ATTN: Cargo short wearers

The part of the church where the silliest things happen. Conversations that sound like they belong in the youth room will be moved here.
Cleon
The Mad Hatter
The Mad Hatter

Re: ATTN: Cargo short wearers

Post by Cleon » Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:18 am

I purchased two new pairs of cargo shorts on Saturday because my others were getting too big and ratty looking. They will be relegated to outdoor work wear.
"Let the little children come to Me, and do not forbid them; for of such is the kingdom of heaven" - Jesus

"More people need to put their big boy britches on." - JMG

"Dang, a pipe slap." - JimVH

durangopipe
Under-secretary to the Minister of Pipe Breaking

Post by durangopipe » Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:30 am

Any pants getting too big is an excellent occurrence, and one to be celebrated.
Congratulations!
. . . be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God in Christ forgave you. Ephesians 4:32 (NKJV)

The most improper job of any man, even saints, is bossing other men. Not one in a million is fit for it, and least of all those who seek the opportunity.. J.R.R. Tolkien

2017 Morley - Outstanding BRATASS of the Year

Gabriel
Enraged by S'mores
Enraged by S'mores

Post by Gabriel » Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:35 am

We purchased my two older children kayaks for early birthday presents this weekend. They immediately took them up to our local lake and spent 8. hours. on the water... I stayed up there and fished and whatnot. I wore cargo shorts and shoes without socks the entire day. I thought of this thread.
Sola Deo Gloria

Jocose
a large Chinese man named Wu

Post by Jocose » Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:00 pm

"And for Freds sake, DO NOT point anyone towards CPS or you'll put them off of both Christianity and pipe smoking forever." ~ FredS

"Death Wish and its progeny are some of the greatest films of the 1970s. If one disagrees with this, he is a foolish man with no taste." ~ TNLP

Sir Moose
President Jar-Jar Binks fan club: "Meesa tink he da best!" - Perpetually in Trouble
President Jar-Jar Binks fan club: "Meesa tink he da best!" - Perpetually in Trouble

Post by Sir Moose » Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:47 pm

I stopped at the store the other day to pick up some new cargo pants (long pants) for work since my others are beginning to develop some holes. There were two racks of cargo pants. There were about fourteen racks of cargo shorts. I took it as a sign that I'm in the top 12.5% by wearing full-length pants.
In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they are not.

Cleon
The Mad Hatter
The Mad Hatter

Post by Cleon » Sun Jul 16, 2017 2:02 pm

Breaking in some new cargo shorts this afternoon. Ah.
"Let the little children come to Me, and do not forbid them; for of such is the kingdom of heaven" - Jesus

durangopipe

Post by durangopipe » Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:00 pm

Cleon wrote:
Sun Jul 16, 2017 2:02 pm
Breaking in some new cargo shorts this afternoon. Ah.
They need breaking in?
. . . be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God in Christ forgave you. Ephesians 4:32 (NKJV)

The most improper job of any man, even saints, is bossing other men. Not one in a million is fit for it, and least of all those who seek the opportunity.. J.R.R. Tolkien

2017 Morley - Outstanding BRATASS of the Year

UncleBob
CPS Theological Dogmatician
CPS Theological Dogmatician

Post by UncleBob » Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:08 pm

I was wearing some earlier when I schooled The Boy on Galaga. Afterwards he asked, "When did you get to be such a bad-ass?"

Obviously it is because I wear cargo shorts.
"One man's theology is another man's belly laugh." - Robert A. Heinlein

"Many of the points here, taken to their logical conclusions, don't hold up to logic; they're simply Godded-up ways of saying "I don't like that." - Skip

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please." -Mark Twain

coco
Uniquely Duggish
Uniquely Duggish

Post by coco » Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:18 pm

UncleBob wrote:
Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:08 pm
I was wearing some earlier when I schooled The Boy on Galaga. Afterwards he asked, "When did you get to be such a bad-ass?"

Obviously it is because I wear cargo shorts.
:lol:
"Like a gold ring in a pig's snout is a cob with a forever lucite stem." (Pipverbs 1:1)
"No more signatures that quote other CPS members." - Thunk

TNLawPiper
BrotherOfTheBriar YouHeartlessBastards

Post by TNLawPiper » Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:06 pm

Cargo shorts are permissible when: 1) it is necessary to carry cargo; and 2) said cargo cannot or should not be carried by other means, such as a jacket, vest, or carrying bag of some sort. Avoiding the unnecessary raising of one's upper body temperature is a reasonable cause for the eschewing of a vest or jacket, but one must remember that full pockets in an upper body garment or a satchel do not affect one's movement quite the same as heavy pants pockets.

Cleon
The Mad Hatter
The Mad Hatter

Post by Cleon » Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:37 am

TNLawPiper wrote:
Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:06 pm
Cargo shorts are permissible when: 1) it is necessary to carry cargo; and 2) said cargo cannot or should not be carried by other means, such as a jacket, vest, or carrying bag of some sort. Avoiding the unnecessary raising of one's upper body temperature is a reasonable cause for the eschewing of a vest or jacket, but one must remember that full pockets in an upper body garment or a satchel do not affect one's movement quite the same as heavy pants pockets.
1) It is always necessary to carry cargo.

2) No shirt. Therefore, cargo shorts.

TNLawPiper

Post by TNLawPiper » Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:41 am

Cleon wrote:
Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:37 am
TNLawPiper wrote:

Are they camouflage, too?

FredS
The Trappists say shut it, still talking

Post by FredS » Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:44 am

I bought two pairs of Cargo Shorts last weekend. One pair is by Polo. That's right you tight shirt wearing metrosexuals. . .POLO Cargo Shorts.
"If we ever get to heaven boys, it aint because we aint done nothin' wrong" - Kris Kristofferson

"One of the things I love about CPS is the frank and enthusiastic dysfunction here. God help me, I do love it so." – OldWorldSwine

"I'd like to put a hook in that puppet and swing it through a bunch of salmon!" - durangopipe

Cleon
The Mad Hatter
The Mad Hatter

Post by Cleon » Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:24 pm

FredS wrote:
Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:44 am
I bought two pairs of Cargo Shorts last weekend. One pair is by Polo. That's right you tight shirt wearing metrosexuals. . .POLO Cargo Shorts.
You show 'em, Fred.

Cleon
The Mad Hatter
The Mad Hatter

Post by Cleon » Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:26 pm

TNLawPiper wrote:
Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:41 am
Cleon wrote:
TNLawPiper wrote:

Cammo and rip-stop.

hugodrax
A Complete Kneebiter
A Complete Kneebiter

Post by hugodrax » Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:40 pm

Cleon wrote:
Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:24 pm
FredS wrote:
You show 'em, Fred.
You know his real name was Lipschitz, right? Ralph Lipschitz. You're wearing Lipschitz cargo shorts.
I am also of the opinion that the Jesuits should be suppressed.

FredS

Post by FredS » Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:44 pm

hugodrax wrote:
Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:40 pm
Cleon wrote:
Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:24 pm
FredS wrote:
You show 'em, Fred.
You know his real name was Lipschitz, right? Ralph Lipschitz. You're wearing Lipschitz cargo shorts.
I did not know that.

You know, AMJ thinks we need more pipe and tobacco talk but it's little nuggets of knowledge like this that really make CPS worthwhile.
"If we ever get to heaven boys, it aint because we aint done nothin' wrong" - Kris Kristofferson

"One of the things I love about CPS is the frank and enthusiastic dysfunction here. God help me, I do love it so." – OldWorldSwine

"I'd like to put a hook in that puppet and swing it through a bunch of salmon!" - durangopipe

Jocose

Post by Jocose » Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:45 pm

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ocWFcetyeis
"And for Freds sake, DO NOT point anyone towards CPS or you'll put them off of both Christianity and pipe smoking forever." ~ FredS

"Death Wish and its progeny are some of the greatest films of the 1970s. If one disagrees with this, he is a foolish man with no taste." ~ TNLP

FredS

Post by FredS » Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:51 pm

Jocose wrote:
Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:45 pm
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ocWFcetyeis
Have you set a date yet?

TNLawPiper

Post by TNLawPiper » Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:57 pm

Cleon wrote:
Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:26 pm
TNLawPiper wrote:
Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:41 am
Cleon wrote:
TNLawPiper wrote:

Cammo and rip-stop.
I'm done with this forum.