Dream Interpretation

The part of the church where the silliest things happen. Conversations that sound like they belong in the youth room will be moved here.
hugodrax
All Around Nice Guy
All Around Nice Guy

Re: Dream Interpretation

Post by hugodrax » Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:06 am

You already ran him off, Del. Must you dance on his grave?
Etiam mihi opinio anserem perirent.

Goose55
Del's Love Child
Del's Love Child

Post by Goose55 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:15 am

Del wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:46 am
A_Morley wrote:
Sat Aug 13, 2016 11:18 am
Del wrote:
Goose55 wrote:I edited my post to Hugo once I saw that Hogleg had responded to Hugo's jesting in kind.

Oh well, lets let it rest.
This is the Youth Room, Goose. You get what you play for.

Just don't take any of it seriously.
Dammit, Del. That was weeks ago. The issue was settled and nobody asked for your input. Dammit.

You're incapable of keeping your goddamn trap shut, aren't you? I wouldn't mind you butting your bald-ass head into every situation if you did so in a helpful, amusing, original fashion, but you don't. You don't, because, as is becoming ever more apparent the more you blather on, you simply can't. You have all of the social and conversational capabilities of either a six year old or of an Alzheimer's patient. I don't mind being indulgent to such people. You, however, are exempt from grace and mercy on account of the fact that you consistently present your stupid self as some kind of elder statesman who benevolently showers CPS with your platitudinous wisdom, riveting bon mots, and incisive social commentary.

You are a goofy, slack-jawed, guffawing jackass who embodies everything, everything that is wrong with this country, the Baby Boom Generation, the state of Wisconsin, and every other social, political, and religious demographic that you so unfortunately represent. If you had the slightest regard for any of these and especially for the community of CPS you would learn to withhold your half-brained opinions at least half of the time. If you would do it more than half the time, that would be ideal, but I realize that I am addressing Del and simple directives are exceptionally difficult for one of his impaired capacities.
That hurt.
It is theatrics? Was he practicing for a performance, a "gig?" .
"At present we're on the wrong side of the door. But all the pages of the New Testament are rustling with the rumor that it will not always be so." ~ C.S. Lewis

hugodrax
All Around Nice Guy
All Around Nice Guy

Post by hugodrax » Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:25 am

Goose55 wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:15 am
Del wrote:
A_Morley wrote:
Del wrote:
Goose55 wrote:I edited my post to Hugo once I saw that Hogleg had responded to Hugo's jesting in kind.

Dammit, Del. That was weeks ago. The issue was settled and nobody asked for your input. Dammit.

You're incapable of keeping your goddamn trap shut, aren't you? I wouldn't mind you butting your bald-ass head into every situation if you did so in a helpful, amusing, original fashion, but you don't. You don't, because, as is becoming ever more apparent the more you blather on, you simply can't. You have all of the social and conversational capabilities of either a six year old or of an Alzheimer's patient. I don't mind being indulgent to such people. You, however, are exempt from grace and mercy on account of the fact that you consistently present your stupid self as some kind of elder statesman who benevolently showers CPS with your platitudinous wisdom, riveting bon mots, and incisive social commentary.

You are a goofy, slack-jawed, guffawing jackass who embodies everything, everything that is wrong with this country, the Baby Boom Generation, the state of Wisconsin, and every other social, political, and religious demographic that you so unfortunately represent. If you had the slightest regard for any of these and especially for the community of CPS you would learn to withhold your half-brained opinions at least half of the time. If you would do it more than half the time, that would be ideal, but I realize that I am addressing Del and simple directives are exceptionally difficult for one of his impaired capacities.
That hurt.
And lo, there came the fruit of Del's loins, the Winged Beast of the Desert, and he appeared unto Del and together they derped, unable to conceive that, in consequence of their acts, a man beloved, or at the least well-liked, was driven forth by their inability to conceive that one could honestly be offended by their self-righteous actions. And they mocked him in their ignorance and folly, knowing he would not be able to answer them. And CPS became instantly more poorly educated and less amusing. And they rejoiced of their victory.

The she-bears would not eat them, for they found them unclean as meat.

Del
Hacked by Kellyanne Conway

Post by Del » Sat Feb 03, 2018 2:31 pm

hugodrax wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:25 am
Goose55 wrote:
Del wrote:
A_Morley wrote:
Del wrote:

That hurt.
And lo, there came the fruit of Del's loins, the Winged Beast of the Desert, and he appeared unto Del and together they derped, unable to conceive that, in consequence of their acts, a man beloved, or at the least well-liked, was driven forth by their inability to conceive that one could honestly be offended by their self-righteous actions. And they mocked him in their ignorance and folly, knowing he would not be able to answer them. And CPS became instantly more poorly educated and less amusing. And they rejoiced of their victory.

:lol:

I laid back, as Morley requested. And Morley fades in and fades out, as he is wont to do.

I thought it would be fun to raise a zombie over Morley's ranting that I was "weeks ago."

Forgot about my buddy, the "Winged Beast of the Desert." I might have to get out there and visit some day. I've got friends in Tucson that we should meet up with.
"Utter frogshit from start to finish." - Onyx

"Let all bitterness and wrath and anger and clamor and slander be put away from you, along with all malice. Be kind to one another, tender-hearted, forgiving each other, just as God in Christ also has forgiven you." - Eph 4

hugodrax
All Around Nice Guy
All Around Nice Guy

Post by hugodrax » Sat Feb 03, 2018 4:14 pm

Del wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2018 2:31 pm
hugodrax wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:25 am
Goose55 wrote:
Del wrote:
A_Morley wrote:
Del wrote:

That hurt.

:lol:

I laid back, as Morley requested. And Morley fades in and fades out, as he is wont to do.

I thought it would be fun to raise a zombie over Morley's ranting that I was "weeks ago."

Forgot about my buddy, the "Winged Beast of the Desert." I might have to get out there and visit some day. I've got friends in Tucson that we should meet up with.
Let me know. I still have some buddies in the USSTRATCOM.

coco
Uniquely Duggish
Uniquely Duggish

Post by coco » Sat Feb 03, 2018 5:33 pm

wosbald wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:12 am
+JMJ+

Thursday night, I had a dream. I had just landed on a bleakly hostile planet — the topography of which was evidently shaped by pyroclastic flows — along with my shipmate, Cleon. Don't ask me how I know this last detail, since the enviro-suits needed for such caustic atmosphere completely impeded visual identification.

Anyways, we quickly arrived at a large gorge or valley, at least a thousand feet deep and a mile or so wide, across which we had to go because a chasmic portal, one leading to the temple or repository of ancient astronauts, was on the other side. And this temple held the object of our mission-objective, the cosmos' most originary fried-chicken recipe. Panspermia applies to more than just bios, it seems.

At the head of the straitend end of the valley, there was a thin and narrow outcropping, or shelf, of rock which precariously led along the cliff-face until it joined the opposite side. It seems that Cleon intended to crawl along this shelf in order to reach the temple-gateway, but I demurred, as the shelf seemed simply too brittle and thin.

Heading back to the more-graded slopes, I suggested sliding down the smoothened valley walls — remarkably burnished by aeons of wind and dust — until we reached the floor. And here, more-graded means about a 70% grade. And as to how we were going to ascend again, this didn't cross my mind, it seems.

Before I could even formulate a plan-of-attack, Cleon impetuously lowered himself over the edge and — like a child on a water-side — was immediately whisked away, the shimmering luster of his scientifically-optimized suit providing the perfect, frictionless foil to the time-buffed, pyroclastic patina. In a heartbeat, he was at the bottom. And in about a second and a half, he had crossed the two miles of valley floor and was already speeding precipitously up the other side. He was launched off the slope and into the air, to a height of about 1000 feet, gracefully arcing back over the valley towards the spot where I still stood agape — horrified but strangely transfixed — landing in a mangled heap about 10 feet from me.

I awoke with a start, profoundly disturbed. Never did get that fried-chicken.
8O

Dang. Now I'm hungry.
"Like a gold ring in a pig's snout is a cob with a forever lucite stem." (Pipverbs 1:1)
"No more signatures that quote other CPS members." - Thunk

Del

Post by Del » Sat Feb 03, 2018 5:57 pm

I like pet cats.

I had a dream that I was at the home of a friend who kept tiger cubs for some reason. I wanted to be friendly with the cubs, but they were larger and more violent than a typical domestic cat.

I felt sorry for the tiger cub who just wanted some friendly attention, but didn't know how to behave. I got bit a lot.

Tiger cubs do not make good pets, even in a dream. Poor kitty!

"Let all bitterness and wrath and anger and clamor and slander be put away from you, along with all malice. Be kind to one another, tender-hearted, forgiving each other, just as God in Christ also has forgiven you." - Eph 4

elimtaft
Anything but broccoli
Anything but broccoli

Post by elimtaft » Sat Feb 03, 2018 7:51 pm

Del wrote:
A_Morley wrote:
Del wrote:

That hurt.
Whoa. Was this for real? Don't mean to bring up an old thread, but others already did, and now I'm thinking... what has happened to CPS while I was away? Hopefully this was part of a larger context and wasn't serious.
A Word Is Worth A Thousand Pictures

Dort wo Du einen Pfeifenraucher siehst, findest Du einen guten Freund.

Broccoli over mushrooms.

Del

Post by Del » Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:03 pm

elimtaft wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2018 7:51 pm
Del wrote:
A_Morley wrote:
Del wrote:

That hurt.
Whoa. Was this for real? Don't mean to bring up an old thread, but others already did, and now I'm thinking... what has happened to CPS while I was away? Hopefully this was part of a larger context and wasn't serious.
Hard to say.

I have been myself, occasionally obnoxious in my own idiosyncratic way, for ten years now. Likewise Morley has always played the irritable curmudgeon.

But politics and political correctness have changed the world around us. What used to be tolerated -- and even funny -- has been stolen from our culture. I'm not supposed to talk about it anymore.

hugodrax
All Around Nice Guy
All Around Nice Guy

Post by hugodrax » Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:09 pm

Del wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:03 pm
elimtaft wrote:
Del wrote:
A_Morley wrote:
Del wrote:

That hurt.
Hard to say.

I have been myself, occasionally obnoxious in my own idiosyncratic way, for ten years now. Likewise Morley has always played the irritable curmudgeon.

But politics and political correctness have changed the world around us. What used to be tolerated -- and even funny -- has been stolen from our culture. I'm not supposed to talk about it anymore.
Del, have you contemplated the difference between being a fool for Christ and just being a plain old fool? It's one of my daily examens.

sweetandsour
Minister of Pipe Breaking

Post by sweetandsour » Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:30 pm

I dreamed that I've tried to post my dream in this thread twice now, and it got deleted both times. What does this mean?
I'm old but I'm happy. (Most of the time.)

hugodrax
All Around Nice Guy
All Around Nice Guy

Post by hugodrax » Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:46 pm

sweetandsour wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:30 pm
I dreamed that I've tried to post my dream in this thread twice now, and it got deleted both times. What does this mean?
You're dream stinks.

sweetandsour

Post by sweetandsour » Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:50 pm

hugodrax wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:46 pm
sweetandsour wrote:
You're dream stinks.
Thaaaannks.

hugodrax
All Around Nice Guy
All Around Nice Guy

Post by hugodrax » Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:16 pm

sweetandsour wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:50 pm
hugodrax wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:46 pm
sweetandsour wrote:
You're dream stinks.
Thaaaannks.
You don't like my interpretation. Fine.

Del? He's all yours. I hear tell he doesn't venerate the BVM. Sic him, Del.

Del

Post by Del » Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:20 pm

hugodrax wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:09 pm
Del wrote:
elimtaft wrote:

Hard to say.

Del, have you contemplated the difference between being a fool for Christ and just being a plain old fool? It's one of my daily examens.
See what I mean, elimtaft?

hugodrax
All Around Nice Guy
All Around Nice Guy

Post by hugodrax » Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:26 pm

Del wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:20 pm
hugodrax wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:09 pm
Del wrote:
elimtaft wrote:

Hard to say.

See what I mean, elimtaft?
The world knows you're a graceless fool, Del. Won't shock him.

Cleon
Brother of the Briar
Brother of the Briar

Post by Cleon » Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:48 pm

hugodrax wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:24 am
wosbald wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:12 am
+JMJ+

Thursday night, I had a dream. I had just landed on a bleakly hostile planet — the topography of which was evidently shaped by pyroclastic flows — along with my shipmate, Cleon. Don't ask me how I know this last detail, since the enviro-suits needed for such caustic atmosphere completely impeded visual identification.

Anyways, we quickly arrived at a large gorge or valley, at least a thousand feet deep and a mile or so wide, across which we had to go because a chasmic portal, one leading to the temple or repository of ancient astronauts, was on the other side. And this temple held the object of our mission-objective, the cosmos' most originary fried-chicken recipe. Panspermia applies to more than just bios, it seems.

At the head of the straitend end of the valley, there was a thin and narrow outcropping, or shelf, of rock which precariously led along the cliff-face until it joined the opposite side. It seems that Cleon intended to crawl along this shelf in order to reach the temple-gateway, but I demurred, as the shelf seemed simply too brittle and thin.

Heading back to the more-graded slopes, I suggested sliding down the smoothened valley walls — remarkably burnished by aeons of wind and dust — until we reached the floor. And here, more-graded means about a 70% grade. And as to how we were going to ascend again, this didn't cross my mind, it seems.

Before I could even formulate a plan-of-attack, Cleon impetuously lowered himself over the edge and — like a child on a water-side — was immediately whisked away, the shimmering luster of his scientifically-optimized suit providing the perfect, frictionless foil to the time-buffed, pyroclastic patina. In a heartbeat, he was at the bottom. And in about a second and a half, he had crossed the two miles of valley floor and was already speeding precipitously up the other side. He was launched off the slope and into the air, to a height of about 1000 feet, gracefully arcing back over the valley towards the spot where I still stood agape — horrified but strangely transfixed — landing in a mangled heap about 10 feet from me.

I awoke with a start, profoundly disturbed. Never did get that fried-chicken.
Hmmm. Ghey for Cleon. Interesting choice.
8O

I just now read this. Wheeee!!!!
"Let the little children come to Me, and do not forbid them; for of such is the kingdom of heaven" - Jesus

"More people need to put their big boy britches on." - JMG

"Dang, a pipe slap." - JimVH

sweetandsour

Post by sweetandsour » Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:39 pm

Restless night last night. Many dreams off and on, but in the last one there was a stage with a chair and microphone up front, and another chair 10-15 feet behind it to the rear of the stage. First David Allen Coe was at the mic, singing a song I've never heard before, and Willie Nelson was sitting in the back chair waiting with his guitar. Coe finished, got up and walked off, and then Willie came and sat down at the mic and sang a song I've never heard before, with Porter Wagoner sitting in the back chair waiting. Willie finished and walked off, and when Porter sat down at the mic, Merle Haggard sat down in the back chair. Porter was playing his song when I awoke. I've never heard any of the songs, but Porter sang the best, and played the nicest tune.

What could this mean?

UncleBob
CPS Theological Dogmatician
CPS Theological Dogmatician

Post by UncleBob » Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:54 pm

Most of the time, I just dream I am Bernie Mac in this scene:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WH54auk02KI
"One man's theology is another man's belly laugh." - Robert A. Heinlein

"Many of the points here, taken to their logical conclusions, don't hold up to logic; they're simply Godded-up ways of saying "I don't like that." - Skip

"You guys are weird." - Mrs. FredS

hugodrax
All Around Nice Guy
All Around Nice Guy

Post by hugodrax » Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:16 pm

sweetandsour wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:39 pm
Restless night last night. Many dreams off and on, but in the last one there was a stage with a chair and microphone up front, and another chair 10-15 feet behind it to the rear of the stage. First David Allen Coe was at the mic, singing a song I've never heard before, and Willie Nelson was sitting in the back chair waiting with his guitar. Coe finished, got up and walked off, and then Willie came and sat down at the mic and sang a song I've never heard before, with Porter Wagoner sitting in the back chair waiting. Willie finished and walked off, and when Porter sat down at the mic, Merle Haggard sat down in the back chair. Porter was playing his song when I awoke. I've never heard any of the songs, but Porter sang the best, and played the nicest tune.

What could this mean?
You give Porter Wagoner the respect he deserves, unlike most modern country music fans.