What the Hell Is Going On?

The part of the church where the silliest things happen. Conversations that sound like they belong in the youth room will be moved here.
Unkinjoe
Congregation
Congregation

Re: What the Hell Is Going On?

Post by Unkinjoe » Wed Nov 14, 2018 4:27 pm

Jester wrote:
Wed Nov 14, 2018 3:01 pm
School Punishes Male Teacher For Refusing To Watch A Naked Girl In The Boys’ Locker Room
With a “gag order,” school administrators forbade teachers from talking about the change, and ordered a male P.E. teacher to supervise the potentially undressed girl in the Chasco Middle School locker room, the letter says. When he refused to “knowingly place himself in a position to observe a minor female in the nude or otherwise in a state of undress,” administrators told him “he will be transferred to another school as discipline for ‘not doing your job in the locker room.'”
well looks like Obummers mandate to push this ignorant thing called transgender on our children in public schools has taken hold in at least one school.

hugodrax
A Complete Kneebiter
A Complete Kneebiter

Post by hugodrax » Wed Nov 14, 2018 5:35 pm

Sir Moose wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2015 6:20 pm
For those of you who aren't menstruating but would like to, check this out.
For those of you that fit that bill, Paulie's Flying Death Squads are on the way. Free helicopter rides. We promise you'll enjoy the view!
Anser autem inimica mea, et ego audiam silentio beatus est.

durangopipe
Under-secretary to the Minister of Pipe Breaking
Under-secretary to the Minister of Pipe Breaking

Post by durangopipe » Wed Nov 14, 2018 5:46 pm

hugodrax wrote:
Wed Nov 14, 2018 5:35 pm
Sir Moose wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2015 6:20 pm
For those of you who aren't menstruating but would like to, check this out.
For those of you that fit that bill, Paulie's Flying Death Squads are on the way. Free helicopter rides. We promise you'll enjoy the view!
Shouldn’t it be called womenstruating?
. . . be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God in Christ forgave you. Ephesians 4:32 (NKJV)

The most improper job of any man, even saints, is bossing other men. Not one in a million is fit for it, and least of all those who seek the opportunity.. J.R.R. Tolkien

2017 Morley - Outstanding BRATASS of the Year

hugodrax
A Complete Kneebiter
A Complete Kneebiter

Post by hugodrax » Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:04 pm

Nature of a Man
Usher
Usher

Post by Nature of a Man » Sun Nov 18, 2018 1:52 am

UncleBob wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2017 3:41 pm
FredS wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2017 3:29 pm
Just this morning I was thinking about my gay daughter and considering whether it's simply easier for young people to not have to figure out the opposite sex. We all know how frustrating it can be trying to figure out the other side, and I wonder if - in the current climate of tolerance - many people are deciding it's not worth the effort. I know my life would be easier, though probably not as rich, if my wife was more like me.
Hmm... I have not thought about it that much. I have seen some articles about how sex is easy for people to get and, therefore, couplings and marriage are sure to go the way of the dodo. I think that alarmist bunk is basically horse apples meant to get momma/grandma/wosbald to start clutching their pearls because sex is not even a main reason people marry now^.
It's more or less rubbish, since were that the case, the human race, or at least the subculture of individuals choosing to pursue that course would voluntarily go extinct within a generation or so. I think there's a club for people of that persuasion though:

http://vhemt.org/

That's probably one of the less effective arguments against same-sex marriage, at least as far as society or population as a whole is concerned, since realistically, I don't believe there would ever be more than a small portion of outliers pursuing that course at any given time.
Last edited by Nature of a Man on Sun Nov 18, 2018 2:08 am, edited 2 times in total.

Nature of a Man
Usher
Usher

Post by Nature of a Man » Sun Nov 18, 2018 1:57 am

FredS wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2017 3:29 pm
Just this morning I was thinking about my gay daughter and considering whether it's simply easier for young people to not have to figure out the opposite sex. We all know how frustrating it can be trying to figure out the other side, and I wonder if - in the current climate of tolerance - many people are deciding it's not worth the effort. I know my life would be easier, though probably not as rich, if my wife was more like me.
I personally believe if a person can learn to dance, they can learn to "figure out" the opposite sex, as much as one needs to "figure out.

And I believe that it's often "easier" to do a lot of things which aren't worth doing, or to not do a lot of things which are worth doing..

Also, for the record, my understanding is that "bromance" doesn't mean "homosexuality", it's just a slang term for male bonding, or "homosociality". There might be a valid point to be made that close, platonic relationships or friendships between men is more stigmatized or associated with "being gay" than close friendships, "best friends", etc between women are, even though it's very a Biblical and Christian concept, such as in the case of David and Johnathan, or Christian monastic communities.

FredS
The Trappists say shut it, still talking

Post by FredS » Sat Nov 24, 2018 4:26 pm

Nature of a Man wrote:
Sun Nov 18, 2018 1:57 am
I personally believe if a person can learn to dance, they can learn to "figure out" the opposite sex, as much as one needs to "figure out.
Aren't you the guy who started a post a few days ago asking for books that might help you figure out girls?
"If we ever get to heaven boys, it aint because we aint done nothin' wrong" - Kris Kristofferson

"One of the things I love about CPS is the frank and enthusiastic dysfunction here. God help me, I do love it so." – OldWorldSwine

"I'd like to put a hook in that puppet and swing it through a bunch of salmon!" - durangopipe

Nature of a Man
Usher
Usher

Post by Nature of a Man » Sat Nov 24, 2018 4:29 pm

FredS wrote:
Sat Nov 24, 2018 4:26 pm
Nature of a Man wrote:
Aren't you the guy who started a post a few days ago asking for books that might help you figure out girls?
No, that wouldn't be me.

What is a girl, if not a woman, or a woman, if not a lady? (Honest question). Girls (and boys) are so easy to figure out, a caveman can do it - women (and men), a bit trickier, ladies (and gentlemen), probably impossible except for God himself...

(For what it's worth, a fellow who's probably a better dancer than me helped give me this notion. It's also somewhat fundamental in our ancestral past, but I won't go into that here, since that would get theological).

Anyway, the point is that obviously humanity has figured this out at least enough to avoid going extinct since ancient times - so it's hard to be super-sympathetic to "sheltered white millennial problems" related to sex and relationships.
Last edited by Nature of a Man on Sat Nov 24, 2018 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hugodrax
A Complete Kneebiter
A Complete Kneebiter

Post by hugodrax » Sat Nov 24, 2018 4:38 pm

Nature of a Man wrote:
Sat Nov 24, 2018 4:29 pm
FredS wrote:
Nature of a Man wrote:
No, that wouldn't be me.

What is a girl, if not a woman, or a woman, if not a lady? (Honest question).

For what it's worth, a fellow who's probably a better dancer than me helped give me this notion. (It's also somewhat fundamental in our ancestral past, but I won't go into that here, since that would get theological).
Nope. Too easy.

FredS

Post by FredS » Sat Nov 24, 2018 4:41 pm

hugodrax wrote:
Sat Nov 24, 2018 4:38 pm
Nature of a Man wrote:
FredS wrote:
Nature of a Man wrote:
No, that wouldn't be me.

For what it's worth, a fellow who's probably a better dancer than me helped give me this notion. (It's also somewhat fundamental in our ancestral past, but I won't go into that here, since that would get theological).
Nope. Too easy.
I admire your restraint.
"If we ever get to heaven boys, it aint because we aint done nothin' wrong" - Kris Kristofferson

"One of the things I love about CPS is the frank and enthusiastic dysfunction here. God help me, I do love it so." – OldWorldSwine

"I'd like to put a hook in that puppet and swing it through a bunch of salmon!" - durangopipe

Nature of a Man
Usher
Usher

Post by Nature of a Man » Sat Nov 24, 2018 4:44 pm

hugodrax wrote:
Sat Nov 24, 2018 4:38 pm
Nature of a Man wrote:
FredS wrote:
Nature of a Man wrote:
No, that wouldn't be me.

Nope. Too easy.
I'd venture that if girls and boys are easy enough for a caveman or cave woman to figure out (and they are, given that cavemen didn't go extinct), then they must be pretty easy - so hearing white millennial living in the 21st century claiming they can't figure it out merely enough to "get married" like people have been doing for centuries isn't seeing things clearly.

Women and men, or especially ladies and gentlemen, are a different breed of animal altogether, especially when infused with politics... I might be better off trying to learn how to solve a rubric's cube than figure them out...
Last edited by Nature of a Man on Sat Nov 24, 2018 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

UncleBob
CPS Theological Dogmatician

Post by UncleBob » Sat Nov 24, 2018 4:59 pm

Long sustained belly laugh!
"One man's theology is another man's belly laugh." - Robert A. Heinlein

"Many of the points here, taken to their logical conclusions, don't hold up to logic; they're simply Godded-up ways of saying "I don't like that." - Skip

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please." -Mark Twain

Nature of a Man
Usher
Usher

Post by Nature of a Man » Sat Nov 24, 2018 5:03 pm

UncleBob wrote:
Sat Nov 24, 2018 4:59 pm
Point is, there's a difference between figuring out a person some one is trying to date, and figuring out issues related to men and women in the context of heated modern politics, such as in regards to feminism, women's rights, and things of that nature - wouldn't you agree?

Wouldn't you also agree that if people have been dating and marrying since pre-literate ancient times, a privileged millennial should have it somewhat easy in that regard, at least as far as access to knowledge goes?

FredS

Post by FredS » Sat Nov 24, 2018 5:37 pm

For crying out loud. This is the youth room. Lighten up Francis. :chili:

UncleBob

Post by UncleBob » Sat Nov 24, 2018 5:38 pm

Nature of a Man wrote:
Sat Nov 24, 2018 5:03 pm
UncleBob wrote:
Point is, there's a difference between figuring out a person some one is trying to date, and figuring out issues related to men and women in the context of heated modern politics, such as in regards to feminism, women's rights, and things of that nature - wouldn't you agree?

Wouldn't you also agree that if people have been dating and marrying since pre-literate ancient times, a privileged millennial should have it somewhat easy in that regard, at least as far as access to knowledge goes?
The rules of dating are as complex and varied across time as the culture in which people live and lived.

"Many of the points here, taken to their logical conclusions, don't hold up to logic; they're simply Godded-up ways of saying "I don't like that." - Skip

FredS

Post by FredS » Sat Nov 24, 2018 5:44 pm

UncleBob wrote:
Sat Nov 24, 2018 5:38 pm
Nature of a Man wrote:
UncleBob wrote:

The rules of dating are as complex and varied across time as the culture in which people live and lived.
Please share your thoughts on the differences in knowledge, which a privileged millennial can get easily enough, and wisdom, which one gains at more expense.

Nature of a Man
Usher
Usher

Post by Nature of a Man » Sat Nov 24, 2018 5:55 pm

UncleBob wrote:
Nature of a Man wrote:
UncleBob wrote:

I agree with you on that, though I was talking about "understanding the opposite sex" about on a purely physical or instinctive level, which is comparatively simple enough that all peoples which managed not to go extinct from ancient to today figured it out as much as needed. (Which is why i can't sympathize easily with someone arguing that it's "easier" to just give up and drop out of the gene pool altogether).

Culture is where things become much more complex and obfuscated, and I'd agree that there are many more complicated and obfuscated cultural elements today than there arguably were in some generations past.

UncleBob

Post by UncleBob » Sat Nov 24, 2018 6:10 pm

Nature of a Man wrote:
Sat Nov 24, 2018 5:55 pm
UncleBob wrote:
Nature of a Man wrote:
UncleBob wrote:

I agree with you on that, though I was talking about "understanding the opposite sex" about on a purely physical or instinctive level, which is comparatively simple enough that all peoples which managed not to go extinct from ancient to today figured it out as much as needed. (Which is why i can't sympathize easily with someone arguing that it's "easier" to just give up and drop out of the gene pool altogether).

Culture is where things become much more complex and obfuscated, and I'd agree that there are many more complicated and obfuscated cultural elements today than there arguably were in some generations past.
LOL!

John-Boy
I'm a lover and I'm a sinner
I'm a lover and I'm a sinner

Post by John-Boy » Sat Nov 24, 2018 6:11 pm

Nature of a Man wrote:
UncleBob wrote:
Nature of a Man wrote:
UncleBob wrote:

Praying - coco
Sometimes memes can be helpful as well as humorous - Jocose
Yer mom is kindhearted and well respected in her community - JMG
And when I am sitting on my new saddle, I will know that my weight is resting upon the collective minds of CPS - GaryinVa

Nature of a Man
Usher
Usher

Post by Nature of a Man » Sat Nov 24, 2018 6:14 pm

John-Boy wrote:
Sat Nov 24, 2018 6:11 pm
Nature of a Man wrote:
UncleBob wrote:
Nature of a Man wrote:
UncleBob wrote:

Romance has to be forged and refined from the crude and real, much as diamonds are forged from ugly coal.

Coal without refinement is just... coal... refinement without coal is just... ether...