#covfefe

The part of the church where the silliest things happen. Conversations that sound like they belong in the youth room will be moved here.
Post Reply
TNLawPiper
BrotherOfTheBriar YouHeartlessBastards
BrotherOfTheBriar YouHeartlessBastards
Posts: 17042
Joined: Sun Sep 14, 2008 6:00 pm

#covfefe

Post by TNLawPiper » Wed May 31, 2017 8:24 am

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/ ... s-shoot-up

Whether he fell asleep mid-tweet--and, honestly, who among us hasn't--or he's simply trolling, it's nice to see a bit of levity these days. I'm glad President Trump embraced it.

What do you think the rest of his tweet would have said?

User avatar
sweetandsour
Minister of Pipe Breaking
Minister of Pipe Breaking
Posts: 8687
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Bayou Self
Contact:

Re: #covfefe

Post by sweetandsour » Wed May 31, 2017 8:33 am

TNLawPiper wrote:
Wed May 31, 2017 8:24 am
http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/ ... s-shoot-up

Whether he fell asleep mid-tweet--and, honestly, who among us hasn't--or he's simply trolling, it's nice to see a bit of levity these days. I'm glad President Trump embraced it.

What do you think the rest of his tweet would have said?
Funny! Are you an npr regular, btw?
I'm old but I'm happy. (Most of the time.)

TNLawPiper
BrotherOfTheBriar YouHeartlessBastards
BrotherOfTheBriar YouHeartlessBastards
Posts: 17042
Joined: Sun Sep 14, 2008 6:00 pm

Re: #covfefe

Post by TNLawPiper » Wed May 31, 2017 9:06 am

sweetandsour wrote:
Wed May 31, 2017 8:33 am
TNLawPiper wrote:
Wed May 31, 2017 8:24 am
http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/ ... s-shoot-up

Whether he fell asleep mid-tweet--and, honestly, who among us hasn't--or he's simply trolling, it's nice to see a bit of levity these days. I'm glad President Trump embraced it.

What do you think the rest of his tweet would have said?
Funny! Are you an npr regular, btw?
Not a regular reader. I catch about five minutes of news from them on the way home from work, but that's about it. I'm mostly a Drudge/The Hill guy.

User avatar
FredS
Really, really likes watching kids fish.
Really, really likes watching kids fish.
Posts: 20213
Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: NOCO (Northern Colorado)

Re: #covfefe

Post by FredS » Wed May 31, 2017 3:57 pm

sweetandsour wrote:
Wed May 31, 2017 8:33 am
TNLawPiper wrote:
Wed May 31, 2017 8:24 am
http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/ ... s-shoot-up

Whether he fell asleep mid-tweet--and, honestly, who among us hasn't--or he's simply trolling, it's nice to see a bit of levity these days. I'm glad President Trump embraced it.

What do you think the rest of his tweet would have said?
Funny! Are you an npr regular, btw?
If there's anybody on CPS who's an NPR regular, it would be TNLP. When he hears Cokie Roberts reporting on the SCOTUs he goes all weak in the knees.
"If we ever get to heaven boys, it aint because we aint done nothin' wrong" - Kris Kristofferson

"One of the things I love about CPS is the frank and enthusiastic dysfunction here. God help me, I do love it so." – OldWorldSwine

"I'd like to put a hook in that puppet and swing it through a bunch of salmon!" - durangopipe

User avatar
infidel
kthxbai
kthxbai
Posts: 6446
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2009 6:00 pm

Re: #covfefe

Post by infidel » Wed May 31, 2017 4:18 pm

Image
Inadvertently emboldening the cause of naïve Evolutionism since 2016.

"Who the hell ponders placentas? Dude, you're a freak of nature." - DepartedLight

"One man's saint is another man's infidel." - hugodrax

"Total. Freaking. Win." - Skip

User avatar
Sir Moose
President Jar-Jar Binks fan club: "Meesa tink he da best!" - Perpetually in Trouble
President Jar-Jar Binks fan club: "Meesa tink he da best!" - Perpetually in Trouble
Posts: 2863
Joined: Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:17 am
Location: NW Washington
Contact:

Re: #covfefe

Post by Sir Moose » Thu Jun 01, 2017 1:38 pm

According to this article, it's Arabic for "I will stand up."
In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they are not.

User avatar
durangopipe
Under-secretary to the Minister of Pipe Breaking
Under-secretary to the Minister of Pipe Breaking
Posts: 4979
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2016 3:58 pm
Location: Southwest Colorado

Re: #covfefe

Post by durangopipe » Thu Jun 01, 2017 3:06 pm

In Samoan:

Ko fefe: pregnant but in fear of it
The most improper job of any man, even saints, is bossing other men. Not one in a million is fit for it, and least of all those who seek the opportunity.. J.R.R. Tolkien

2017 Morley - Outstanding BRATASS of the Year

User avatar
Onyx
Darth Onyx, Bringer of Unity
Darth Onyx, Bringer of Unity
Posts: 10808
Joined: Mon Dec 01, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Skeptopolis

Re: #covfefe

Post by Onyx » Thu Jun 01, 2017 4:40 pm

Image
4. No more signatures that quote other CPS members.
-- Thunktank

User avatar
durangopipe
Under-secretary to the Minister of Pipe Breaking
Under-secretary to the Minister of Pipe Breaking
Posts: 4979
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2016 3:58 pm
Location: Southwest Colorado

Re: #covfefe

Post by durangopipe » Thu Jun 01, 2017 7:03 pm

Sir Moose wrote:
Thu Jun 01, 2017 1:38 pm
According to this article, it's Arabic for "I will stand up."
According to Arabic speaking scholars this is not true.
This from Ali Adeeb Alnaemi, a professor of Arabic at New York University:

“Honestly when I heard that some writers thought Trump was speaking Arabic I said to myself, ‘Wow, they know Arabic more than I do."
The most improper job of any man, even saints, is bossing other men. Not one in a million is fit for it, and least of all those who seek the opportunity.. J.R.R. Tolkien

2017 Morley - Outstanding BRATASS of the Year

TNLawPiper
BrotherOfTheBriar YouHeartlessBastards
BrotherOfTheBriar YouHeartlessBastards
Posts: 17042
Joined: Sun Sep 14, 2008 6:00 pm

Re: #covfefe

Post by TNLawPiper » Thu Jun 01, 2017 7:59 pm

Sir Moose wrote:
Thu Jun 01, 2017 1:38 pm
According to this article, it's Arabic for "I will stand up."
I LOLd. The guy was tweeting in bed and fell asleep mid-tweet. It happens to the best of us.

User avatar
Jester
A terrible Raquel Welch
A terrible Raquel Welch
Posts: 1010
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2016 1:10 pm
Location: Missouri

Re: #covfefe

Post by Jester » Fri Jun 02, 2017 6:56 am

infidel wrote:
Wed May 31, 2017 4:18 pm
Image
I think this one goes in the D&D thread.
I smoke a cigar because the body is a temple and the temple needs incense. -Michael Knowles

Pumpkin Ale is more American than apple pie! -Tuttle

My first thought is that our schools should encourage more teens to develop a relationship with Christ and take up pipe-smoking. -Del

User avatar
Sir Moose
President Jar-Jar Binks fan club: "Meesa tink he da best!" - Perpetually in Trouble
President Jar-Jar Binks fan club: "Meesa tink he da best!" - Perpetually in Trouble
Posts: 2863
Joined: Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:17 am
Location: NW Washington
Contact:

Re: #covfefe

Post by Sir Moose » Fri Jun 02, 2017 2:12 pm

durangopipe wrote:
Thu Jun 01, 2017 7:03 pm
Sir Moose wrote:
Thu Jun 01, 2017 1:38 pm
According to this article, it's Arabic for "I will stand up."
According to Arabic speaking scholars this is not true.
This from Ali Adeeb Alnaemi, a professor of Arabic at New York University:

“Honestly when I heard that some writers thought Trump was speaking Arabic I said to myself, ‘Wow, they know Arabic more than I do."
My last post on this:
If you use Google translate to translate "I will stand up" from English to Arabic, you get سوف أقف. If you then hit the button to have it pronounced, you get something that could possibly be transliterated as cov fe'fe, although I don't know the sounds of the Arabic language well enough to say that it's a valid Anglicization of the Arabic (plus my speakers kind of suck).
In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they are not.

Post Reply