2018 CPS Awards--The Morleys!

The part of the church where the silliest things happen. Conversations that sound like they belong in the youth room will be moved here.
Post Reply
User avatar
Jester
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 1571
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2016 1:10 pm
Location: Missouri

Re: 2018 CPS Awards--The Morleys!

Post by Jester » Thu Dec 20, 2018 1:18 pm

John-Boy wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 1:16 pm
Jester wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 1:15 pm
John-Boy wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 12:17 pm
Time for a rival awards show.
What is the name?
Country Pipe Awards?
Lots of overalls and cobs and stuff?
I like the sound of that. Will there be moonshine from a clay jug?
Pumpkin Ale is more American than apple pie! -Tuttle

"O Christmas Tree is going to be a dirge in his home this year I fear."

We almost solved the Mary issue. -FredS

User avatar
John-Boy
I'm a lover and I'm a sinner
I'm a lover and I'm a sinner
Posts: 33219
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2003 6:00 pm
Contact:

Re: 2018 CPS Awards--The Morleys!

Post by John-Boy » Thu Dec 20, 2018 1:22 pm

Jester wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 1:18 pm
John-Boy wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 1:16 pm
Jester wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 1:15 pm
John-Boy wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 12:17 pm
Time for a rival awards show.
What is the name?
Country Pipe Awards?
Lots of overalls and cobs and stuff?
I like the sound of that. Will there be moonshine from a clay jug?
Same as always.
Praying - coco
Sometimes memes can be helpful as well as humorous - Jocose
Yer mom is kindhearted and well respected in her community - JMG
And when I am sitting on my new saddle, I will know that my weight is resting upon the collective minds of CPS - GaryinVa

User avatar
Roadmaster
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 13379
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 6:00 pm
Location: Missouri The Show-me State

Re: 2018 CPS Awards--The Morleys!

Post by Roadmaster » Thu Dec 20, 2018 1:34 pm

John-Boy wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 1:22 pm
Jester wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 1:18 pm
John-Boy wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 1:16 pm
Jester wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 1:15 pm
John-Boy wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 12:17 pm
Time for a rival awards show.
What is the name?
Country Pipe Awards?
Lots of overalls and cobs and stuff?
I like the sound of that. Will there be moonshine from a clay jug?
Same as always.
Ity doesn't get better than overalls, cobs, moonshine, and oxford commas.

User avatar
John-Boy
I'm a lover and I'm a sinner
I'm a lover and I'm a sinner
Posts: 33219
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2003 6:00 pm
Contact:

Re: 2018 CPS Awards--The Morleys!

Post by John-Boy » Thu Dec 20, 2018 1:37 pm

Roadmaster wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 1:34 pm
John-Boy wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 1:22 pm
Jester wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 1:18 pm
John-Boy wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 1:16 pm
Jester wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 1:15 pm
John-Boy wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 12:17 pm
Time for a rival awards show.
What is the name?
Country Pipe Awards?
Lots of overalls and cobs and stuff?
I like the sound of that. Will there be moonshine from a clay jug?
Same as always.
Ity doesn't get better than overalls, cobs, moonshine, and oxford commas.
Award shows always put me in a comma.
Praying - coco
Sometimes memes can be helpful as well as humorous - Jocose
Yer mom is kindhearted and well respected in her community - JMG
And when I am sitting on my new saddle, I will know that my weight is resting upon the collective minds of CPS - GaryinVa

User avatar
hugodrax
A Complete Kneebiter
A Complete Kneebiter
Posts: 17442
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:00 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Contact:

Re: 2018 CPS Awards--The Morleys!

Post by hugodrax » Thu Dec 20, 2018 1:46 pm

Roadmaster wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 1:34 pm
John-Boy wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 1:22 pm
Jester wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 1:18 pm
John-Boy wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 1:16 pm
Jester wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 1:15 pm
John-Boy wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 12:17 pm
Time for a rival awards show.
What is the name?
Country Pipe Awards?
Lots of overalls and cobs and stuff?
I like the sound of that. Will there be moonshine from a clay jug?
Same as always.
Ity doesn't get better than overalls, cobs, moonshine, and oxford commas.
You're my kind of people, Tick Farmer. C'mon over, theres a place set for you.

Cutlery goes from outside in, anybody gives you a hard time you let me know.
Etiam mihi opinio anserem perirent.

User avatar
Roadmaster
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 13379
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 6:00 pm
Location: Missouri The Show-me State

Re: 2018 CPS Awards--The Morleys!

Post by Roadmaster » Thu Dec 20, 2018 2:00 pm

hugodrax wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 1:46 pm
Roadmaster wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 1:34 pm
John-Boy wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 1:22 pm
Jester wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 1:18 pm
John-Boy wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 1:16 pm
Jester wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 1:15 pm
John-Boy wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 12:17 pm
Time for a rival awards show.
What is the name?
Country Pipe Awards?
Lots of overalls and cobs and stuff?
I like the sound of that. Will there be moonshine from a clay jug?
Same as always.
Ity doesn't get better than overalls, cobs, moonshine, and oxford commas.
You're my kind of people, Tick Farmer. C'mon over, theres a place set for you.

Cutlery goes from outside in, anybody gives you a hard time you let me know.
Thanks! Should fried chicken be eaten with the fingers or should the fingers be eaten separately?

User avatar
hugodrax
A Complete Kneebiter
A Complete Kneebiter
Posts: 17442
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:00 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Contact:

Re: 2018 CPS Awards--The Morleys!

Post by hugodrax » Thu Dec 20, 2018 2:27 pm

Roadmaster wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 2:00 pm
hugodrax wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 1:46 pm
Roadmaster wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 1:34 pm
John-Boy wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 1:22 pm
Jester wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 1:18 pm
John-Boy wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 1:16 pm
Jester wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 1:15 pm
John-Boy wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 12:17 pm
Time for a rival awards show.
What is the name?
Country Pipe Awards?
Lots of overalls and cobs and stuff?
I like the sound of that. Will there be moonshine from a clay jug?
Same as always.
Ity doesn't get better than overalls, cobs, moonshine, and oxford commas.
You're my kind of people, Tick Farmer. C'mon over, theres a place set for you.

Cutlery goes from outside in, anybody gives you a hard time you let me know.
Thanks! Should fried chicken be eaten with the fingers or should the fingers be eaten separately?
Separately, I’d say, if they should be eaten at all. I’m no expert, however.
Etiam mihi opinio anserem perirent.

User avatar
Jocose
a large Chinese man named Wu
a large Chinese man named Wu
Posts: 21284
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Moonbase Alpha
Contact:

Re: 2018 CPS Awards--The Morleys!

Post by Jocose » Thu Dec 20, 2018 2:58 pm

Did I win?
"And for Freds sake, DO NOT point anyone towards CPS or you'll put them off of both Christianity and pipe smoking forever." ~ FredS



Image

User avatar
coco
Uniquely Duggish
Uniquely Duggish
Posts: 28890
Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: Sweet Home Alabama
Contact:

Re: 2018 CPS Awards--The Morleys!

Post by coco » Thu Dec 20, 2018 6:28 pm

Jocose wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 2:58 pm
Did I win?
Perhaps.



Perhaps not.
"Like a gold ring in a pig's snout is a cob with a forever lucite stem." (Pipverbs 1:1)
"No more signatures that quote other CPS members." - Thunk

User avatar
Jocose
a large Chinese man named Wu
a large Chinese man named Wu
Posts: 21284
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Moonbase Alpha
Contact:

Re: 2018 CPS Awards--The Morleys!

Post by Jocose » Thu Dec 20, 2018 7:34 pm

coco wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 6:28 pm
Jocose wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 2:58 pm
Did I win?
Perhaps.



Perhaps not.
A simple yes or no will suffice
"And for Freds sake, DO NOT point anyone towards CPS or you'll put them off of both Christianity and pipe smoking forever." ~ FredS



Image

User avatar
Sir Moose
President Jar-Jar Binks fan club: "Meesa tink he da best!" - Perpetually in Trouble
President Jar-Jar Binks fan club: "Meesa tink he da best!" - Perpetually in Trouble
Posts: 3409
Joined: Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:17 am
Location: NW Washington (not Canada)
Contact:

Re: 2018 CPS Awards--The Morleys!

Post by Sir Moose » Thu Dec 20, 2018 7:40 pm

Jocose wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 7:34 pm
coco wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 6:28 pm
Jocose wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 2:58 pm
Did I win?
Perhaps.



Perhaps not.
A simple yes or no will suffice
yes or no
In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they are not.

User avatar
coco
Uniquely Duggish
Uniquely Duggish
Posts: 28890
Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: Sweet Home Alabama
Contact:

Re: 2018 CPS Awards--The Morleys!

Post by coco » Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:48 pm

Start photoshopping your red carpet pictures, gentlemen.
"Like a gold ring in a pig's snout is a cob with a forever lucite stem." (Pipverbs 1:1)
"No more signatures that quote other CPS members." - Thunk

User avatar
Jocose
a large Chinese man named Wu
a large Chinese man named Wu
Posts: 21284
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Moonbase Alpha
Contact:

Re: 2018 CPS Awards--The Morleys!

Post by Jocose » Thu Dec 20, 2018 11:46 pm

Sir Moose wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 7:40 pm
Jocose wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 7:34 pm
coco wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 6:28 pm
Jocose wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 2:58 pm
Did I win?
Perhaps.



Perhaps not.
A simple yes or no will suffice
yes or no
Either or
"And for Freds sake, DO NOT point anyone towards CPS or you'll put them off of both Christianity and pipe smoking forever." ~ FredS



Image

User avatar
tuttle
Brother of the Briar
Brother of the Briar
Posts: 13315
Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Middle-west
Contact:

Re: 2018 CPS Awards--The Morleys!

Post by tuttle » Fri Dec 21, 2018 7:36 am

Jocose wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 11:46 pm
Sir Moose wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 7:40 pm
Jocose wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 7:34 pm
coco wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 6:28 pm
Jocose wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 2:58 pm
Did I win?
Perhaps.



Perhaps not.
A simple yes or no will suffice
yes or no
Either or
Either
Christmas is Yule, dummies! We're doing the same thing, just better!

"Better to die cheerfully with the aid of a little tobacco, than to live disagreeably and remorseful without." -CS Lewis

User avatar
coco
Uniquely Duggish
Uniquely Duggish
Posts: 28890
Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: Sweet Home Alabama
Contact:

Re: 2018 CPS Awards--The Morleys!

Post by coco » Fri Dec 21, 2018 9:24 am

tuttle wrote:
Fri Dec 21, 2018 7:36 am
Jocose wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 11:46 pm
Sir Moose wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 7:40 pm
Jocose wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 7:34 pm
coco wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 6:28 pm
Jocose wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 2:58 pm
Did I win?
Perhaps.



Perhaps not.
A simple yes or no will suffice
yes or no
Either or
Either
Either yes or no or no or yes
"Like a gold ring in a pig's snout is a cob with a forever lucite stem." (Pipverbs 1:1)
"No more signatures that quote other CPS members." - Thunk

User avatar
JimVH
Ramone, the hair dresser with smokin' diapers
Ramone, the hair dresser with smokin' diapers
Posts: 22369
Joined: Sun May 18, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: I wasn't born in Texas, but I got here as soon as I could.
Contact:

Re: 2018 CPS Awards--The Morleys!

Post by JimVH » Fri Dec 21, 2018 1:58 pm

coco wrote:
Fri Dec 21, 2018 9:24 am
tuttle wrote:
Fri Dec 21, 2018 7:36 am
Jocose wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 11:46 pm
Sir Moose wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 7:40 pm
Jocose wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 7:34 pm
coco wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 6:28 pm
Jocose wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 2:58 pm
Did I win?
Perhaps.



Perhaps not.
A simple yes or no will suffice
yes or no
Either or
Either
Either yes or no or no or yes
A definite maybe.

User avatar
gaining_age
What's-his-name - President: Devo Fan Club Intl
What's-his-name - President: Devo Fan Club Intl
Posts: 16062
Joined: Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:00 pm
Location: sun soaked Arizona

Re: 2018 CPS Awards--The Morleys!

Post by gaining_age » Fri Dec 21, 2018 2:33 pm

JimVH wrote:
Fri Dec 21, 2018 1:58 pm
coco wrote:
Fri Dec 21, 2018 9:24 am
tuttle wrote:
Fri Dec 21, 2018 7:36 am
Jocose wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 11:46 pm
Sir Moose wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 7:40 pm
Jocose wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 7:34 pm
coco wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 6:28 pm
Jocose wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 2:58 pm
Did I win?
Perhaps.



Perhaps not.
A simple yes or no will suffice
yes or no
Either or
Either
Either yes or no or no or yes
A definite maybe.
The term is "XOR" -- exclusive or.

Image
Out of control odd rare old man (or possibly an hobbyist). -- Label by The Big R.
The 6s of 1st John:
2:6 Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus walked
3:6 No one who lives in him keeps on sinning

User avatar
Jocose
a large Chinese man named Wu
a large Chinese man named Wu
Posts: 21284
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Moonbase Alpha
Contact:

Re: 2018 CPS Awards--The Morleys!

Post by Jocose » Fri Dec 21, 2018 4:19 pm

gaining_age wrote:
Fri Dec 21, 2018 2:33 pm
JimVH wrote:
Fri Dec 21, 2018 1:58 pm
coco wrote:
Fri Dec 21, 2018 9:24 am
tuttle wrote:
Fri Dec 21, 2018 7:36 am
Jocose wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 11:46 pm
Sir Moose wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 7:40 pm
Jocose wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 7:34 pm
coco wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 6:28 pm
Jocose wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 2:58 pm
Did I win?
Perhaps.



Perhaps not.
A simple yes or no will suffice
yes or no
Either or
Either
Either yes or no or no or yes
A definite maybe.
The term is "XOR" -- exclusive or.

Image
How about checking just one box to answer the original question?

[] Yes
[] No
"And for Freds sake, DO NOT point anyone towards CPS or you'll put them off of both Christianity and pipe smoking forever." ~ FredS



Image

User avatar
hugodrax
A Complete Kneebiter
A Complete Kneebiter
Posts: 17442
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:00 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Contact:

Re: 2018 CPS Awards--The Morleys!

Post by hugodrax » Fri Dec 21, 2018 4:52 pm

UncleBob wrote:
Tue Nov 27, 2018 3:29 pm
FredS wrote:
Tue Nov 27, 2018 3:28 pm
Miscellaneous
  • Most Likely to Get Sucked In To a Waste-of-Time Dicussion with Nature of a Man Despite hugodrax's Warnings Not To and Then Feel Dirty About It and Self-Promise to Never Do It Again Only to Do It Again - FredS
Ah. The Tuesday Award. Got it.
Today is Friday. Just sayin'.
Etiam mihi opinio anserem perirent.

User avatar
gaining_age
What's-his-name - President: Devo Fan Club Intl
What's-his-name - President: Devo Fan Club Intl
Posts: 16062
Joined: Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:00 pm
Location: sun soaked Arizona

Re: 2018 CPS Awards--The Morleys!

Post by gaining_age » Fri Dec 21, 2018 5:44 pm

hugodrax wrote:
Fri Dec 21, 2018 4:52 pm
UncleBob wrote:
Tue Nov 27, 2018 3:29 pm
FredS wrote:
Tue Nov 27, 2018 3:28 pm
Miscellaneous
  • Most Likely to Get Sucked In To a Waste-of-Time Dicussion with Nature of a Man Despite hugodrax's Warnings Not To and Then Feel Dirty About It and Self-Promise to Never Do It Again Only to Do It Again - FredS
Ah. The Tuesday Award. Got it.
Today is Friday. Just sayin'.

Yeah--- and I got Del into it too. Sticky wicket.
Out of control odd rare old man (or possibly an hobbyist). -- Label by The Big R.
The 6s of 1st John:
2:6 Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus walked
3:6 No one who lives in him keeps on sinning

Post Reply