Reasons Not To Like Cyclists Thread

The part of the church where the silliest things happen. Conversations that sound like they belong in the youth room will be moved here.
Jocose
a very large Chinese lizard man named Wu

Reasons Not To Like Cyclists Thread

Post by Jocose » Mon Jul 15, 2019 11:02 am

This is a lighthearted thread to complain about dem dam cyclists.
"And for Freds sake, DO NOT point anyone towards CPS or you'll put them off of both Christianity and pipe smoking forever." ~ FredS

"Other vessels will work, but the idealality of the Spam can cannot be contested." ~ JimVH

"The yutz is silly Jocose. I have him foed yet still have to view his stupid and annoying thread titles." ~ Goose55

Jocose

Re: Reasons Not To Like Cyclists Thread

Post by Jocose » Mon Jul 15, 2019 11:03 am

"And for Freds sake, DO NOT point anyone towards CPS or you'll put them off of both Christianity and pipe smoking forever." ~ FredS

"Other vessels will work, but the idealality of the Spam can cannot be contested." ~ JimVH

"The yutz is silly Jocose. I have him foed yet still have to view his stupid and annoying thread titles." ~ Goose55

Bloodhound
Loves Nickel Bands
Loves Nickel Bands

Post by Bloodhound » Mon Jul 15, 2019 11:52 am

Scott ( aka - Thor )
Do Justice...Love Mercy...Walk Humbly With Your GOD

Bloodhound
Loves Nickel Bands
Loves Nickel Bands

Post by Bloodhound » Mon Jul 15, 2019 11:54 am

Scott ( aka - Thor )

Bloodhound
Loves Nickel Bands
Loves Nickel Bands

Post by Bloodhound » Mon Jul 15, 2019 12:03 pm

Scott ( aka - Thor )

Bloodhound
Loves Nickel Bands
Loves Nickel Bands

Post by Bloodhound » Mon Jul 15, 2019 12:07 pm

Scott ( aka - Thor )

TNLawPiper
Needs to smoke more
Needs to smoke more

Post by TNLawPiper » Mon Jul 15, 2019 12:09 pm

1. They’re trying to move about. Who does that?

2. They’re in the road. Like, why would a vehicle be in the road?

3. They breathe air. Selfish jerks.

Goose55
Bartleby the Scrivener
Bartleby the Scrivener

Post by Goose55 » Mon Jul 15, 2019 12:31 pm

Bicycles are vehicles and must obey laws. But so must motorists. If they don't and accumulate points against their driving privilege, they will then be bicyclists as well. Heres a true story....

I had a fellow coming up fast behind me over on Wells Road a year or so ago. In a 25mph school zone. There was another vehicle coming from the opposite direction and this other fellow obviously was speeding up so he could blow me off and whiz by me and not have to slow down and wait. At the last minute, he slammed on his brakes because the oncoming vehicle was a Pima Co. Sheriffs Deputy. :scared:

The Deputy slowed to a near stop and then the other guy slowly passed within one foot of me. His side view mirror nearly clipped my elbow. Wrong move. The Deputy did a U-Turn and went after him. I later saw this same Deputy and he told me that fellow got two nice fat tickets. $800. For speeding in a school zone and illegally passing a bicyclist. I applaud that!

Arizona law is that when there is no bike lane, a motorist must wait until traffic clears and then and only then pass the bicyclist by going completely into the other lane. Many good citizens obey this law, but as many or more do not. But after an $800 fine, they may re-think their behavior.
"At present we're on the wrong side of the door. But all the pages of the New Testament are rustling with the rumor that it will not always be so." ~ C.S. Lewis

JimVH
Eddie and Alex's brother
Eddie and Alex's brother
Location: I wasn't born in Texas, but I got here as soon as I could.

Post by JimVH » Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:36 pm

Jocose wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 11:02 am

Tour de Francis wannabes.

coco
Uniquely Duggish
Uniquely Duggish

Post by coco » Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:08 pm

"Like a gold ring in a pig's snout is a cob with a forever lucite stem." (Pipverbs 1:1)
"No more signatures that quote other CPS members." - Thunk

Thunktank
Terminal Lance. Perpetual Sea Lawyer. Unicorn Aficionado
Terminal Lance.  Perpetual Sea Lawyer. Unicorn Aficionado

Post by Thunktank » Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:18 pm

Fat guys in spandex.
“Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.” -Yoda

JimVH
Eddie and Alex's brother
Eddie and Alex's brother
Location: I wasn't born in Texas, but I got here as soon as I could.

Post by JimVH » Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:23 pm

Thunktank wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:18 pm

Fat guys in spandex.
EXACTLY why I don't wear spandex.

Or ride a bike.

Jocose

Post by Jocose » Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:25 pm

Goose55 wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 12:31 pm
Bicycles are vehicles and must obey laws. But so must motorists. If they don't and accumulate points against their driving privilege, they will then be bicyclists as well. Heres a true story....

I had a fellow coming up fast behind me over on Wells Road a year or so ago. In a 25mph school zone. There was another vehicle coming from the opposite direction and this other fellow obviously was speeding up so he could blow me off and whiz by me and not have to slow down and wait. At the last minute, he slammed on his brakes because the oncoming vehicle was a Pima Co. Sheriffs Deputy. :scared:

The Deputy slowed to a near stop and then the other guy slowly passed within one foot of me. His side view mirror nearly clipped my elbow. Wrong move. The Deputy did a U-Turn and went after him. I later saw this same Deputy and he told me that fellow got two nice fat tickets. $800. For speeding in a school zone and illegally passing a bicyclist. I applaud that!

Arizona law is that when there is no bike lane, a motorist must wait until traffic clears and then and only then pass the bicyclist by going completely into the other lane. Many good citizens obey this law, but as many or more do not. But after an $800 fine, they may re-think their behavior.

Jocose

Post by Jocose » Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:57 pm

Jocose

Post by Jocose » Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:12 pm

Thunktank
Terminal Lance. Perpetual Sea Lawyer. Unicorn Aficionado
Terminal Lance.  Perpetual Sea Lawyer. Unicorn Aficionado

Post by Thunktank » Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:54 pm

Cyclists with sport bikes who have the nerve to think they have some SPECIAL PRIVILEGES to take up multiple rack spots! :evil:

Oh yeah, this is supposed to be “Lighthearted.” :lol:
“Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.” -Yoda

hugodrax
UncleHugo the Tobbaconist
UncleHugo the Tobbaconist

Post by hugodrax » Mon Jul 15, 2019 4:19 pm

Goose55 wrote:

How many times has someone here told you you were being a yutz vs how many times you rethought your behavior and agreed?
Notre Dame de Paris, priez pour nous y comprise les Jesuites.

Goose55
Bartleby the Scrivener
Bartleby the Scrivener

Post by Goose55 » Mon Jul 15, 2019 4:51 pm

JimVH wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:36 pm
Jocose wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 11:02 am

Tour de Francis wannabes.
There are never lighthearted complaints
"At present we're on the wrong side of the door. But all the pages of the New Testament are rustling with the rumor that it will not always be so." ~ C.S. Lewis

Goose55
Bartleby the Scrivener
Bartleby the Scrivener

Post by Goose55 » Mon Jul 15, 2019 4:55 pm

hugodrax wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 4:19 pm
Goose55 wrote:

How many times has someone here told you you were being a yutz vs how many times you rethought your behavior and agreed?
You and I both know that too many bicyclists are killed by those who complain about bicyclists. There is nothing lighthearted about that. If you had a loved one killed while biking you probably would not have said what you just wrote. Pedestrians and bicyclists come before automobiles.

FredS
Patriarch of All Shirkdom
Patriarch of All Shirkdom

Post by FredS » Mon Jul 15, 2019 4:58 pm

I wish CPS had some sort of section or special room where we could post jokes and wisecracks and just generally act like kids. Someone oughta ask Pepik to set that up.
"If we ever get to heaven boys, it aint because we aint done nothin' wrong" - Kris Kristofferson

"One of the things I love about CPS is the frank and enthusiastic dysfunction here. God help me, I do love it so." – OldWorldSwine

"I'd like to put a hook in that puppet and swing it through a bunch of salmon!" - durangopipe