Need Help! Wreaths Everywhere!

The part of the church where the silliest things happen. Conversations that sound like they belong in the youth room will be moved here.
User avatar
UncleBob
CPS Theological Dogmatician
CPS Theological Dogmatician
Posts: 35374
Joined: Tue Aug 03, 2004 6:00 pm
Location: Lubbock, TX USA
Contact:

Re: Need Help! Wreaths Everywhere!

Post by UncleBob » Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:28 pm

coco wrote:
Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:26 pm
Ask for an International Pipe Smoking Day wreath.
What's that? Wife's wreath box pass you say?

Image
"One man's theology is another man's belly laugh." - Robert A. Heinlein

"Many of the points here, taken to their logical conclusions, don't hold up to logic; they're simply Godded-up ways of saying "I don't like that." - Skip

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please." -Mark Twain

User avatar
JimVH
Ramone, the hair dresser with smokin' diapers
Ramone, the hair dresser with smokin' diapers
Posts: 21954
Joined: Sun May 18, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: I wasn't born in Texas, but I got here as soon as I could.
Contact:

Re: Need Help! Wreaths Everywhere!

Post by JimVH » Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:33 pm

UncleBob wrote:
Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:28 am
JimVH wrote:
Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:26 am
Image

Rita has the wreath gene. Off-season wreath storage is an even bigger pain than in-season display.

I like to add random objects to them and see how long it takes her to notice (and explode). Good clean fun.
LOL!

I may have to do that. That is the kind of thinkin' I'm looking for, here.

On a serious note, does she ever rework them for next year or do they just live in the garage until you can sneak them off to the dump?
She will rework them occasionally, but not often. The same wreath will get reused until it starts to look stressed, then total replacement is the goal. In fairness, she's more likely to terminate a wreath than I am. Most of them are tucked away in guest room closets where they don't interfere with me.

No matter how good the current stable looks, there's always room for more, though.

User avatar
JimVH
Ramone, the hair dresser with smokin' diapers
Ramone, the hair dresser with smokin' diapers
Posts: 21954
Joined: Sun May 18, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: I wasn't born in Texas, but I got here as soon as I could.
Contact:

Re: Need Help! Wreaths Everywhere!

Post by JimVH » Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:42 pm

Wreath Acquisition Disorder is often accompanied by Fence Picket Character Delusions. Fortunately, this compulsion has faded in our home, but I still have the 6' Happy Fall Y'all dude and the 4' Easter Bunny occupying space in my garage.

Image

User avatar
UncleBob
CPS Theological Dogmatician
CPS Theological Dogmatician
Posts: 35374
Joined: Tue Aug 03, 2004 6:00 pm
Location: Lubbock, TX USA
Contact:

Re: Need Help! Wreaths Everywhere!

Post by UncleBob » Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:45 pm

JimVH wrote:
Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:42 pm
Wreath Acquisition Disorder is often accompanied by Fence Picket Character Delusions. Fortunately, this compulsion has faded in our home, but I still have the 6' Happy Fall Y'all dude and the 4' Easter Bunny occupying space in my garage.

Image
Great Scott! I've not seen that before and hopefully she won't either.
"One man's theology is another man's belly laugh." - Robert A. Heinlein

"Many of the points here, taken to their logical conclusions, don't hold up to logic; they're simply Godded-up ways of saying "I don't like that." - Skip

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please." -Mark Twain

User avatar
FredS
Really, really likes watching kids fish.
Really, really likes watching kids fish.
Posts: 21191
Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: NOCO (Northern Colorado)

Re: Need Help! Wreaths Everywhere!

Post by FredS » Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:55 pm

JimVH wrote:
Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:42 pm
Wreath Acquisition Disorder is often accompanied by Fence Picket Character Delusions. Fortunately, this compulsion has faded in our home, but I still have the 6' Happy Fall Y'all dude and the 4' Easter Bunny occupying space in my garage.

Image
We have Baby Jesus, Mary, and Joseph.
Last edited by FredS on Mon Sep 17, 2018 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"If we ever get to heaven boys, it aint because we aint done nothin' wrong" - Kris Kristofferson

"One of the things I love about CPS is the frank and enthusiastic dysfunction here. God help me, I do love it so." – OldWorldSwine

"I'd like to put a hook in that puppet and swing it through a bunch of salmon!" - durangopipe

User avatar
UncleBob
CPS Theological Dogmatician
CPS Theological Dogmatician
Posts: 35374
Joined: Tue Aug 03, 2004 6:00 pm
Location: Lubbock, TX USA
Contact:

Re: Need Help! Wreaths Everywhere!

Post by UncleBob » Mon Sep 17, 2018 2:05 pm

Image
"One man's theology is another man's belly laugh." - Robert A. Heinlein

"Many of the points here, taken to their logical conclusions, don't hold up to logic; they're simply Godded-up ways of saying "I don't like that." - Skip

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please." -Mark Twain

User avatar
durangopipe
Under-secretary to the Minister of Pipe Breaking
Under-secretary to the Minister of Pipe Breaking
Posts: 5916
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2016 3:58 pm
Location: Southwest Colorado

Re: Need Help! Wreaths Everywhere!

Post by durangopipe » Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:47 pm

Us married guys crack me up.
. . . be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God in Christ forgave you. Ephesians 4:32 (NKJV)

The most improper job of any man, even saints, is bossing other men. Not one in a million is fit for it, and least of all those who seek the opportunity.. J.R.R. Tolkien

2017 Morley - Outstanding BRATASS of the Year

User avatar
coco
Uniquely Duggish
Uniquely Duggish
Posts: 28502
Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: Sweet Home Alabama
Contact:

Re: Need Help! Wreaths Everywhere!

Post by coco » Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:52 pm

Start making your own wreaths

Man Wreath 1
Image
"Like a gold ring in a pig's snout is a cob with a forever lucite stem." (Pipverbs 1:1)
"No more signatures that quote other CPS members." - Thunk

User avatar
coco
Uniquely Duggish
Uniquely Duggish
Posts: 28502
Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: Sweet Home Alabama
Contact:

Re: Need Help! Wreaths Everywhere!

Post by coco » Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:56 pm

Man Wreath 2
Image
"Like a gold ring in a pig's snout is a cob with a forever lucite stem." (Pipverbs 1:1)
"No more signatures that quote other CPS members." - Thunk

User avatar
JohnnyMcPiperson
I want one of those
I want one of those
Posts: 8052
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Near the Sunken Road, VA

Re: Need Help! Wreaths Everywhere!

Post by JohnnyMcPiperson » Sun Sep 23, 2018 7:13 am

UncleBob wrote:
coco wrote:
Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:26 pm
Ask for an International Pipe Smoking Day wreath.
What's that? Wife's wreath box pass you say?

Image
Secret Santa, just send them to random unsuspecting CPSers.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Pleasures are shafts of the glory as it strikes our sensibility... Make every pleasure into a channel of adoration." ~C.S. Lewis

User avatar
FredS
Really, really likes watching kids fish.
Really, really likes watching kids fish.
Posts: 21191
Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: NOCO (Northern Colorado)

Re: Need Help! Wreaths Everywhere!

Post by FredS » Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:20 pm

+JMJ+ (with killroy noses?)
Image
"If we ever get to heaven boys, it aint because we aint done nothin' wrong" - Kris Kristofferson

"One of the things I love about CPS is the frank and enthusiastic dysfunction here. God help me, I do love it so." – OldWorldSwine

"I'd like to put a hook in that puppet and swing it through a bunch of salmon!" - durangopipe

User avatar
Jocose
a large Chinese man named Wu
a large Chinese man named Wu
Posts: 20902
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Moonbase Alpha
Contact:

Re: Need Help! Wreaths Everywhere!

Post by Jocose » Mon Sep 24, 2018 2:31 pm

FredS wrote:
Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:20 pm
+JMJ+ (with killroy noses?)
Image
:lol:
"And for Freds sake, DO NOT point anyone towards CPS or you'll put them off of both Christianity and pipe smoking forever." ~ FredS



Image

User avatar
UncleBob
CPS Theological Dogmatician
CPS Theological Dogmatician
Posts: 35374
Joined: Tue Aug 03, 2004 6:00 pm
Location: Lubbock, TX USA
Contact:

Re: Need Help! Wreaths Everywhere!

Post by UncleBob » Tue Nov 06, 2018 2:56 pm

Last week more wreaths popped up.
"One man's theology is another man's belly laugh." - Robert A. Heinlein

"Many of the points here, taken to their logical conclusions, don't hold up to logic; they're simply Godded-up ways of saying "I don't like that." - Skip

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please." -Mark Twain

User avatar
gaining_age
What's-his-name - President: Devo Fan Club Intl
What's-his-name - President: Devo Fan Club Intl
Posts: 15809
Joined: Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:00 pm
Location: sun soaked Arizona

Re: Need Help! Wreaths Everywhere!

Post by gaining_age » Tue Nov 06, 2018 3:02 pm

UncleBob wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 2:56 pm
Last week more wreaths popped up.
Does that mean wreath hunting season is around the corner?
Out of control odd rare old man (or possibly an hobbyist). -- Label by The Big R.
The 6s of 1st John:
2:6 Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus walked
3:6 No one who lives in him keeps on sinning

User avatar
JimVH
Ramone, the hair dresser with smokin' diapers
Ramone, the hair dresser with smokin' diapers
Posts: 21954
Joined: Sun May 18, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: I wasn't born in Texas, but I got here as soon as I could.
Contact:

Re: Need Help! Wreaths Everywhere!

Post by JimVH » Tue Nov 06, 2018 3:43 pm

Yep, we are wreathed-out, yet we just ordered two giant fresh wreaths from the Boy Scouts.


You know... because.

User avatar
UncleBob
CPS Theological Dogmatician
CPS Theological Dogmatician
Posts: 35374
Joined: Tue Aug 03, 2004 6:00 pm
Location: Lubbock, TX USA
Contact:

Re: Need Help! Wreaths Everywhere!

Post by UncleBob » Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:27 pm

Image
"One man's theology is another man's belly laugh." - Robert A. Heinlein

"Many of the points here, taken to their logical conclusions, don't hold up to logic; they're simply Godded-up ways of saying "I don't like that." - Skip

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please." -Mark Twain

User avatar
Jocose
a large Chinese man named Wu
a large Chinese man named Wu
Posts: 20902
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Moonbase Alpha
Contact:

Re: Need Help! Wreaths Everywhere!

Post by Jocose » Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:09 pm

Image
"And for Freds sake, DO NOT point anyone towards CPS or you'll put them off of both Christianity and pipe smoking forever." ~ FredS



Image

User avatar
Jocose
a large Chinese man named Wu
a large Chinese man named Wu
Posts: 20902
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Moonbase Alpha
Contact:

Re: Need Help! Wreaths Everywhere!

Post by Jocose » Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:11 pm

Image
"And for Freds sake, DO NOT point anyone towards CPS or you'll put them off of both Christianity and pipe smoking forever." ~ FredS



Image

Post Reply