The Great Downtime of March 2019

The part of the church where the silliest things happen. Conversations that sound like they belong in the youth room will be moved here.
TNLawPiper
BrotherOfTheBriar YouHeartlessBastards
BrotherOfTheBriar YouHeartlessBastards
Posts: 17930
Joined: Sun Sep 14, 2008 6:00 pm

Re: The Great Downtime of March 2019

Post by TNLawPiper » Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:37 pm

Jocose wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:04 pm
..anyhoo, to answer the question. I rode my moped about, I watched Netflix, I worked, ate, slept, drove my automobile, confronted a vagrant parked out front of my house, read various news stories, smoked, had different conversations with various people, went for several walks, prepared some chicken thighs on the Traeger, did dishes, showered, changed several Clocks, I could on and on but I'm guessing anybody reading this prolly quit reading it already.
You got a moped? Which kind?

User avatar
Jocose
a large Chinese man named Wu
a large Chinese man named Wu
Posts: 21848
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Moonbase Alpha
Contact:

Re: The Great Downtime of March 2019

Post by Jocose » Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:07 pm

TNLawPiper wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:37 pm
Jocose wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:04 pm
..anyhoo, to answer the question. I rode my moped about, I watched Netflix, I worked, ate, slept, drove my automobile, confronted a vagrant parked out front of my house, read various news stories, smoked, had different conversations with various people, went for several walks, prepared some chicken thighs on the Traeger, did dishes, showered, changed several Clocks, I could on and on but I'm guessing anybody reading this prolly quit reading it already.
You got a moped? Which kind?

Image

This is a picture of me and my machine.

Photo credit: UncleBob
"And for Freds sake, DO NOT point anyone towards CPS or you'll put them off of both Christianity and pipe smoking forever." ~ FredS

"Death Wish and its progeny are some of the greatest films of the 1970s. If one disagrees with this, he is a foolish man with no taste." ~ TNLP

Image

User avatar
Goose55
Bartleby the Scrivener
Bartleby the Scrivener
Posts: 8887
Joined: Thu Feb 11, 2016 6:44 pm
Location: Southern Arizona, U.S.A.

Re: The Great Downtime of March 2019

Post by Goose55 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:22 pm

Jocose wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:07 pm
TNLawPiper wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:37 pm
Jocose wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:04 pm
..anyhoo, to answer the question. I rode my moped about, I watched Netflix, I worked, ate, slept, drove my automobile, confronted a vagrant parked out front of my house, read various news stories, smoked, had different conversations with various people, went for several walks, prepared some chicken thighs on the Traeger, did dishes, showered, changed several Clocks, I could on and on but I'm guessing anybody reading this prolly quit reading it already.
You got a moped? Which kind?

Image

This is a picture of me and my machine.

Photo credit: UncleBob
I recognize that photo as one of your myriad of avatars
"At present we're on the wrong side of the door. But all the pages of the New Testament are rustling with the rumor that it will not always be so." ~ C.S. Lewis

User avatar
Thunktank
Terminal Lance. Perpetual Sea Lawyer. Unicorn Aficionado
Terminal Lance.  Perpetual Sea Lawyer. Unicorn Aficionado
Posts: 22266
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Home Sweet California at the Beach!

Re: The Great Downtime of March 2019

Post by Thunktank » Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:05 pm

gaining_age wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:08 pm
Jocose wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 6:53 pm
TNLawPiper wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 5:53 pm
coco wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 5:42 pm
Thunktank wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:34 pm
coco wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:30 pm
Thunktank wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:40 pm
TNLawPiper wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:24 pm
Thunktank wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:21 pm
I played Pokémon Go and found a shiny Machop. Also battled in two raids with friends.
This thread got weird a lot quicker than I expected.
Yeah, you’re a bit young to play with us. :P
I probably caught a hundred Machop during the event. No shinies.
Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
I caught mine today, at literally the last minute.
A buddy of mine caught one and evolved it to a Machamp and named it "Hulk."
I honestly never anticipated this conversation occurring on CPS, but I can’t say I am opposed to it.
I just learned about "shinies" the other day. I've transferred a bunch of them, also transferred the other kind, cant remember the name of them AT the moment.
GUYS!!! Please get vaccinated.
:rotfl:
“Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.” -Yoda

“I grew up in a church with Ned Flanders. Down to the mustache. But so did a bunch of people I assume, which makes it so fun-diddly-unny.” -tuttle

User avatar
Jester
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 1833
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2016 1:10 pm
Location: Missouri

Re: The Great Downtime of March 2019

Post by Jester » Wed Mar 13, 2019 6:43 am

TNLawPiper wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:33 pm
coco wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:30 pm
Thunktank wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:40 pm
TNLawPiper wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:24 pm
Thunktank wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:21 pm
I played Pokémon Go and found a shiny Machop. Also battled in two raids with friends.
This thread got weird a lot quicker than I expected.
Yeah, you’re a bit young to play with us. :P
I probably caught a hundred Machop during the event. No shinies.
Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
Just tried to call you. Only heard Francophones. Maybe next time.
How old are you guys?
Pumpkin Ale is more American than apple pie! -Tuttle

"O Christmas Tree is going to be a dirge in his home this year I fear."

We almost solved the Mary issue. -FredS

TNLawPiper
BrotherOfTheBriar YouHeartlessBastards
BrotherOfTheBriar YouHeartlessBastards
Posts: 17930
Joined: Sun Sep 14, 2008 6:00 pm

Re: The Great Downtime of March 2019

Post by TNLawPiper » Wed Mar 13, 2019 6:54 am

Jester wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 6:43 am
TNLawPiper wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:33 pm
coco wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:30 pm
Thunktank wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:40 pm
TNLawPiper wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:24 pm
Thunktank wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:21 pm
I played Pokémon Go and found a shiny Machop. Also battled in two raids with friends.
This thread got weird a lot quicker than I expected.
Yeah, you’re a bit young to play with us. :P
I probably caught a hundred Machop during the event. No shinies.
Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
Just tried to call you. Only heard Francophones. Maybe next time.
How old are you guys?
About your age. How old are you?

User avatar
Jester
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 1833
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2016 1:10 pm
Location: Missouri

Re: The Great Downtime of March 2019

Post by Jester » Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:02 am

TNLawPiper wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 6:54 am
Jester wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 6:43 am
TNLawPiper wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:33 pm
coco wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:30 pm
Thunktank wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:40 pm
TNLawPiper wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:24 pm
Thunktank wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:21 pm
I played Pokémon Go and found a shiny Machop. Also battled in two raids with friends.
This thread got weird a lot quicker than I expected.
Yeah, you’re a bit young to play with us. :P
I probably caught a hundred Machop during the event. No shinies.
Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
Just tried to call you. Only heard Francophones. Maybe next time.
How old are you guys?
About your age. How old are you?
About your age.
Pumpkin Ale is more American than apple pie! -Tuttle

"O Christmas Tree is going to be a dirge in his home this year I fear."

We almost solved the Mary issue. -FredS

TNLawPiper
BrotherOfTheBriar YouHeartlessBastards
BrotherOfTheBriar YouHeartlessBastards
Posts: 17930
Joined: Sun Sep 14, 2008 6:00 pm

Re: The Great Downtime of March 2019

Post by TNLawPiper » Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:24 am

Jester wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:02 am
TNLawPiper wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 6:54 am
Jester wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 6:43 am
TNLawPiper wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:33 pm
coco wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:30 pm
Thunktank wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:40 pm
TNLawPiper wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:24 pm
Thunktank wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:21 pm
I played Pokémon Go and found a shiny Machop. Also battled in two raids with friends.
This thread got weird a lot quicker than I expected.
Yeah, you’re a bit young to play with us. :P
I probably caught a hundred Machop during the event. No shinies.
Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
Just tried to call you. Only heard Francophones. Maybe next time.
How old are you guys?
About your age. How old are you?
About your age.
Cool! :wavey:

User avatar
tuttle
Brother of the Briar
Brother of the Briar
Posts: 13798
Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Middle-west
Contact:

Re: The Great Downtime of March 2019

Post by tuttle » Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:26 am

I got more work done than I normally do
"The Evangelium has not abrogated legends; it has hallowed them" -JRR Tolkien

"Better to die cheerfully with the aid of a little tobacco, than to live disagreeably and remorseful without." -CS Lewis

User avatar
Bloodhound
Cannot Abide That Devil Weed
Cannot Abide That Devil Weed
Posts: 8733
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 2010 6:00 pm
Location: Rocky Mountains / Colorado
Contact:

Re: The Great Downtime of March 2019

Post by Bloodhound » Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:51 am

tuttle wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:26 am
I got more work done than I normally do
This
Scott ( aka - Thor )
Do Justice...Love Mercy...Walk Humbly With Your GOD

User avatar
hugodrax
Wowbagger The Infinitely Prolonged
Wowbagger The Infinitely Prolonged
Posts: 18635
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:00 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Contact:

Re: The Great Downtime of March 2019

Post by hugodrax » Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:36 pm

I got less snotty than I ordinarily do.
Notre Dame de Paris, priez pour nous y comprise les Jesuites.

User avatar
Goose55
Bartleby the Scrivener
Bartleby the Scrivener
Posts: 8887
Joined: Thu Feb 11, 2016 6:44 pm
Location: Southern Arizona, U.S.A.

Re: The Great Downtime of March 2019

Post by Goose55 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:43 pm

hugodrax wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:36 pm
I got less snotty than I ordinarily do.
You mean you got less snotty than you ordinarily are?
"At present we're on the wrong side of the door. But all the pages of the New Testament are rustling with the rumor that it will not always be so." ~ C.S. Lewis

User avatar
JimVH
Ramone Rebuke VH
Ramone Rebuke VH
Posts: 23199
Joined: Sun May 18, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: I wasn't born in Texas, but I got here as soon as I could.
Contact:

Re: The Great Downtime of March 2019

Post by JimVH » Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:01 pm

Goose55 wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:43 pm
hugodrax wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:36 pm
You mean you got less snotty than you ordinarily are?
"I got less snotty than I ordinarily are" does not sound like Hugo at all. Consider "I got less snotty than I ordinarily is".

User avatar
hugodrax
Wowbagger The Infinitely Prolonged
Wowbagger The Infinitely Prolonged
Posts: 18635
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:00 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Contact:

Re: The Great Downtime of March 2019

Post by hugodrax » Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:06 pm

Thanks, Jim. Got it in one.
Notre Dame de Paris, priez pour nous y comprise les Jesuites.

User avatar
Del
Hacked by Kellyanne Conway
Hacked by Kellyanne Conway
Posts: 38562
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Madison, WI
Contact:

Re: The Great Downtime of March 2019

Post by Del » Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:29 pm

there was an outrage?
"Utter frogshit from start to finish." - Onyx

"I shall not wear a crown of gold where my Master wore a crown of thorns." - Godfrey de Bouillon

User avatar
hugodrax
Wowbagger The Infinitely Prolonged
Wowbagger The Infinitely Prolonged
Posts: 18635
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:00 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Contact:

Re: The Great Downtime of March 2019

Post by hugodrax » Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:37 pm

Del wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:29 pm
there was an outrage?
Only in Arizona.
Notre Dame de Paris, priez pour nous y comprise les Jesuites.

User avatar
Fainn
Master's of fArts
Master's of fArts
Posts: 4489
Joined: Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:48 pm
Location: Unleashing a deadly fart cloud on some unsuspecting soul

Re: The Great Downtime of March 2019

Post by Fainn » Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:15 pm

I had to interact with my family :(
Why does Hugodrax want to suppress the Jesuits?

User avatar
Cleon
The Mad Hatter
The Mad Hatter
Posts: 15113
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: Indiana - South of 40
Contact:

Re: The Great Downtime of March 2019

Post by Cleon » Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:31 am

I came down with a bad case of WAD (watch acquisition disorder). I almost checked myself into the loony bin. I do not need to own a watch that costs more than my car.
"Let the little children come to Me, and do not forbid them; for of such is the kingdom of heaven" - Jesus

"More people need to put their big boy britches on." - JMG

"Dang, a pipe slap." - JimVH

Post Reply