Amazon Gold

The part of the church where the silliest things happen. Conversations that sound like they belong in the youth room will be moved here.
Jester
Brother of Tuttle
Brother of Tuttle

Re: Amazon Gold

Post by Jester » Mon Jan 13, 2020 12:47 pm

Man Rampant
Pumpkin Ale is more American than apple pie! -Tuttle

"It's funny how Big-Pharma was so evil until now." -Norm MacDonald

JimVH
Boop Totesadorbs' Dad
Boop Totesadorbs' Dad
Location: I wasn't born in Texas, but I got here as soon as I could.

Post by JimVH » Mon Jan 13, 2020 1:21 pm

Heartland

Family oriented life drama about a rural Canadian horse ranch family in the foothills of the Rockies. It's been a nice break from the twisted darkness I usually gravitate to on television. We're half way through the almost two hundred episodes and I've been exposed to so much Canadian wholesomeness that I've been adding extra vowels to my words and I plan to apply for dual citizenship, eh.
"The days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, I have really good days." Ray Wylie Hubbard

tuttle
Tomnoddy Attercop
Tomnoddy Attercop

Post by tuttle » Mon Jan 13, 2020 1:59 pm

JimVH wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 1:21 pm
Heartland

Family oriented life drama about a rural Canadian horse ranch family in the foothills of the Rockies. It's been a nice break from the twisted darkness I usually gravitate to on television. We're half way through the almost two hundred episodes and I've been exposed to so much Canadian wholesomeness that I've been adding extra vowels to my words and I plan to apply for dual citizenship, eh.
My daughters are really into this show.

So you have that in common with them.
"The Evangelium has not abrogated legends; it has hallowed them" -JRR Tolkien

"Better to die cheerfully with the aid of a little tobacco, than to live disagreeably and remorseful without." -CS Lewis

JimVH
Boop Totesadorbs' Dad
Boop Totesadorbs' Dad

Post by JimVH » Mon Jan 13, 2020 2:58 pm

tuttle wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 1:59 pm
JimVH wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 1:21 pm
Heartland

My daughters are really into this show.

So you have that in common with them.
Gee, thanks?
"The days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, I have really good days." Ray Wylie Hubbard

ryland
More of this
More of this

Post by ryland » Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:31 am

Just got through season 4 of the Expanse. Outstanding show.
"Clothes make the man. Naked people have little to no influence on society." Mark Twain

ReverendThom
Minister of Murses
Minister of Murses

Post by ReverendThom » Sun Feb 02, 2020 3:14 am

I can't believe The Patriot has not been mentioned, yet.

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

"Pipe smokers used to be among the smartest people walking around. It's not true anymore." - Rusty

JimVH
Boop Totesadorbs' Dad
Boop Totesadorbs' Dad

Post by JimVH » Sun May 24, 2020 9:39 am

One word: Velocipastor

In all fairness, I haven’t seen it, yet. I’m having a watch party with a couple of grandsons. What could go wrong?
Wikipedia wrote:After losing his parents, pastor Doug Jones travels to China and becomes infected by an artifact, resulting in him turning into a velociraptor when he becomes angry. At first horrified by this new power, under the direction of a prostitute he decides to fight crime and kill criminals, including drug-dealing ninjas, by using his transformation. During his mission, the pastor travels the world.

gaining_age
Minister of Boogie Dancing
Minister of Boogie Dancing

Post by gaining_age » Sun May 24, 2020 10:47 am

Dave made a maze. it's got adult language and some innuendos-- watcher beware. Yet, it captures the quarantine mindset very well.
Dave wrote: I wasn't striving for anything. I just wanted to make something. And I can't sit on my couch and watch t.v. or think that the internet is going to inspire me because I'm @&#@)(%* thirty years old. And my parents are still giving me money. And I bore the !@#%! out of them. And I work jobs that I hate that I have to beg to get. Do you know what it means to be broke? It means that you are broken. That you don't work.

It's like a pseudo slasher movie with cardboard blood (or yarn blood) and mild suspense. The concept may be better than the result... yet it's very 2020.

Out of control odd rare old man (or possibly an hobbyist). -- Label by The Big R.
The 6s of 1st John:
2:6 Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus walked
3:6 No one who lives in him keeps on sinning

coco
Uniquely Duggish
Uniquely Duggish

Post by coco » Mon May 25, 2020 9:35 am

Good Omens
"I call [coco] 'barely passable heretic.'" - HugoDrax

There are many terrible attributes of the lowly cob. Not the least of them is that it makes you look like a doof.

John-Boy
I'm a lover and I'm a sinner
I'm a lover and I'm a sinner

Post by John-Boy » Mon May 25, 2020 9:42 am

The Durrells - This six-part adaptation of Gerald Durrell's "My Family and Other Animals" and its two sequels features Keeley Hawes as Louisa Durrell, a widow who moves her family from England to the Greek island of Corfu in 1935. The miniseries -- inspired by the real-life adventures of Durrell's family -- also features Josh O'Connor as eldest son, Larry; newcomer Callum Woodhouse as son Leslie; Daisy Waterstone as teenage daughter Margo, and Milo Parker as 11-year-old Gerry. Alexis Georgoulis, Yorgos Karamihos and Ulric von der Esch round out the cast.
Praying - coco
Sometimes memes can be helpful as well as humorous - Jocose
Yer mom is kindhearted and well respected in her community - JMG
And when I am sitting on my new saddle, I will know that my weight is resting upon the collective minds of CPS - GaryinVa

ChildOfGod
The Artist Formerly Known as ShellBriar
The Artist Formerly Known as ShellBriar

Post by ChildOfGod » Fri Jun 05, 2020 11:11 pm

This one needs a little intro or maybe I feel I’m going out on a limb a bit. You and I may not agree with everything in it, but most would come away with a sense that it’s important and it’s predictions were spot on though they were made 40 years ago.

How Should We Then Live? by Dr. Francis Schaeffer

"What's wrong with you people? " - R.C. Sproul