Ice Creams I have Known

The part of the church where the silliest things happen. Conversations that sound like they belong in the youth room will be moved here.

What's Your Favorite?

Tutti Frutti (its a hippie thing)
5%
A_Morely in Hagen Daz Breeches
16%
Vanilla (its a Puritan thing)
24%
Gotta go the Rocky Road
5%
My wife only lets me eat Blue Bunny cookie dough
3%
Two words: ICE CREAM TACOS!
30%
Gelato (its a kilt thing)
16%

Total votes: 37

JimVH
Lil Husk
Lil Husk
Location: I wasn't born in Texas, but I got here as soon as I could.

Re: Ice Creams I have Known

Post by JimVH » Thu Jun 03, 2021 4:30 pm

sweetandsour wrote:
Thu Jun 03, 2021 3:43 pm
JimVH wrote:
Sun May 30, 2021 9:07 pm
Texas Sheet Cake
By Blue Bell

Ice cream is rare for me, so it may be the abstinence talking, but this is one of the best IC flavors I’ve ever put in my mouth.

I give it 4.87/5 oh mys.
Ok I've seen chocolate sheet cake, and brides' cake, but not Texas sheet cake yet. Probly a good thing I haven't.
Okay, I was wrong. There, I said it. It was just me trying to make everything about Texas again. It is Chocolate Sheet Cake. The article I learned about it from called it Texas Sheet Cake and I guess I never actually read the label.

Still, it should be called Texas Sheet Cake. Because, Texas.

This is the stuff:

"The days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, I have really good days." Ray Wylie Hubbard

"Your boos mean nothing. I see what you cheer." Kevin Sorbo

Goose55
Minister to Monster Truckers
Minister to Monster Truckers

Post by Goose55 » Thu Jun 03, 2021 5:35 pm

Schwan's Peanut Butter Cup Chocolate Ice Cream

Blue Bunny also makes their Peanut Butter Party Ice Cream, which is excellent. Same as above except the ice cream is peanut butter flavored.

"At present we're on the wrong side of the door. But all the pages of the New Testament are rustling with the rumor that it will not always be so." ~ C.S. Lewis

sweetandsour
Notable Minister of Live Bait

Post by sweetandsour » Thu Jun 03, 2021 8:55 pm

JimVH wrote:
Thu Jun 03, 2021 4:30 pm
sweetandsour wrote:
JimVH wrote:
Texas Sheet Cake
By Blue Bell

Ice cream is rare for me, so it may be the abstinence talking, but this is one of the best IC flavors I’ve ever put in my mouth.

I give it 4.87/5 oh mys.
Ok I've seen chocolate sheet cake, and brides' cake, but not Texas sheet cake yet. Probly a good thing I haven't.
Okay, I was wrong. There, I said it. It was just me trying to make everything about Texas again. It is Chocolate Sheet Cake. The article I learned about it from called it Texas Sheet Cake and I guess I never actually read the label.

This is the stuff:

Ah man, you should've just left me on the eternal quest to find the Texas sheet cake Blue Bell Grail.
Btw, the Brides' Cake flavor looked pretty interesting.
The object of a New Year is not that we should have a new year, but rather that we should have a new soul.

G. K. Chesterton

BeefyG
Elder
Elder

Post by BeefyG » Fri Jun 04, 2021 11:28 am

sweetandsour wrote:
JimVH wrote:
sweetandsour wrote:
JimVH wrote:
Texas Sheet Cake
By Blue Bell

I give it 4.87/5 oh mys.

This is the stuff:

Ah man, you should've just left me on the eternal quest to find the Texas sheet cake Blue Bell Grail.
He’s just trying to save it all for himself. The Texas sheet cake version is waaaay better but it’s hard to find. Just gotta keep looking...

Bloodhound
Loves Nickel Bands
Loves Nickel Bands

Post by Bloodhound » Fri Jun 04, 2021 11:30 am

I Love Ice Cream...but I don't eat much...but when I see Cinnamon Ice Cream I buy it...nuff said :wavey:
Scott ( aka - Thor )
Do Justice...Love Mercy...Walk Humbly With Your GOD

AnungUnRama
Vinyl Deejay
Vinyl Deejay

Post by AnungUnRama » Fri Jun 04, 2021 12:10 pm

Houlton Farms from northern Maine. It was absolutely spectacular.

I can no longer tolerate pasteurized dairy so ice cream is pretty well a hard pass anymore. In more ways than you can know and I care to discuss.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Remember, if women don't find you handsome they should at least find you handy.
- Red Green

sweetandsour

Post by sweetandsour » Wed Jun 09, 2021 8:26 am

BeefyG wrote:
Fri Jun 04, 2021 11:28 am
sweetandsour wrote:
JimVH wrote:
sweetandsour wrote:
JimVH wrote:
Texas Sheet Cake
By Blue Bell

I give it 4.87/5 oh mys.

This is the stuff:

He’s just trying to save it all for himself. The Texas sheet cake version is waaaay better but it’s hard to find. Just gotta keep looking...
I'm still looking. It's a sweet adventure. Yesterday after a nacho salad dinner (at Macho's in Winnie) we stopped at the store and bought 3 pints of ice cream for desert, and for sampling. We each had a plastic spoon, and passed the samples around. Chocolate Sheet Cake, Bride's Cake, and Southern Blackberry Cobbler. The only ones missing were Banana Pudding, and the Texas Sheet Cake. I'll keep looking. And btw, a little of the Bride's Cake goes a long way. It surely could be served at weddings.
The object of a New Year is not that we should have a new year, but rather that we should have a new soul.

G. K. Chesterton