This gets me thinking ...

The part of the church where the silliest things happen. Conversations that sound like they belong in the youth room will be moved here.
StoicDetective
Congregation
Congregation

This gets me thinking ...

Post by StoicDetective » Wed Feb 07, 2018 4:56 pm

https://youtu.be/jynBHV0pKMI
I'll drive the forklift .... who wants to ride?
"The world is full of obvious things which nobody by chance ever observes." -- S. Holmes

"I don't mind a reasonable amount of trouble." -- S. Spade

FredS
Really, really likes watching kids fish.
Really, really likes watching kids fish.

Re: This gets me thinking ...

Post by FredS » Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:31 pm

When I was young I had two friends who were millwrights and they got on at the powerplant. These were U***n jobs that paid extremely well. The type of place you work at for 40 years. Actually you work 25 years and you just show up and sit in the shop the last 15 years. Forty years and then retire with a nice pension, buy a motor home and go to Arizona in the winter. They got the jobs only because their dad's worked there.

One day they had time on their hands and decided to race forklifts, on an oval track they'd set up in an empty building. Brad went in to turn one too hot and flipped it. Broke his leg. Lost his job. Did not narc on his friend, who - as far as I know - is still on that job 30 years later.
"If we ever get to heaven boys, it aint because we aint done nothin' wrong" - Kris Kristofferson

"One of the things I love about CPS is the frank and enthusiastic dysfunction here. God help me, I do love it so." – OldWorldSwine

"I'd like to put a hook in that puppet and swing it through a bunch of salmon!" - durangopipe