go on dialects... they're not fat. That's the hobbits! RIGHT!?!?
i mean, seriously ... who cares if their kidneys are failing ...
No, No... I think I got it right this time. I think he's asking if Elves are Scientoligists, right? Isn't Dialects one of those L. Ron Hubbard books?
Tom Cruise wasn't in LOTR ...
Do you think PnP has been faking? And he's NEVER read it!?!?

Skip
Everything in Moderatoration

Post by Skip » Fri Mar 31, 2006 12:53 pm

John-Boy wrote:I love Fellowship of the Ring. I wanna be a hobbit too.
Actually, J-B would probably make a great hobbit. The type that sits at home, drinks lots of ale, smokes lots of weed, doesn't shave his toes, and complains that 'adventures are nasty, uncomfortable things that make you late for dinner.' That type of hobbit is in the majority by far: safe, conservative, predictable, solid, respectable...

...and boring. :twisted:

So - what IS J-B's hobbit name? Go on. Go to that site and tell us who you are...

~Bingo
2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 Winner of the CPS Award: "Most Likely to be Found Without Pants at Any Given Moment"

2017 Curmudgeon of the Year

"No man is peer to Skip, peasant." -A_Morley

John-Boy

Post by John-Boy » Fri Mar 31, 2006 12:56 pm

Skip wrote:
Actually, J-B would probably make a great hobbit. The type that sits at home, drinks lots of ale, smokes lots of weed, doesn't shave his toes, and complains that 'adventures are nasty, uncomfortable things that make you late for dinner.' That type of hobbit is in the majority by far: safe, conservative, predictable, solid, respectable...

So - what IS J-B's hobbit name? Go on. Go to that site and tell us who you are...

~Bingo
It came out "fatty." I didn't know he was a hobbit.

Skip

Post by Skip » Fri Mar 31, 2006 1:00 pm

John-Boy wrote:
Skip wrote:

~Bingo
Fatty Bolger, though his given name was Fredegar. Friend of Frodo's; if you'd paid attention in your reading you would've known that - he was in on Frodo's fake move to Crickhollow. :wink:
2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 Winner of the CPS Award: "Most Likely to be Found Without Pants at Any Given Moment"

2017 Curmudgeon of the Year

"No man is peer to Skip, peasant." -A_Morley

John-Boy

Post by John-Boy » Fri Mar 31, 2006 1:08 pm

Skip wrote:
John-Boy wrote:
Skip wrote:

~Bingo
Fatty Bolger, though his given name was Fredegar. Friend of Frodo's; if you'd paid attention in your reading you would've known that - he was in on Frodo's fake move to Crickhollow. :wink:
Oh yeah!! I remember that guy. Okay, I lied. It didn't come out fatty. That just seemed to go with what you described. I'm in rebellion again... I don't want to know what the name generator thingy says. Maybe I'll make a dukes of hazzard name generator...

kendrck
ńėědlē-pöíñtëŕ
ńėědlē-pöíñtëŕ

Post by kendrck » Sat Apr 01, 2006 1:21 pm

John-Boy wrote:
Skip wrote:

~Bingo
are you sure you really read the book?

PipeAndPint
CPS Theological Dogmatician

Post by PipeAndPint » Sat Apr 01, 2006 2:38 pm

kendrck wrote:
John-Boy wrote:
Skip wrote:

~Bingo
J.R.R. Tolkien himself claimed to be a hobbit "in all but stature".
"Cigarettes are like indulgences. They promise a lot, but in the end are just paper for burning."

kendrck
ńėědlē-pöíñtëŕ
ńėědlē-pöíñtëŕ

Post by kendrck » Sat Apr 01, 2006 2:43 pm

PipeAndPint wrote:
kendrck wrote:
John-Boy wrote:
Skip wrote:

~Bingo
I'm not sure I needed to know about Tolkien's hairy toes...

hey, that'd make a great band name ... "Tolkien's Hairy Toes"

PipeAndPint

Post by PipeAndPint » Sat Apr 01, 2006 3:07 pm

kendrck wrote:
PipeAndPint wrote:
kendrck wrote:
John-Boy wrote:
Skip wrote:

~Bingo
I'm not sure I needed to know about Tolkien's hairy toes...

hey, that'd make a great band name ... "Tolkien's Hairy Toes"
Yeah! You could even do stickers like the old NIN stickers.. they'd be totally reversible!
"Cigarettes are like indulgences. They promise a lot, but in the end are just paper for burning."

UncleBob

Re: Persecution and Whining

Post by UncleBob » Thu Jun 07, 2018 7:38 am

I wonder how John-Boy feels about the new LOTR TV show? More Duke's of Hazard, less walking?

Stay tuned, true-believers.
"One man's theology is another man's belly laugh." - Robert A. Heinlein

"Many of the points here, taken to their logical conclusions, don't hold up to logic; they're simply Godded-up ways of saying "I don't like that." - Skip

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please." -Mark Twain