LOOK OUT! They're comin' fer ya!

The part of the church where the silliest things happen. Conversations that sound like they belong in the youth room will be moved here.
UncleBob
CPS Theological Dogmatician
CPS Theological Dogmatician

Re: LOOK OUT! They're comin' fer ya!

Post by UncleBob » Tue May 29, 2018 8:00 pm

Del wrote:
Tue May 29, 2018 6:35 pm
UncleBob wrote:
Tue May 29, 2018 12:15 pm
Del wrote:
Tue May 29, 2018 11:30 am
tuttle wrote:
Tue May 29, 2018 11:19 am
UncleBob wrote:
Tue May 29, 2018 11:00 am
tuttle wrote:
Tue May 29, 2018 10:52 am
Thunktank wrote:
Tue May 29, 2018 10:32 am
tuttle wrote:
Tue May 29, 2018 7:25 am
Thunktank wrote:
Fri May 25, 2018 11:01 am
This is where Christian ethics ought to come in and inform the practice of science.
But why now and not before?

Apparenty we’ve been played.

Ethics have a place in science and Christianity plays a role in ethics. It’s a matter of putting limits on the application of science for the sake of humanity. Just because we can study something doesn’t mean we should.

But why not before? It’s because science shouldn’t be, and cannot be used to conform to particular Biblical narratives in order to discover. It simply cannot. Moses didn’t use or have available the kind of science we have today. Neither does science use the philosophy of Moses. Of course, there have been ethical questions in science before this false story.
First, this isn't a false story (SOURCE!), Bob just think's he's pulled one over on us because we're not devolving into youth room antics.

"But why not before" is a valid question because, if you're going to draw a line, who determines where the line should be drawn? And which ethical system should we apply to the application of science? Why Christian ethics? The Rockefeller scientists believe that their experiments are precisely for the sake of humanity. Their tagline is "Science for the benefit of humanity". My guess is that they'd rather not have Christian ethics get in the way of their plan to benefit humanity.

BUT since you think Christian ethics ought to inform the practice of science (hey, I do too), then not only should we consider when the ethics should do the informing, but why not also consider other aspects of how Christianity ought to inform the practice of science? Why only the realm of ethics?
Its not "pulled one over on you", dumb a$$. Look at the title of the thread. Look at the forum in which it was posted. Everyone should know it is meant to be funny. The fact that this was ignored is what is now funny--especially in light of the Anti-science protests.
Yeah, I know, it was a poke in the eye to me and my ilk and you think it's hilarious that we failed to see the same humor a bully like you did. The troll is strong with you but you're trying to hard. As soon as we got some traction in the dinosaur thread you throw your hooks all over the CPS threads trying to snag another. Gotta start throwing feathered dinosaur/anti-science links about to rile up the goons, and if they don't bite, might as well throw a whopper out there in the Youth Room under the guise of trying to be funny. You used your laugh gif a little too soon I think.

Thunk had a thoughtful response and I commented off of that and you're cackling to yourself like a drooling basement troll.
A guy posts a serious and controversial article in the Youth Room and then expects us to laugh about it. Joke's on him.
Well, there's no [ERASED] in it so I would expect that you might miss the point.
Please avoid using words that might cause CPS to show up when leftist hater-trolls search the internet for targets. This is why you were made a moderator.
A search of your past posts is sufficient for that need of moderation. Especially in relation to "humor".
Del wrote:
Tue Feb 28, 2017 4:16 pm

The racial irony was part of the joke, of course...
"One man's theology is another man's belly laugh." - Robert A. Heinlein

"Many of the points here, taken to their logical conclusions, don't hold up to logic; they're simply Godded-up ways of saying "I don't like that." - Skip

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please." -Mark Twain

DepartedLight
That boy's got a Thorazine deficiency.

Re: LOOK OUT! They're comin' fer ya!

Post by DepartedLight » Tue May 29, 2018 8:52 pm

Jester wrote:
Fri May 25, 2018 10:29 am
I used to go to college with a guy we all called Chicken-Man Dan. He looked like your average hippy with oversize glasses, shaggy red hair, tall and gangling. The higher you got the more he really looked like a chicken-man.
I've been known to get plenty high. Are you sure?