Theology Forum Point Tally

The part of the church where the silliest things happen. Conversations that sound like they belong in the youth room will be moved here.

What's the best way to keep score in the TF?

List individual salvos that hit (ala Battleship)
5
12%
Record by individual poster (Del 6, CPS 0)
1
2%
Record by Denomination
2
5%
Record by Macro Faith Tradition (RCC, Prot, Orth)
4
10%
Display "Kills" by Taco (5 means yer an ace)
18
43%
<zederated>
10
24%
Sarcasm is NOT appreciated!
2
5%
 
Total votes: 42

User avatar
FredS
Really, really likes watching kids fish.
Really, really likes watching kids fish.
Posts: 20511
Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: NOCO (Northern Colorado)

Re: Theology Forum Point Tally

Post by FredS » Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:09 pm

Skip wrote:
jruegg wrote:When's the last time someone got a hairy taco?
That's a rather personal question, don't you think?
Jrug is a Methodist preacher. . .I'm pretty sure - even if he understands it - he won't admit to understanding the joke.
"If we ever get to heaven boys, it aint because we aint done nothin' wrong" - Kris Kristofferson

"One of the things I love about CPS is the frank and enthusiastic dysfunction here. God help me, I do love it so." – OldWorldSwine

"I'd like to put a hook in that puppet and swing it through a bunch of salmon!" - durangopipe

User avatar
UncleBob
CPS Theological Dogmatician
CPS Theological Dogmatician
Posts: 33749
Joined: Tue Aug 03, 2004 6:00 pm
Location: Lubbock, TX USA
Contact:

Re: Theology Forum Point Tally

Post by UncleBob » Sun Dec 14, 2014 3:39 pm

AFRS wrote:
Martin Luther wrote:<zederated>
+1
That's a kill.

Image

Congratulations to AFRS! That was an impressive display of insensitivity and trolling.
"One man's theology is another man's belly laugh." - Robert A. Heinlein

"Many of the points here, taken to their logical conclusions, don't hold up to logic; they're simply Godded-up ways of saying "I don't like that." - Skip

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please." -Mark Twain

User avatar
mont974x4
It's gotten old now
It's gotten old now
Posts: 7988
Joined: Sun Dec 15, 2013 6:00 pm
Location: Montana

Re: Theology Forum Point Tally

Post by mont974x4 » Sun Dec 14, 2014 3:45 pm

UncleBob wrote:
AFRS wrote:
Martin Luther wrote:<zederated>
+1
That's a kill.

Image

Congratulations to AFRS! That was an impressive display of insensitivity and trolling.

I disagree.
It sounded better when the voices in my head were saying it.

Ire attracter-at-large and general misanthrope.

User avatar
UncleBob
CPS Theological Dogmatician
CPS Theological Dogmatician
Posts: 33749
Joined: Tue Aug 03, 2004 6:00 pm
Location: Lubbock, TX USA
Contact:

Re: Theology Forum Point Tally

Post by UncleBob » Sun Dec 14, 2014 3:46 pm

*FLASH*

The old Prots vs. Caths BS is heating up! Kerdy has expanded his campaign into the Fellowship Forum and AFRS has responded in kind. He was awarded a "Golden Taco of Theology Forum Mockery" for his efforts. We are now at DEFCON 4.

In other news:

Chance of Rapture for 14 December 2014: 9%
Chance of Del "going" Democrat: 8%
Chance that I-D will admit to "clicking that link": 1%

We are at DEFCON 4

That is all.
"One man's theology is another man's belly laugh." - Robert A. Heinlein

"Many of the points here, taken to their logical conclusions, don't hold up to logic; they're simply Godded-up ways of saying "I don't like that." - Skip

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please." -Mark Twain

User avatar
Thunktank
Terminal Lance. Perpetual Sea Lawyer. Unicorn Aficionado
Terminal Lance.  Perpetual Sea Lawyer. Unicorn Aficionado
Posts: 21388
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Texas Bound

Re: Theology Forum Point Tally

Post by Thunktank » Sun Dec 14, 2014 4:01 pm

Hey UB, I have a question.

Have I been disqualified yet?

These things are important know. I keep scoring lately, but it doesn't seem to hit anyone's scoreboard. It's like everyone thinks I'm disqualified but me. Which is stupid and unsportsmanlike! :chili:
Image

User avatar
UncleBob
CPS Theological Dogmatician
CPS Theological Dogmatician
Posts: 33749
Joined: Tue Aug 03, 2004 6:00 pm
Location: Lubbock, TX USA
Contact:

Re: Theology Forum Point Tally

Post by UncleBob » Sun Dec 14, 2014 4:04 pm

Thunktank wrote:Hey UB, I have a question.

Have I been disqualified yet?

These things are important know. I keep scoring lately, but it doesn't seem to hit anyone's scoreboard. It's like everyone thinks I'm disqualified but me. Which is stupid and unsportsmanlike! :chili:
Oh no. Everyone is eligible for a "Golden Taco of Theology Forum Mockery" award. I have stopped doing the thread tally....say...maybe you should do that! It does mean reading all the theology posts, though. PM me if you want the skinny.
"One man's theology is another man's belly laugh." - Robert A. Heinlein

"Many of the points here, taken to their logical conclusions, don't hold up to logic; they're simply Godded-up ways of saying "I don't like that." - Skip

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please." -Mark Twain

User avatar
Thunktank
Terminal Lance. Perpetual Sea Lawyer. Unicorn Aficionado
Terminal Lance.  Perpetual Sea Lawyer. Unicorn Aficionado
Posts: 21388
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Texas Bound

Re: Theology Forum Point Tally

Post by Thunktank » Sun Dec 14, 2014 4:11 pm

UncleBob wrote:
Thunktank wrote:Hey UB, I have a question.

Have I been disqualified yet?

These things are important know. I keep scoring lately, but it doesn't seem to hit anyone's scoreboard. It's like everyone thinks I'm disqualified but me. Which is stupid and unsportsmanlike! :chili:
Oh no. Everyone is eligible for a "Golden Taco of Theology Forum Mockery" award. I have stopped doing the thread tally....say...maybe you should do that! It does mean reading all the theology posts, though. PM me if you want the skinny.
Oh heavens no. That would be almost as bad as being a moderator. :egor:
Image

User avatar
gaining_age
What's-his-name - President: Devo Fan Club Intl
What's-his-name - President: Devo Fan Club Intl
Posts: 15414
Joined: Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:00 pm
Location: sun soaked Arizona

Re: Theology Forum Point Tally

Post by gaining_age » Sun Dec 14, 2014 4:15 pm

Thunktank wrote:
UncleBob wrote:
Thunktank wrote:Hey UB, I have a question.

Have I been disqualified yet?

These things are important know. I keep scoring lately, but it doesn't seem to hit anyone's scoreboard. It's like everyone thinks I'm disqualified but me. Which is stupid and unsportsmanlike! :chili:
Oh no. Everyone is eligible for a "Golden Taco of Theology Forum Mockery" award. I have stopped doing the thread tally....say...maybe you should do that! It does mean reading all the theology posts, though. PM me if you want the skinny.
Oh heavens no. That would be almost as bad as being a moderator. :egor:

chicken

Image
Out of control odd rare old man (or possibly an hobbyist). -- Label by The Big R.
The 6s of 1st John:
2:6 Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus walked
3:6 No one who lives in him keeps on sinning

User avatar
AFRS
Darth Floof-Floof
Darth Floof-Floof
Posts: 9842
Joined: Mon Apr 21, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: University of Mars

Re: Theology Forum Point Tally

Post by AFRS » Wed Sep 02, 2015 3:58 pm

Huh. It's almost been a year - I didn't realize I received the honor of an award. I feel good now.

User avatar
UncleBob
CPS Theological Dogmatician
CPS Theological Dogmatician
Posts: 33749
Joined: Tue Aug 03, 2004 6:00 pm
Location: Lubbock, TX USA
Contact:

Re: Theology Forum Point Tally

Post by UncleBob » Wed Sep 02, 2015 4:03 pm

AFRS wrote:Huh. It's almost been a year - I didn't realize I received the honor of an award. I feel good now.
YAY! AFRS sighting!
"One man's theology is another man's belly laugh." - Robert A. Heinlein

"Many of the points here, taken to their logical conclusions, don't hold up to logic; they're simply Godded-up ways of saying "I don't like that." - Skip

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please." -Mark Twain

User avatar
Del
Hacked by Kellyanne Conway
Hacked by Kellyanne Conway
Posts: 36727
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Madison, WI
Contact:

Re: Theology Forum Point Tally

Post by Del » Wed Sep 02, 2015 4:03 pm

AFRS wrote:Huh. It's almost been a year - I didn't realize I received the honor of an award. I feel good now.
Welcome back!
"Utter frogshit from start to finish." - Onyx

"I shall not wear a crown of gold where my Master wore a crown of thorns." - Godfrey de Bouillon

User avatar
Cliff
Brother of the Briar
Brother of the Briar
Posts: 4183
Joined: Sun Aug 10, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: A Galaxy Far, Far Away
Contact:

Re: Theology Forum Point Tally

Post by Cliff » Wed Sep 02, 2015 4:06 pm

Welcome back AFRS :joy: :joy:
MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOUR PIPE
What is a rebel?-A man who says No- Albert Camus

"I have set my course for uncharted seas." Paradisio, Canto II, v 9, Dante

User avatar
UncleBob
CPS Theological Dogmatician
CPS Theological Dogmatician
Posts: 33749
Joined: Tue Aug 03, 2004 6:00 pm
Location: Lubbock, TX USA
Contact:

Re: Theology Forum Point Tally

Post by UncleBob » Tue Sep 29, 2015 8:58 pm

Hmm..

Chance of rapture: 3%
Chance of ID breaking 30k: Fabulous.
"One man's theology is another man's belly laugh." - Robert A. Heinlein

"Many of the points here, taken to their logical conclusions, don't hold up to logic; they're simply Godded-up ways of saying "I don't like that." - Skip

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please." -Mark Twain

User avatar
Irish-Dane
I'm a pro at tobacco canning
I'm a pro at tobacco canning
Posts: 33109
Joined: Wed Jan 17, 2007 6:00 pm
Location: The beautiful mountains of Western North Carolina
Contact:

Re: Theology Forum Point Tally

Post by Irish-Dane » Tue Sep 29, 2015 9:18 pm

UncleBob wrote:Hmm..

Chance of rapture: 3%
Chance of ID breaking 30k: Fabulous.
Darn Skippy.
It's not available because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body. --Colton

User avatar
hugodrax
All Around Nice Guy
All Around Nice Guy
Posts: 16268
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:00 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Contact:

Re: Theology Forum Point Tally

Post by hugodrax » Tue Sep 29, 2015 9:28 pm

I miss Skip.

User avatar
Jocose
a large Chinese man named Wu
a large Chinese man named Wu
Posts: 20396
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Moonbase Alpha
Contact:

Re: Theology Forum Point Tally

Post by Jocose » Tue Sep 29, 2015 9:35 pm

Who won?
"And for Freds sake, DO NOT point anyone towards CPS or you'll put them off of both Christianity and pipe smoking forever." ~ FredS



Image

User avatar
AFRS
Darth Floof-Floof
Darth Floof-Floof
Posts: 9842
Joined: Mon Apr 21, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: University of Mars

Re: Theology Forum Point Tally

Post by AFRS » Wed Sep 30, 2015 1:30 pm

Jocose wrote:Who won?
I did. See above. I got an award and everything.

User avatar
FredS
Really, really likes watching kids fish.
Really, really likes watching kids fish.
Posts: 20511
Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: NOCO (Northern Colorado)

Re: Theology Forum Point Tally

Post by FredS » Wed Sep 30, 2015 1:49 pm

[whisper] psst. . .don't tell AFRS, but all the kids get an award [/whisper]
"If we ever get to heaven boys, it aint because we aint done nothin' wrong" - Kris Kristofferson

"One of the things I love about CPS is the frank and enthusiastic dysfunction here. God help me, I do love it so." – OldWorldSwine

"I'd like to put a hook in that puppet and swing it through a bunch of salmon!" - durangopipe

User avatar
John-Boy
I'm a lover and I'm a sinner
I'm a lover and I'm a sinner
Posts: 32277
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2003 6:00 pm
Contact:

Re: Theology Forum Point Tally

Post by John-Boy » Wed Sep 30, 2015 7:04 pm

FredS wrote:[whisper] psst. . .don't tell AFRS, but all the kids get an award [/whisper]
Participation ribbons... Nice.

Sent from my Z812 using Tapatalk
Praying - coco
Sometimes memes can be helpful as well as humorous - Jocose
Yer mom is kindhearted and well respected in her community - JMG

User avatar
UncleBob
CPS Theological Dogmatician
CPS Theological Dogmatician
Posts: 33749
Joined: Tue Aug 03, 2004 6:00 pm
Location: Lubbock, TX USA
Contact:

Re: Theology Forum Point Tally

Post by UncleBob » Mon Oct 02, 2017 4:51 pm

<turns on the lights>

Ahhhh.....
"One man's theology is another man's belly laugh." - Robert A. Heinlein

"Many of the points here, taken to their logical conclusions, don't hold up to logic; they're simply Godded-up ways of saying "I don't like that." - Skip

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please." -Mark Twain

Post Reply