The toilet auger thread

The part of the church where the silliest things happen. Conversations that sound like they belong in the youth room will be moved here.
Hovannes
one lone Wollensak
one lone Wollensak

The toilet auger thread

Post by Hovannes » Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:49 am

Bad times at the Hov House!

My 17 year old son consumes some kind of powdered cr@p that you mix in a blender and is supposed to turn you into Charles Atlas or something.
It also plugs up the toilet on the outbound orbit. I mean really plugs it up! My fearless, faithful plunger, alas, is no match.
To make matters worse, the kid's toilet and the master toilet share the same roof vent (is that code?) so a Drain King down the vent spout is a no go,
I tried a rotory auger thingy but that didn't work either, so last night I went to the hardware store to get proper toilet auger.

There were two on the shelf---a light weight version and a Rigid 3 ever loving foot long snake toilet auger with a heavy duty cable, about twice the price if the itty bitty auger. After mulling over the option, I went for the Rigid with the heavy duty cable, which will snake completely through a toilet---the smaller auger is just a wee shy in length.
I chose wisely.

It was fast
It was easy
And the obstruction came out very much like a concrete core sample only more odiferous.

I offer this testimony as a public service to any of my brothers here having a need for a new toilet auger

CodeMonkey
Brother of the Briar
Brother of the Briar

Re: The toilet auger thread

Post by CodeMonkey » Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:26 am

I've always felt that this place needed a good toilet auger thread. :lol:
“Other than that, Mrs. Lincoln, how did you enjoy the play” – Newspaper reporter.

"Trying is the first step towards failure" - Homer Simpson

Jake
Sister of the Briar
Sister of the Briar

Post by Jake » Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:20 am

L O L
(sorry, Hov)........... lolololol
"It was a bit awkward at first but I soon got to be perfectly at home in men's clothes. " -- Calamity Jane

Del
Hacked by Kellyanne Conway

Post by Del » Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:02 am

Tell #17 son that straining out those clogger logs now could result in hemorrhoid surgery later. "Young man... you don't want to get sawed on and sewed up down there."

And then hand him a gift jar of Metamucil. To supplement his supplements.
"Utter frogshit from start to finish." - Onyx

"Let all bitterness and wrath and anger and clamor and slander be put away from you, along with all malice. Be kind to one another, tender-hearted, forgiving each other, just as God in Christ also has forgiven you." - Eph 4

OldWorldSwine
rootle round the ear 'ole
rootle round the ear 'ole

Post by OldWorldSwine » Sun Apr 22, 2018 1:23 pm

I thought for a sec this was the "Toilet Anger" thread.

For the record, most of my toilet anger is directed at those supposedly earth friendly low-flow toilets.
"There's what's right and there's what's right and never the twain shall meet."

durangopipe
Under-secretary to the Minister of Pipe Breaking
Under-secretary to the Minister of Pipe Breaking

Post by durangopipe » Sun Apr 22, 2018 1:31 pm

And I though this was going to be about throwing animal entrails into the toilet.
The most improper job of any man, even saints, is bossing other men. Not one in a million is fit for it, and least of all those who seek the opportunity.. J.R.R. Tolkien

2017 Morley - Outstanding BRATASS of the Year

Del

Post by Del » Sun Apr 22, 2018 4:07 pm

durangopipe wrote:
Sun Apr 22, 2018 1:31 pm
And I though this was going to be about throwing animal entrails into the toilet.
"After close inspection, this augery portends that we will need a really good Rigid 3 toilet auger."

"Let all bitterness and wrath and anger and clamor and slander be put away from you, along with all malice. Be kind to one another, tender-hearted, forgiving each other, just as God in Christ also has forgiven you." - Eph 4

Hovannes
one lone Wollensak
one lone Wollensak

Post by Hovannes » Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:30 pm

I just sprayed it with WD-40, clipped the auger end into it's plastic on board holder at reposed it to a place of honor in the garage. It is way to precious to me to be trivialized as abstract yard art.
4/21 is official Toilet Auger Appreciation Day around these parts.
Next year I should host a commemorative poetry contest.

Munkey
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

Post by Munkey » Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:39 pm

Thank you for the lack of pictures in this post.

Sir Moose
President Jar-Jar Binks fan club: "Meesa tink he da best!" - Perpetually in Trouble
President Jar-Jar Binks fan club: "Meesa tink he da best!" - Perpetually in Trouble

Post by Sir Moose » Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:38 am

Munkey wrote:
Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:39 pm
Thank you for the lack of pictures in this post.
What he said.

Also, maybe it's time your kid learned to use a toilet auger. You can tell him about the new family rule: "You chug it. You plug it. You debug it."
In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they are not.

Del

Post by Del » Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:29 am

This thread has an awesome Read-Aloud factor.

Pipeson was cracking apart with laughter.

Cleon
Brother of the Briar
Brother of the Briar

Post by Cleon » Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:48 am

All joking aside, there is some valuable information in this thread. This is the takeaway: When it comes to plumbing. Don't skimp. You'll be sorry.

Now, to further assist my brothers and sisters, I recommend the following product for drain and sewer line maintenance:

https://www.amazon.com/Bio-clean-Drain- ... dpSrc=srch

Works great, Hov. Those little bacteria will pulverize anything your boy can squeeze their way.
"Let the little children come to Me, and do not forbid them; for of such is the kingdom of heaven" - Jesus

"More people need to put their big boy britches on." - JMG

"Dang, a pipe slap." - JimVH

Hovannes
one lone Wollensak
one lone Wollensak

Post by Hovannes » Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:05 am

Hovannes wrote:
Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:30 pm
I just sprayed it with WD-40, clipped the auger end into it's plastic on board holder and reposed it to a place of honor in the garage. It is way too precious to me to be trivialized as abstract yard art.
4/21 is official Toilet Auger Appreciation Day around these parts.
Next year I should host a commemorative poetry contest.

joegoat
Minister of not knowing names

Post by joegoat » Thu May 10, 2018 5:24 pm

My house has a rule in place. "You plug you plunge."
After two days of trying every home remedy google could provide and making dozens of attempts with the plunger, Mrs. Joegoat (the honeymoon has been long over for us) sent me a hopeless text message, admitting her defeat. That night I came home with flowers (because I'm sweet) and the pro series toilet auger (because I'm practical and wasn't about to stick my arm in there). These devices are indispensable! No household should be without one!
"A pipe gives a wise man time to think and a fool something to stick in his mouth." - C.S. Lewis

Del

Post by Del » Thu May 10, 2018 6:31 pm

joegoat wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 5:24 pm
After two days of trying every home remedy google could provide and making dozens of attempts with the plunger, Mrs. Joegoat (the honeymoon has been long over for us) sent me a hopeless text message, admitting her defeat. That night I came home with flowers (because I'm sweet) and the pro series toilet auger (because I'm practical and wasn't about to stick my arm in there). These devices are indispensable! No household should be without one!
How fortunate that we already had a thread in place for you to share this with us!

joegoat

Post by joegoat » Thu May 10, 2018 6:33 pm

Del wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 6:31 pm
joegoat wrote:
How fortunate that we already had a thread in place for you to share this with us!
Threads like this are why I keep logging into this forum. No pun intended...
"A pipe gives a wise man time to think and a fool something to stick in his mouth." - C.S. Lewis

Jocose
a large Chinese man named Wu
a large Chinese man named Wu

Post by Jocose » Thu May 10, 2018 7:11 pm

joegoat wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 6:33 pm
Del wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 6:31 pm
joegoat wrote:
Threads like this are why I keep logging into this forum. No pun intended...
I'm working on implementing this rule at my house, the 11 YO is constantly plugging things up and my poor wife has to deal with this when I'm out of town.
"And for Freds sake, DO NOT point anyone towards CPS or you'll put them off of both Christianity and pipe smoking forever." ~ FredS

"The Guacamole yoda was life changing " ~ John-Boy