POY 2019

The part of the church where the silliest things happen. Conversations that sound like they belong in the youth room will be moved here.
User avatar
John-Boy
I'm a lover and I'm a sinner
I'm a lover and I'm a sinner
Posts: 33259
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2003 6:00 pm
Contact:

Re: POY 2019

Post by John-Boy » Thu Jan 17, 2019 5:38 am

JimVH wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:02 pm
You people disappoint me.
I’ll puy you down for a lovat.
Praying - coco
Sometimes memes can be helpful as well as humorous - Jocose
Yer mom is kindhearted and well respected in her community - JMG
And when I am sitting on my new saddle, I will know that my weight is resting upon the collective minds of CPS - GaryinVa

User avatar
coco
Uniquely Duggish
Uniquely Duggish
Posts: 29012
Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: Sweet Home Alabama
Contact:

Re: POY 2019

Post by coco » Thu Jan 17, 2019 5:51 am

JohnnyMcPiperson wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 5:08 am
So let’s recap, a diamond shank lovat made by Tibetan monks


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Made with real diamonds.

And for under $25.
"Like a gold ring in a pig's snout is a cob with a forever lucite stem." (Pipverbs 1:1)
"No more signatures that quote other CPS members." - Thunk

User avatar
rgcurrey
Pastor
Pastor
Posts: 991
Joined: Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:49 pm
Location: NW Fla., dreaming about Montana to the Yukon

Re: POY 2019

Post by rgcurrey » Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:17 pm

coco wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 5:51 am
JohnnyMcPiperson wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 5:08 am
So let’s recap, a diamond shank lovat made by Tibetan monks


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Made with real diamonds.

And for under $25.
But I wanted mine with rubies.
Well I got a job and tried to put my money away
But I got debts that no honest man can pay - B. Springsteen

I've heard microwaved tobacco gets better if you wrap it in foil before you heat it up. - ryland
hugodrax wrote:
Sun Jan 20, 2019 12:26 pm
No unsmoked pipes. Gents, any one of us could be dead tomorrow. Smoke em if you've got em.

User avatar
hugodrax
A Complete Kneebiter
A Complete Kneebiter
Posts: 17776
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:00 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Contact:

Re: POY 2019

Post by hugodrax » Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:36 pm

rgcurrey wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:17 pm
coco wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 5:51 am
JohnnyMcPiperson wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 5:08 am
So let’s recap, a diamond shank lovat made by Tibetan monks


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Made with real diamonds.

And for under $25.
But I wanted mine with rubies.
$30.
Anser autem inimica mea, et ego audiam silentio beatus est.

User avatar
rgcurrey
Pastor
Pastor
Posts: 991
Joined: Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:49 pm
Location: NW Fla., dreaming about Montana to the Yukon

Re: POY 2019

Post by rgcurrey » Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:39 pm

hugodrax wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:36 pm
rgcurrey wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:17 pm
coco wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 5:51 am
JohnnyMcPiperson wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 5:08 am
So let’s recap, a diamond shank lovat made by Tibetan monks


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Made with real diamonds.

And for under $25.
But I wanted mine with rubies.
$30.
Oh man, five extra dollars, that's not fair.
Well I got a job and tried to put my money away
But I got debts that no honest man can pay - B. Springsteen

I've heard microwaved tobacco gets better if you wrap it in foil before you heat it up. - ryland
hugodrax wrote:
Sun Jan 20, 2019 12:26 pm
No unsmoked pipes. Gents, any one of us could be dead tomorrow. Smoke em if you've got em.

User avatar
coco
Uniquely Duggish
Uniquely Duggish
Posts: 29012
Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: Sweet Home Alabama
Contact:

Re: POY 2019

Post by coco » Thu Jan 17, 2019 2:26 pm

rgcurrey wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:39 pm
hugodrax wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:36 pm
rgcurrey wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:17 pm
coco wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 5:51 am
JohnnyMcPiperson wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 5:08 am
So let’s recap, a diamond shank lovat made by Tibetan monks


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Made with real diamonds.

And for under $25.
But I wanted mine with rubies.
$30.
Oh man, five extra dollars, that's not fair.
Fiiiiiine. $25.
"Like a gold ring in a pig's snout is a cob with a forever lucite stem." (Pipverbs 1:1)
"No more signatures that quote other CPS members." - Thunk

User avatar
hugodrax
A Complete Kneebiter
A Complete Kneebiter
Posts: 17776
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:00 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Contact:

Re: POY 2019

Post by hugodrax » Thu Jan 17, 2019 3:19 pm

This is the part I hate the most in the process. I find little difficulty in not buying the final choice. I'm just always surprised that nobody else wants a 1920's era shell briar dunhill Lovat for $25.00.

Philistines. Buncha' philistines.
Anser autem inimica mea, et ego audiam silentio beatus est.

User avatar
coco
Uniquely Duggish
Uniquely Duggish
Posts: 29012
Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: Sweet Home Alabama
Contact:

Re: POY 2019

Post by coco » Thu Jan 17, 2019 3:42 pm

hugodrax wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 3:19 pm
This is the part I hate the most in the process. I find little difficulty in not buying the final choice. I'm just always surprised that nobody else wants a 1920's era shell briar dunhill Lovat for $25.00.

Philistines. Buncha' philistines.
I'm cool with that if the Tibetan diamond and rubies thing doesn't work out.
"Like a gold ring in a pig's snout is a cob with a forever lucite stem." (Pipverbs 1:1)
"No more signatures that quote other CPS members." - Thunk

User avatar
John-Boy
I'm a lover and I'm a sinner
I'm a lover and I'm a sinner
Posts: 33259
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2003 6:00 pm
Contact:

Re: POY 2019

Post by John-Boy » Thu Jan 17, 2019 3:51 pm

I’ll put you down for a lovat.
Praying - coco
Sometimes memes can be helpful as well as humorous - Jocose
Yer mom is kindhearted and well respected in her community - JMG
And when I am sitting on my new saddle, I will know that my weight is resting upon the collective minds of CPS - GaryinVa

User avatar
hugodrax
A Complete Kneebiter
A Complete Kneebiter
Posts: 17776
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:00 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Contact:

Re: POY 2019

Post by hugodrax » Thu Jan 17, 2019 4:24 pm

John, you have some power here. Make it so.
Anser autem inimica mea, et ego audiam silentio beatus est.

User avatar
durangopipe
Under-secretary to the Minister of Pipe Breaking
Under-secretary to the Minister of Pipe Breaking
Posts: 6467
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2016 3:58 pm
Location: Southwest Colorado

Re: POY 2019

Post by durangopipe » Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:39 pm

This is the Lovat we’re getting?

Image
. . . be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God in Christ forgave you. Ephesians 4:32 (NKJV)

The most improper job of any man, even saints, is bossing other men. Not one in a million is fit for it, and least of all those who seek the opportunity.. J.R.R. Tolkien

2017 Morley - Outstanding BRATASS of the Year

User avatar
hugodrax
A Complete Kneebiter
A Complete Kneebiter
Posts: 17776
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:00 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Contact:

Re: POY 2019

Post by hugodrax » Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:02 pm

durangopipe wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:39 pm
This is the Lovat we’re getting?

Image
Nah, that's Zwingli's pipe.
Anser autem inimica mea, et ego audiam silentio beatus est.

User avatar
durangopipe
Under-secretary to the Minister of Pipe Breaking
Under-secretary to the Minister of Pipe Breaking
Posts: 6467
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2016 3:58 pm
Location: Southwest Colorado

Re: POY 2019

Post by durangopipe » Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:10 pm

hugodrax wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:02 pm
durangopipe wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:39 pm
This is the Lovat we’re getting?

Image
Nah, that's Zwingli's pipe.
:rotfl:
. . . be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God in Christ forgave you. Ephesians 4:32 (NKJV)

The most improper job of any man, even saints, is bossing other men. Not one in a million is fit for it, and least of all those who seek the opportunity.. J.R.R. Tolkien

2017 Morley - Outstanding BRATASS of the Year

User avatar
Goose55
Bartleby the Scrivener
Bartleby the Scrivener
Posts: 8162
Joined: Thu Feb 11, 2016 6:44 pm
Location: Southern Arizona, U.S.A.

Re: POY 2019

Post by Goose55 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:44 pm

durangopipe wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:10 pm
hugodrax wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:02 pm
durangopipe wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:39 pm
This is the Lovat we’re getting?

Image
Nah, that's Zwingli's pipe.
:rotfl:
Not a pipe I am interested in, for sure. It is a monstrosity
"At present we're on the wrong side of the door. But all the pages of the New Testament are rustling with the rumor that it will not always be so." ~ C.S. Lewis

User avatar
GaryInVA
Cheesecake Wizard
Cheesecake Wizard
Posts: 3936
Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2010 6:00 pm
Location: Bryan/College Station, TX

Re: POY 2019

Post by GaryInVA » Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:47 pm

Goose55 wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:44 pm
durangopipe wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:10 pm
hugodrax wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:02 pm
durangopipe wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:39 pm
This is the Lovat we’re getting?

Image
Nah, that's Zwingli's pipe.
:rotfl:
Not a pipe I am interested in, for sure. It is a monstrosity
I'm not even smoking right now but I'll buy one of these for $30.
hugodrax wrote:
Fri Apr 06, 2018 4:19 pm
This, gentlemen, is what it feels like when doves cry.
Even though I can't smoke at this time, for some reason I like this place.

User avatar
UncleBob
CPS Theological Dogmatician
CPS Theological Dogmatician
Posts: 36128
Joined: Tue Aug 03, 2004 6:00 pm
Location: Lubbock, TX USA
Contact:

Re: POY 2019

Post by UncleBob » Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:57 pm

Image
Peterson Aran Nickel Mount (53)
$92
"One man's theology is another man's belly laugh." - Robert A. Heinlein

"Many of the points here, taken to their logical conclusions, don't hold up to logic; they're simply Godded-up ways of saying "I don't like that." - Skip

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please." -Mark Twain

User avatar
UncleBob
CPS Theological Dogmatician
CPS Theological Dogmatician
Posts: 36128
Joined: Tue Aug 03, 2004 6:00 pm
Location: Lubbock, TX USA
Contact:

Re: POY 2019

Post by UncleBob » Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:58 pm

Image
Peterson Aran Nickel Mount (80S)
$92
"One man's theology is another man's belly laugh." - Robert A. Heinlein

"Many of the points here, taken to their logical conclusions, don't hold up to logic; they're simply Godded-up ways of saying "I don't like that." - Skip

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please." -Mark Twain

User avatar
rgcurrey
Pastor
Pastor
Posts: 991
Joined: Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:49 pm
Location: NW Fla., dreaming about Montana to the Yukon

Re: POY 2019

Post by rgcurrey » Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:00 pm

But Bob, neither of those are dublins. (Nor do I see diamonds or rubies).
Well I got a job and tried to put my money away
But I got debts that no honest man can pay - B. Springsteen

I've heard microwaved tobacco gets better if you wrap it in foil before you heat it up. - ryland
hugodrax wrote:
Sun Jan 20, 2019 12:26 pm
No unsmoked pipes. Gents, any one of us could be dead tomorrow. Smoke em if you've got em.

User avatar
UncleBob
CPS Theological Dogmatician
CPS Theological Dogmatician
Posts: 36128
Joined: Tue Aug 03, 2004 6:00 pm
Location: Lubbock, TX USA
Contact:

Re: POY 2019

Post by UncleBob » Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:01 pm

rgcurrey wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:00 pm
But Bob, neither of those are dublins. (Nor do I see diamonds or rubies).
Image
"One man's theology is another man's belly laugh." - Robert A. Heinlein

"Many of the points here, taken to their logical conclusions, don't hold up to logic; they're simply Godded-up ways of saying "I don't like that." - Skip

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please." -Mark Twain

User avatar
John-Boy
I'm a lover and I'm a sinner
I'm a lover and I'm a sinner
Posts: 33259
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2003 6:00 pm
Contact:

Re: POY 2019

Post by John-Boy » Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:02 pm

UncleBob wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:57 pm
Image
Peterson Aran Nickel Mount (53)
$92
+engraving
Praying - coco
Sometimes memes can be helpful as well as humorous - Jocose
Yer mom is kindhearted and well respected in her community - JMG
And when I am sitting on my new saddle, I will know that my weight is resting upon the collective minds of CPS - GaryinVa

Post Reply