The Dead Thread

The part of the church where the silliest things happen. Conversations that sound like they belong in the youth room will be moved here.
Sid.Stavros
Brother of the Briar
Brother of the Briar

Re: The Dead Thread

Post by Sid.Stavros » Sat Oct 10, 2015 2:28 pm

Vietnam.

FredS
Really, really likes watching kids fish.

Post by FredS » Mon Oct 12, 2015 7:37 am

coco wrote:Image

A box of Dead arrived on the doorstep yesterday, courtesy of an extremely generous Moonbase Alphian. It is far better than I deserve on my best day. Many thanks!
:pho:
I hit the like button like 50 times for this.
"If we ever get to heaven boys, it aint because we aint done nothin' wrong" - Kris Kristofferson

"One of the things I love about CPS is the frank and enthusiastic dysfunction here. God help me, I do love it so." – OldWorldSwine

"I'd like to put a hook in that puppet and swing it through a bunch of salmon!" - durangopipe

coco
Uniquely Duggish
Uniquely Duggish

Post by coco » Mon Oct 12, 2015 7:49 am

FredS wrote:
coco wrote:Image

A box of Dead arrived on the doorstep yesterday, courtesy of an extremely generous Moonbase Alphian. It is far better than I deserve on my best day. Many thanks!
:pho:
I hit the like button like 50 times for this.
The box is sitting on the kitchen table. If there were a like button there, I would hit it 50 times every time I walked past the table.
"Like a gold ring in a pig's snout is a cob with a forever lucite stem." (Pipverbs 1:1)
"No more signatures that quote other CPS members." - Thunk

Cleon
Brother of the Briar
Brother of the Briar

Post by Cleon » Mon Oct 12, 2015 9:28 am

Wow. What a generous gift.
"Let the little children come to Me, and do not forbid them; for of such is the kingdom of heaven" - Jesus

"More people need to put their big boy britches on." - JMG

"Dang, a pipe slap." - JimVH

JimVH
Ramone, the hair dresser with smokin' diapers
Ramone, the hair dresser with smokin' diapers
Location: I wasn't born in Texas, but I got here as soon as I could.

Post by JimVH » Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:03 am

Cleon wrote:Wow. What a generous gift.
Yep, that's pretty gracious, even by CPS standards. Good folk on both ends of it.

FredS

Post by FredS » Fri Oct 30, 2015 5:08 pm

I've listened to this three times in a row. I hope that doesn't mean I'm turning hippie.

[BBvideo 560,340]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHo1fNnXFVU[/BBvideo]
"If we ever get to heaven boys, it aint because we aint done nothin' wrong" - Kris Kristofferson

"One of the things I love about CPS is the frank and enthusiastic dysfunction here. God help me, I do love it so." – OldWorldSwine

"I'd like to put a hook in that puppet and swing it through a bunch of salmon!" - durangopipe

Sid.Stavros
Brother of the Briar
Brother of the Briar

Post by Sid.Stavros » Sat Oct 31, 2015 6:00 am

[BBvideo 560,340]https://youtu.be/8kNwvIEQsg0[/BBvideo]

Chris de Burgh - Don't Pay The Ferryman

coco
Uniquely Duggish
Uniquely Duggish

Post by coco » Wed Jun 08, 2016 4:24 am

I'm heading to Charlotte, NC tomorrow morning to see Dead & Company on Friday.
"Like a gold ring in a pig's snout is a cob with a forever lucite stem." (Pipverbs 1:1)

coco
Uniquely Duggish
Uniquely Duggish

Post by coco » Wed Jun 08, 2016 7:32 pm

coco
Uniquely Duggish
Uniquely Duggish

Post by coco » Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:55 am

Goose55
Brother of the Briar
Brother of the Briar

Post by Goose55 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:33 am

There is a lot written about the GD's Jerry Garcia on Wikipedia
"At present we're on the wrong side of the door. But all the pages of the New Testament are rustling with the rumor that it will not always be so." ~ C.S. Lewis

Jester

Post by Jester » Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:53 am

Pumpkin Ale is more American than apple pie! -Tuttle

"O Christmas Tree is going to be a dirge in his home this year I fear."

We almost solved the Mary issue. -FredS

Preacher1611
Congregation
Congregation

Post by Preacher1611 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:13 am

Glad I found this thread! Love the Dead, ever since I first listened to them. I never had heard them before and as some of my friends were kinda hippies I was curious as to what this Grateful Dead band was about. I've always been a metal head and my girlfriend at the time and myself would just pick an album out by how cool we thought the cover was... that didn't always work out well. Anyway, I picked "Infrared Roses" as the scariest and coolest album cover. There was a music store back in the day called Strawberries, they had this thing called an I-station, if you had an I-card you could listen to any album in the store electronically. I loved this album and it was my first Dead record. I guess you could say the bus came by and I got on!
"Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man." - Eccl. 12:13

FredS

Post by FredS » Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:12 am

coco wrote:
Wed Jun 08, 2016 4:24 am
I'm heading to Charlotte, NC tomorrow morning to see Dead & Company on Friday.
Dead & Co played Boulder CO last weekend. Four drug arrests. In Boulder. You need to be doing something pretty bad to get arrested for drugs at a Dead concert in Boulder.

Jester

Post by Jester » Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:00 am

Here is a picture of me at Spring Jam 6 back in 2008.

durangopipe
Under-secretary to the Minister of Pipe Breaking
Under-secretary to the Minister of Pipe Breaking

Post by durangopipe » Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:50 am

True story:

My brother used to be taken for Jerry Garcia all the time - in airports, restaraunts, etc. - and people would adoringly implore him for an autograph. They were so disappointed when he told them he wasn’t Jerry he gave up telling them the truth and started signing whatever they handed him to sign as Jerry Garcia. Many happy autograph seekers have my brother’s Jerry Garcia autograph in their possession.

Jerry:

My brother:

. . . be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God in Christ forgave you. Ephesians 4:32 (NKJV)

The most improper job of any man, even saints, is bossing other men. Not one in a million is fit for it, and least of all those who seek the opportunity.. J.R.R. Tolkien

2017 Morley - Outstanding BRATASS of the Year

hugodrax
All Around Nice Guy
All Around Nice Guy

Post by hugodrax » Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:01 am

Jester wrote:
Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:00 am
It's at times like these we miss Morley the most. I mean, look at that photo. Just look at it. It's a complete and total incitement to physical violence. "Golly gee whillikers, guys, ain't I a card?--see, here I am in a special photo showing tracers and stuff because I'm all ironically down with the guys into mind-altering substances. Not literally, of course, but I mean my kids go trick or treating and I had a pumpkin beer because I'm a rebel, so we're spiritual brothers. Ouch. Stop throwing rocks, guys. I'm one of you! Can't you see none of us would be here without the freedom provided by the Reformation? Who here has a minute to talk about Jesus, the original Dead Head? Ouch, stop it, I'm serious!"

It's simply ghastly. Bourgeois entitlement encapsulated. Baptist bumptiousness embodied. It's like a JC Penny ad--so damnably inoffensive its painful to look at.
Etiam mihi opinio anserem perirent.

Jester

Post by Jester » Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:05 am

hugodrax wrote:
Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:01 am
Jester wrote:
It's at times like these we miss Morley the most. I mean, look at that photo. Just look at it. It's a complete and total incitement to physical violence. "Golly gee whillikers, guys, ain't I a card?--see, here I am in a special photo showing tracers and stuff because I'm all ironically down with the guys into mind-altering substances. Not literally, of course, but I mean my kids go trick or treating and I had a pumpkin beer because I'm a rebel, so we're spiritual brothers. Ouch. Stop throwing rocks, guys. I'm one of you! Can't you see none of us would be here without the freedom provided by the Reformation? Who here has a minute to talk about Jesus, the original Dead Head? Ouch, stop it, I'm serious!"

It's simply ghastly. Bourgeois entitlement encapsulated. Baptist bumptiousness embodied. It's like a JC Penny ad--so damnably inoffensive its painful to look at.
I didn't miss you.

hugodrax
All Around Nice Guy
All Around Nice Guy

Post by hugodrax » Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:12 am

Jester wrote:
Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:05 am
hugodrax wrote:
Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:01 am
Jester wrote:

I didn't miss you.
Lol! We'd have also accepted "efffff you, Paulie."
Etiam mihi opinio anserem perirent.

Adam Z
Congregation
Congregation

Post by Adam Z » Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:15 am

Listening to the +18 minute Watkins Glen soundcheck jam (7/27/1973) off of So Many Roads. I love this piece. :dance:

...Then moved on to some Dead and Company