Netflix Gold

The part of the church where the silliest things happen. Conversations that sound like they belong in the youth room will be moved here.
TNLawPiper
BrotherOfTheBriar YouHeartlessBastards
BrotherOfTheBriar YouHeartlessBastards

Re: Netflix Gold

Post by TNLawPiper » Sun Jun 03, 2018 2:13 pm

I'm watching the original House of Cards Trilogy. It's quite different from the American House of Cards in style, but being an Anglophile, I dig it hard.

Jester

Post by Jester » Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:17 pm

Pumpkin Ale is more American than apple pie! -Tuttle

We almost solved the Mary issue. -FredS

JimVH
Ramone, the hair dresser with smokin' diapers
Location: I wasn't born in Texas, but I got here as soon as I could.

Post by JimVH » Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:21 pm

We just finished Father Brown. Darned fine show.

JimVH

Post by JimVH » Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:38 pm

Hostiles (2017)

One of the better movies I've seen in a quite a while. Go watch it.

Jester

Post by Jester » Tue Aug 21, 2018 1:36 pm

Jester wrote:
Fri Mar 09, 2018 2:47 pm
FredS wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:36 am
Jester wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:12 am
I am ok with starting this rumor because i am 99.9% sure it is legit.

Norm MacDonald Live is coming to Netflix!!!

He posted something about it on Reddit and David Spade leaked a video of Norms Netflix merch.The biggest indicator is that he removed all of his videos from his YouTube channel.
Norm MacDonald is the funniest human alive (since Joan Rivers died) and his stories about the cat, and the moth are simply brilliant. I can't wait for this show to get on a 'major network'.
100% confirmed. Norm MacDonald Has A Show
The ever-unpredictable and often hilarious MacDonald can now say he has his own show on Netflix. The streaming service announced MacDonald will star in Norm MacDonald Has a Show, which like his YouTube series, will feature the comedian interviewing one celebrity per episode. MacDonald's YouTube sidekick Adam Eget follows him to Netflix. In addition to interviews, the show will offer jokes and a look behind-the-scenes of MacDonald's life. MacDonald's fellow Netflix star David Letterman will serve on the show as “location scout.” The streamer has ordered ten episodes.
Cough, bump. September 14th.
http://www.vulture.com/2018/08/norm-mac ... ineup.html
Pumpkin Ale is more American than apple pie! -Tuttle

We almost solved the Mary issue. -FredS

FredS
Really, really likes watching kids fish.

Post by FredS » Tue Aug 21, 2018 2:38 pm

Jester wrote:
Tue Aug 21, 2018 1:36 pm
Jester wrote:
FredS wrote:
Jester wrote:

He posted something about it on Reddit and David Spade leaked a video of Norms Netflix merch.The biggest indicator is that he removed all of his videos from his YouTube channel.
Norm MacDonald is the funniest human alive (since Joan Rivers died) and his stories about the cat, and the moth are simply brilliant. I can't wait for this show to get on a 'major network'.
The ever-unpredictable and often hilarious MacDonald can now say he has his own show on Netflix. The streaming service announced MacDonald will star in Norm MacDonald Has a Show, which like his YouTube series, will feature the comedian interviewing one celebrity per episode. MacDonald's YouTube sidekick Adam Eget follows him to Netflix. In addition to interviews, the show will offer jokes and a look behind-the-scenes of MacDonald's life. MacDonald's fellow Netflix star David Letterman will serve on the show as “location scout.” The streamer has ordered ten episodes.
As if this wasn't the coolest TV news ever, I see that Billy Joe Shaver is a scheduled guest. Billy freakin' Joe Shaver!

That said, I've never 'got' MacDonald's straight man sidekick but I suppose they're a package so I'll take it.
"If we ever get to heaven boys, it aint because we aint done nothin' wrong" - Kris Kristofferson

"One of the things I love about CPS is the frank and enthusiastic dysfunction here. God help me, I do love it so." – OldWorldSwine

"I'd like to put a hook in that puppet and swing it through a bunch of salmon!" - durangopipe

JimVH

Post by JimVH » Tue Aug 21, 2018 2:40 pm

FredS wrote:
Tue Aug 21, 2018 2:38 pm
Jester wrote:
Jester wrote:
FredS wrote:
Jester wrote:

As if this wasn't the coolest TV news ever, I see that Billy Joe Shaver is a scheduled guest. Billy freakin' Joe Shaver!

That said, I've never 'got' MacDonald's straight man sidekick but I suppose they're a package so I'll take it.
Off Topic
I'm wearing boots autographed by Billy Joe.

FredS

Post by FredS » Tue Aug 21, 2018 2:58 pm

Off Topic
I hate JimVH
"If we ever get to heaven boys, it aint because we aint done nothin' wrong" - Kris Kristofferson

"One of the things I love about CPS is the frank and enthusiastic dysfunction here. God help me, I do love it so." – OldWorldSwine

"I'd like to put a hook in that puppet and swing it through a bunch of salmon!" - durangopipe

GaryInVA
Cheesecake Wizard
Cheesecake Wizard

Post by GaryInVA » Tue Aug 21, 2018 3:26 pm

JimVH wrote:
Tue Aug 21, 2018 2:40 pm
FredS wrote:
Tue Aug 21, 2018 2:38 pm
Jester wrote:
Jester wrote:
FredS wrote:
Jester wrote:

Off Topic
I'm wearing boots autographed by Billy Joe.
Off Topic
Only problem is that the boots belong to Rita and Jim is stretching them out with his clown feet. True story.
hugodrax wrote:
Fri Apr 06, 2018 4:19 pm
This, gentlemen, is what it feels like when doves cry.

Official London Fatberg Finder

gaining_age
What's-his-name - President: Devo Fan Club Intl
What's-his-name - President: Devo Fan Club Intl

Post by gaining_age » Tue Aug 21, 2018 5:16 pm

Jester wrote:
FredS wrote:
Jester wrote:

I'm behind in this thread... I just needed to add:

E-I-E-I-O
Out of control odd rare old man (or possibly an hobbyist). -- Label by The Big R.
The 6s of 1st John:
2:6 Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus walked
3:6 No one who lives in him keeps on sinning

rgcurrey
Pastor
Pastor

Post by rgcurrey » Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:23 pm

JimVH wrote:
Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:38 pm
Hostiles (2017)

One of the better movies I've seen in a quite a while. Go watch it.

Just did and you were right, excellent movie. Thanks for the recommendation.
Well I got a job and tried to put my money away
But I got debts that no honest man can pay - B. Springsteen

And he said to the man,
"Behold, the fear of the Lord, that is wisdom,
and to turn away from evil is understanding." - Job 28:28

JimVH

Post by JimVH » Fri Aug 24, 2018 5:16 pm

Braven (Amazon Prime)

We were expecting your basic B action flick, but it was actually pretty entertaining. While not a smash hit it was engaging enough that I never checked my watch (but I did look at my facebook feed for a moment or two). There was plenty of good shooting, stabbing, and bow and arrow to the head action. As an added point of interest for this group, one of the bad guy's henchmen smoked a pipe in a couple of scenes.

John-Boy
I'm a lover and I'm a sinner
I'm a lover and I'm a sinner

Post by John-Boy » Fri Aug 24, 2018 5:41 pm

JimVH wrote:
Fri Aug 24, 2018 5:16 pm
Braven (Amazon Prime)

We were expecting your basic B action flick, but it was actually pretty entertaining. While not a smash hit it was engaging enough that I never checked my watch (but I did look at my facebook feed for a moment or two). There was plenty of good shooting, stabbing, and bow and arrow to the head action. As an added point of interest for this group, one of the bad guy's henchmen smoked a pipe in a couple of scenes.

I watched that last week some time... noticed the pipe guy too. i was pulling for that guy... oh well. Can't win 'em all.
Praying - coco
Sometimes memes can be helpful as well as humorous - Jocose
Yer mom is kindhearted and well respected in her community - JMG