The time has come for us to know the truth

The part of the church where the silliest things happen. Conversations that sound like they belong in the youth room will be moved here.
User avatar
DepartedLight
That boy's got a Thorazine deficiency.
Posts: 27775
Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: Tobacco Fairy HQ, North Carolina

The time has come for us to know the truth

Post by DepartedLight » Wed Dec 27, 2017 7:19 pm

Irish-Dane wrote:(I had the hots for one of the twins, yes, just one of them, but that's a story for another day.)

Well?

We're all just sitting here waiting to hear, ya know?
DL Jake

IRT 328; "kinda smells like... meat." - Mrs. Gabriel » 09 Sep 2017

User avatar
durangopipe
Under-secretary to the Minister of Pipe Breaking
Under-secretary to the Minister of Pipe Breaking
Posts: 6086
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2016 3:58 pm
Location: Southwest Colorado

Re: The time has come for us to know the truth

Post by durangopipe » Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:36 pm

After all, it is now another day . . .
. . . be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God in Christ forgave you. Ephesians 4:32 (NKJV)

The most improper job of any man, even saints, is bossing other men. Not one in a million is fit for it, and least of all those who seek the opportunity.. J.R.R. Tolkien

2017 Morley - Outstanding BRATASS of the Year

User avatar
Irish-Dane
I'm a pro at tobacco canning
I'm a pro at tobacco canning
Posts: 33109
Joined: Wed Jan 17, 2007 6:00 pm
Location: The beautiful mountains of Western North Carolina
Contact:

Re: The time has come for us to know the truth

Post by Irish-Dane » Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:39 am

Sorry to burst your bubble, but it's not really anything. Most people just find it funny they were identical twins but I only found one of them attractive. Was just something about her that sparkled a little brighter. She was a little too young for me so nothing ever happened... which is funny in and of itself considering my wife is fourteen years younger than I am.
It's not available because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body. --Colton

User avatar
Roadmaster
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 13287
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 6:00 pm
Location: Missouri The Show-me State

Re: The time has come for us to know the truth

Post by Roadmaster » Thu Dec 28, 2017 8:01 am

Irish-Dane wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:39 am
Sorry to burst your bubble, but it's not really anything. Most people just find it funny they were identical twins but I only found one of them attractive. Was just something about her that sparkled a little brighter. She was a little too young for me so nothing ever happened... which is funny in and of itself considering my wife is fourteen years younger than I am.
She was fourteen years younger when you first got married but how many years younger is she now?

User avatar
Irish-Dane
I'm a pro at tobacco canning
I'm a pro at tobacco canning
Posts: 33109
Joined: Wed Jan 17, 2007 6:00 pm
Location: The beautiful mountains of Western North Carolina
Contact:

Re: The time has come for us to know the truth

Post by Irish-Dane » Thu Dec 28, 2017 9:08 am

Roadmaster wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2017 8:01 am
Irish-Dane wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:39 am
Sorry to burst your bubble, but it's not really anything. Most people just find it funny they were identical twins but I only found one of them attractive. Was just something about her that sparkled a little brighter. She was a little too young for me so nothing ever happened... which is funny in and of itself considering my wife is fourteen years younger than I am.
She was fourteen years younger when you first got married but how many years younger is she now?
Umm...
It's not available because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body. --Colton

User avatar
hugodrax
All Around Nice Guy
All Around Nice Guy
Posts: 16985
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:00 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Contact:

Re: The time has come for us to know the truth

Post by hugodrax » Thu Dec 28, 2017 9:36 am

Irish-Dane wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:39 am
Sorry to burst your bubble, but it's not really anything. Most people just find it funny they were identical twins but I only found one of them attractive. Was just something about her that sparkled a little brighter. She was a little too young for me so nothing ever happened... which is funny in and of itself considering my wife is fourteen years younger than I am.
That's even more boring and pointless than your booze beam story. Worried about you, man.
Etiam mihi opinio anserem perirent.

User avatar
Irish-Dane
I'm a pro at tobacco canning
I'm a pro at tobacco canning
Posts: 33109
Joined: Wed Jan 17, 2007 6:00 pm
Location: The beautiful mountains of Western North Carolina
Contact:

Re: The time has come for us to know the truth

Post by Irish-Dane » Thu Dec 28, 2017 9:38 am

hugodrax wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2017 9:36 am
Irish-Dane wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:39 am
Sorry to burst your bubble, but it's not really anything. Most people just find it funny they were identical twins but I only found one of them attractive. Was just something about her that sparkled a little brighter. She was a little too young for me so nothing ever happened... which is funny in and of itself considering my wife is fourteen years younger than I am.
That's even more boring and pointless than your booze beam story. Worried about you, man.
You didn't like the Booze beam story? It certainly wasn't "awesome" like DL said, but I thought it was cool. But I do tend to find more value in antique architecture than most. :|
It's not available because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body. --Colton

User avatar
hugodrax
All Around Nice Guy
All Around Nice Guy
Posts: 16985
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:00 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Contact:

Re: The time has come for us to know the truth

Post by hugodrax » Thu Dec 28, 2017 10:13 am

Irish-Dane wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2017 9:38 am
hugodrax wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2017 9:36 am
Irish-Dane wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:39 am
Sorry to burst your bubble, but it's not really anything. Most people just find it funny they were identical twins but I only found one of them attractive. Was just something about her that sparkled a little brighter. She was a little too young for me so nothing ever happened... which is funny in and of itself considering my wife is fourteen years younger than I am.
That's even more boring and pointless than your booze beam story. Worried about you, man.
You didn't like the Booze beam story? It certainly wasn't "awesome" like DL said, but I thought it was cool. But I do tend to find more value in antique architecture than most. :|
Most of that story was about you. I enjoyed the bits about the architecture. :clown:
Etiam mihi opinio anserem perirent.

User avatar
wosbald
Crux' Cleveland Correspondent
Crux' Cleveland Correspondent
Posts: 19396
Joined: Mon Feb 25, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Contact:

Re: The time has come for us to know the truth

Post by wosbald » Thu Dec 28, 2017 10:21 am

"In the end, My Immaculate Heart will triumph." - Our Lady of Fatima

User avatar
coco
Uniquely Duggish
Uniquely Duggish
Posts: 28689
Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: Sweet Home Alabama
Contact:

Re: The time has come for us to know the truth

Post by coco » Thu Dec 28, 2017 10:22 am

Pics or it didn't happen.
"Like a gold ring in a pig's snout is a cob with a forever lucite stem." (Pipverbs 1:1)
"No more signatures that quote other CPS members." - Thunk

User avatar
hugodrax
All Around Nice Guy
All Around Nice Guy
Posts: 16985
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:00 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Contact:

Re: The time has come for us to know the truth

Post by hugodrax » Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:38 am

coco wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2017 10:22 am
Pics or it didn't happen.
Of underage twins? I'm surprised at you, Coco.
Etiam mihi opinio anserem perirent.

User avatar
Del
Hacked by Kellyanne Conway
Hacked by Kellyanne Conway
Posts: 37693
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Madison, WI
Contact:

Re: The time has come for us to know the truth

Post by Del » Thu Dec 28, 2017 1:45 pm

hugodrax wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2017 9:36 am
Irish-Dane wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:39 am
Sorry to burst your bubble, but it's not really anything. Most people just find it funny they were identical twins but I only found one of them attractive. Was just something about her that sparkled a little brighter. She was a little too young for me so nothing ever happened... which is funny in and of itself considering my wife is fourteen years younger than I am.
That's even more boring and pointless than your booze beam story. Worried about you, man.
Agreed.

Tell the story again. Only this time, both of the twins were just as hot for you. How unfortunate that you only cared for one of them.
"Utter frogshit from start to finish." - Onyx

"I shall not wear a crown of gold where my Master wore a crown of thorns." - Godfrey de Bouillon

User avatar
sweetandsour
Minister of Pipe Breaking
Minister of Pipe Breaking
Posts: 9661
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Bayou Self
Contact:

Re: The time has come for us to know the truth

Post by sweetandsour » Thu Dec 28, 2017 1:58 pm

I knew (and still do know) a guy that married an identical twin. But, that's a story for yet another day.
I'm old but I'm happy. (Most of the time.)

User avatar
DepartedLight
That boy's got a Thorazine deficiency.
Posts: 27775
Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: Tobacco Fairy HQ, North Carolina

Re: The time has come for us to know the truth

Post by DepartedLight » Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:33 pm

sweetandsour wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2017 1:58 pm
I knew (and still do know) a guy that married an identical twin. But, that's a story for yet another day.
YOU DID THIS BECAUSE YOU KNOW I AM ON A NOT SO DAMN SMART PHONE.

Man.

We’ve shared peace pipe together. I’m disappointed more than anything.

*sigh through the nostils*
DL Jake

IRT 328; "kinda smells like... meat." - Mrs. Gabriel » 09 Sep 2017

User avatar
sweetandsour
Minister of Pipe Breaking
Minister of Pipe Breaking
Posts: 9661
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Bayou Self
Contact:

Re: The time has come for us to know the truth

Post by sweetandsour » Thu Dec 28, 2017 9:20 pm

DepartedLight wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:33 pm
sweetandsour wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2017 1:58 pm
I knew (and still do know) a guy that married an identical twin. But, that's a story for yet another day.
YOU DID THIS BECAUSE YOU KNOW I AM ON A NOT SO DAMN SMART PHONE.

Man.

We’ve shared peace pipe together. I’m disappointed more than anything.

*sigh through the nostils*
What's this got to do with phones, my good sir? Re the twins, I don't know where to post the story(ies), actually. Wouldn't be appropriate to go back to the whisky thread.
I'm old but I'm happy. (Most of the time.)

User avatar
Irish-Dane
I'm a pro at tobacco canning
I'm a pro at tobacco canning
Posts: 33109
Joined: Wed Jan 17, 2007 6:00 pm
Location: The beautiful mountains of Western North Carolina
Contact:

Re: The time has come for us to know the truth

Post by Irish-Dane » Fri Dec 29, 2017 7:18 am

sweetandsour wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2017 9:20 pm
DepartedLight wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:33 pm
sweetandsour wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2017 1:58 pm
I knew (and still do know) a guy that married an identical twin. But, that's a story for yet another day.
YOU DID THIS BECAUSE YOU KNOW I AM ON A NOT SO DAMN SMART PHONE.

Man.

We’ve shared peace pipe together. I’m disappointed more than anything.

*sigh through the nostils*
What's this got to do with phones, my good sir? Re the twins, I don't know where to post the story(ies), actually. Wouldn't be appropriate to go back to the whisky thread.
Here. Share it here. This is now the TWINS thread.
It's not available because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body. --Colton

User avatar
Irish-Dane
I'm a pro at tobacco canning
I'm a pro at tobacco canning
Posts: 33109
Joined: Wed Jan 17, 2007 6:00 pm
Location: The beautiful mountains of Western North Carolina
Contact:

Re: The time has come for us to know the truth

Post by Irish-Dane » Fri Dec 29, 2017 7:19 am

My Pastor was dating a twin in college. That didn't work out so he dated the other twin. She is now his wife and the mother of his 4 children.
It's not available because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body. --Colton

User avatar
sweetandsour
Minister of Pipe Breaking
Minister of Pipe Breaking
Posts: 9661
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Bayou Self
Contact:

Re: The time has come for us to know the truth

Post by sweetandsour » Fri Dec 29, 2017 8:37 am

Irish-Dane wrote:
Fri Dec 29, 2017 7:19 am
My Pastor was dating a twin in college. That didn't work out so he dated the other twin. She is now his wife and the mother of his 4 children.
Yes, I'm sure most identical twin stories are similar, if not, uh, identical. The story I was referring to earlier was from college. These identical twin girls were beautiful, and they had lots of suitors. They would dress the same and wear the same sly smile, and all of the guys highly suspected they did it on purpose, and enjoyed playing pranks including the sharing of boyfriends. The only way to make sure was to follow one of the girls to a particular class, and then stick with her, since it was known that they didn't have entirely identical schedules. But sometimes we even suspected that tactic. They were clever, they were.
Finally, this friend of mine really fell hard for one of them, and swore he could tell them apart. Well, as it so happened, the twin he thought he loved was really the other twin, and it so happened that it was the twin that really loved him. His original twin ended up marrying a Marine and moved away, which then made things much easier.
In later years he would tell us stories about coming in late at night when his wife's twin was at his house, and he would jokingly say "alright, y'all tell me who the hell to get in bed with". My friends and I would raise our eyebrows, look at one another and just smile.
I'm old but I'm happy. (Most of the time.)

User avatar
Roadmaster
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 13287
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 6:00 pm
Location: Missouri The Show-me State

Re: The time has come for us to know the truth

Post by Roadmaster » Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:59 am


User avatar
Irish-Dane
I'm a pro at tobacco canning
I'm a pro at tobacco canning
Posts: 33109
Joined: Wed Jan 17, 2007 6:00 pm
Location: The beautiful mountains of Western North Carolina
Contact:

Re: The time has come for us to know the truth

Post by Irish-Dane » Fri Dec 29, 2017 10:44 am

Cool article. My first bank job was in Twinsburg, Ohio. The bank sat right on the old Town Square and we sponsored the festival every year I worked there. I would often take my lunch break in the small hidden cemetery that held the town's namesake twin brothers gravesite (they died the same day and were buried together).
It's not available because if you try it you will die. Your face will melt off and your children will weep over your exploded body. --Colton

Post Reply