Dream Interpretation

The part of the church where the silliest things happen. Conversations that sound like they belong in the youth room will be moved here.
hugodrax
All Around Nice Guy
All Around Nice Guy

Re: Dream Interpretation

Post by hugodrax » Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:16 pm

UncleBob wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:54 pm
Most of the time, I just dream I am Bernie Mac in this scene:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WH54auk02KI
Simple. You want to be a black man.
Etiam mihi opinio anserem perirent.

sweetandsour
Minister of Pipe Breaking

Post by sweetandsour » Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:21 pm

hugodrax wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:16 pm
sweetandsour wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:39 pm
Restless night last night. Many dreams off and on, but in the last one there was a stage with a chair and microphone up front, and another chair 10-15 feet behind it to the rear of the stage. First David Allen Coe was at the mic, singing a song I've never heard before, and Willie Nelson was sitting in the back chair waiting with his guitar. Coe finished, got up and walked off, and then Willie came and sat down at the mic and sang a song I've never heard before, with Porter Wagoner sitting in the back chair waiting. Willie finished and walked off, and when Porter sat down at the mic, Merle Haggard sat down in the back chair. Porter was playing his song when I awoke. I've never heard any of the songs, but Porter sang the best, and played the nicest tune.

What could this mean?
You give Porter Wagoner the respect he deserves, unlike most modern country music fans.
I'll accept that. For now.
I'm old but I'm happy. (Most of the time.)

hugodrax
All Around Nice Guy
All Around Nice Guy

Post by hugodrax » Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:31 pm

sweetandsour wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:21 pm
hugodrax wrote:
sweetandsour wrote:
Restless night last night. Many dreams off and on, but in the last one there was a stage with a chair and microphone up front, and another chair 10-15 feet behind it to the rear of the stage. First David Allen Coe was at the mic, singing a song I've never heard before, and Willie Nelson was sitting in the back chair waiting with his guitar. Coe finished, got up and walked off, and then Willie came and sat down at the mic and sang a song I've never heard before, with Porter Wagoner sitting in the back chair waiting. Willie finished and walked off, and when Porter sat down at the mic, Merle Haggard sat down in the back chair. Porter was playing his song when I awoke. I've never heard any of the songs, but Porter sang the best, and played the nicest tune.

What could this mean?
You give Porter Wagoner the respect he deserves, unlike most modern country music fans.
As long as he was clothed. Completely different interpretation if he was naked.

sweetandsour

Post by sweetandsour » Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:23 pm

hugodrax wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:31 pm
sweetandsour wrote:
hugodrax wrote:
sweetandsour wrote:

What could this mean?
He was clothed. And not wearing a Dolly Parton wig or anything like that.

hugodrax
All Around Nice Guy
All Around Nice Guy

Post by hugodrax » Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:37 pm

sweetandsour wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:23 pm
hugodrax wrote:
sweetandsour wrote:
hugodrax wrote:
sweetandsour wrote:

What could this mean?
Good. I love Porter Wagoner for pure reasons. I dont like how he was rough on Dolly, but I prefer his music.

JimVH
Ramone, the hair dresser with smokin' diapers
Ramone, the hair dresser with smokin' diapers
Location: I wasn't born in Texas, but I got here as soon as I could.

Post by JimVH » Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:14 pm

hugodrax wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:37 pm
sweetandsour wrote:
hugodrax wrote:
sweetandsour wrote:
hugodrax wrote:
sweetandsour wrote:

What could this mean?
Good. I love Porter Wagoner for pure reasons. I dont like how he was rough on Dolly, but I prefer his music.
The best-dressed performer in country music history.

hugodrax
All Around Nice Guy
All Around Nice Guy

Post by hugodrax » Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:55 pm

JimVH wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:14 pm
hugodrax wrote:
sweetandsour wrote:
hugodrax wrote:
sweetandsour wrote:
hugodrax wrote:
sweetandsour wrote:

What could this mean?
Funny you say that. I took a picture in front of one of his Nudie suits. I’d only ever really seen him on the Rural Network which used to rebroadcast his shows. Early technology. That suit was robins egg blue. Something else.

sweetandsour

Post by sweetandsour » Fri Feb 23, 2018 6:28 am

hugodrax wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:55 pm
JimVH wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:14 pm
hugodrax wrote:
sweetandsour wrote:
hugodrax wrote:
sweetandsour wrote:
hugodrax wrote:
sweetandsour wrote:

What could this mean?
Funny you say that. I took a picture in front of one of his Nudie suits. I’d only ever really seen him on the Rural Network which used to rebroadcast his shows. Early technology. That suit was robins egg blue. Something else.
I don't remember him wearing a Nudie suit, either, but I can't be sure with the dream in b&w.

FredS
Really, really likes watching kids fish.
Really, really likes watching kids fish.

Post by FredS » Sat Feb 24, 2018 3:24 pm

It's Girl Scout cookie season again. They're peddling them at my door and in front of the big box stores in town. Last night I dreamed that Del snuck in to my pantry and ate my thin mints. When I opened the door and turned the light on he said "I never said I won't eat them, I just won't buy them."
"If we ever get to heaven boys, it aint because we aint done nothin' wrong" - Kris Kristofferson

"One of the things I love about CPS is the frank and enthusiastic dysfunction here. God help me, I do love it so." – OldWorldSwine

"I'd like to put a hook in that puppet and swing it through a bunch of salmon!" - durangopipe

coco
Uniquely Duggish
Uniquely Duggish

Post by coco » Sat Feb 24, 2018 6:42 pm

FredS wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2018 3:24 pm
It's Girl Scout cookie season again. They're peddling them at my door and in front of the big box stores in town. Last night I dreamed that Del snuck in to my pantry and ate my thin mints. When I opened the door and turned the light on he said "I never said I won't eat them, I just won't buy them."
It wasn't a dream. The jerk ate mine also.
"Like a gold ring in a pig's snout is a cob with a forever lucite stem." (Pipverbs 1:1)
"No more signatures that quote other CPS members." - Thunk

bean_counter
Assesor of Mental Health Coverage
Assesor of Mental Health Coverage

Post by bean_counter » Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:21 am

You guys need to go to the hardware store and get Del traps to put in your cupboards.

They make ‘humane’ ones, but I don’t think anybody ever buys them.
"It's the mark of civilized defecation" - hugodrax

"Perhaps Waste Should Be Left to the Professionals" - John-Boy

sweetandsour

Post by sweetandsour » Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:38 am

bean_counter wrote:
Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:21 am
You guys need to go to the hardware store and get Del traps to put in your cupboards.

Friends of mine in South Texas put out some of those sticky pads for mice in their storage room, and instead caught a rattlesnake.

hugodrax
All Around Nice Guy
All Around Nice Guy

Post by hugodrax » Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:59 am

bean_counter wrote:
Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:21 am

"Humane" is such an oxymoron. Del's have big families. Contraceptive efforts fail. You don't use kill traps, next thing you know, they're everywhere. Then they starve. Doesn't sound very humane.