TTCMA: Things That Chap My Ass

The part of the church where the silliest things happen. Conversations that sound like they belong in the youth room will be moved here.
Fainn
Master's of fArts
Master's of fArts
Location: Unleashing a deadly fart cloud on some unsuspecting soul

Re: TTCMA: Things That Chap My Ass

Post by Fainn » Wed Feb 03, 2021 8:57 pm

Sir Moose wrote:
Wed Feb 03, 2021 1:54 pm
Fainn wrote:
Tue Feb 02, 2021 5:18 pm
When they have a guest star on your tv show and the guest star looks soooo familiar but you can't place them or remember their name.
That's one of the times that the Internet Movie Database comes in really handy. Pull up your show, find the right episode, look through the characters and pull up the right one, then look at their other work.
Thank you. It was Candice Bergen. Murphy Brown herself.
Opinions are like butts. Everyone has one, but mine is the best.

Fainn
Master's of fArts
Master's of fArts

Post by Fainn » Wed Feb 10, 2021 4:41 pm

People who complain about their "meager" $5000 a month salary. I have ever made that.

coco
Uniquely Duggish
Uniquely Duggish

Post by coco » Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:16 pm

Fainn wrote:
Mon Jan 25, 2021 8:51 pm
I think I am the only one in the entire world that respects a person's belongings.
I borrowed your tooth brush. Hope you don't mind.
There are many terrible attributes of the lowly cob. Not the least of them is that it makes you look like a doof.

coco
Uniquely Duggish
Uniquely Duggish

Post by coco » Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:17 pm

Sir Moose wrote:
Wed Feb 03, 2021 6:18 pm
AFRS wrote:
Wed Feb 03, 2021 4:52 pm
This thread
Well we aren't starting a thread called "Things That Moisturize My Ass" just for you.
The moderators thank you, sir.
There are many terrible attributes of the lowly cob. Not the least of them is that it makes you look like a doof.

Fainn
Master's of fArts
Master's of fArts

Post by Fainn » Tue Feb 16, 2021 6:29 pm

I knew I wasn't going to get the job once they required a behaviorial assessment.

Fainn
Master's of fArts
Master's of fArts

Post by Fainn » Sun Feb 21, 2021 11:23 pm

BeefyG
Usher
Usher

Post by BeefyG » Wed Feb 24, 2021 6:05 pm

I have a pipe coming in the mail from Washington. So far it has been shipped West through the state and been through three different cities. I’m starting to suspect they are going to just pitch it straight into the ocean.

Fainn
Master's of fArts
Master's of fArts

Post by Fainn » Thu Feb 25, 2021 9:23 am

When an employer calls while your phone is charging so they move on to the next person instead.

BeefyG
Usher
Usher

Post by BeefyG » Fri Feb 26, 2021 7:10 am

BeefyG wrote:I have a pipe coming in the mail from Washington. So far it has been shipped West through the state and been through three different cities. I’m starting to suspect they are going to just pitch it straight into the ocean.
Nevermind. The package is in Texas. Consider me unchapped. Unchapped? Moisturized? Salved? What’s the word here?

JimVH
Boop Totesadorbs' Dad
Boop Totesadorbs' Dad
Location: I wasn't born in Texas, but I got here as soon as I could.

Post by JimVH » Fri Feb 26, 2021 10:00 am

BeefyG wrote:
Fri Feb 26, 2021 7:10 am
BeefyG wrote:I have a pipe coming in the mail from Washington. So far it has been shipped West through the state and been through three different cities. I’m starting to suspect they are going to just pitch it straight into the ocean.
Nevermind. The package is in Texas. Consider me unchapped. Unchapped? Moisturized? Salved? What’s the word here?
I believe exchapolated is the word you seek.
"The days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, I have really good days." Ray Wylie Hubbard

"Your boos mean nothing. I see what you cheer." Kevin Sorbo

BeefyG
Usher
Usher

Post by BeefyG » Fri Feb 26, 2021 12:03 pm

JimVH wrote:
BeefyG wrote:
Fri Feb 26, 2021 7:10 am
I believe exchapolated is the word you seek.
Somebody call Webster! We need to make this one official!

Adam Z
Jam Band Music Minister
Jam Band Music Minister

Post by Adam Z » Sat Feb 27, 2021 6:04 pm

The whole family went to a local manufactured home sales facility today. I had my checkbook in hand and was ready to put down $1000 to get the process started for the purchase of a home that my wife and I spoke to a sales rep about in late September. I went in expecting that the price would have risen from what was quoted to us a couple months ago, but not to the degree that they are now quoting us. What had been quoted at 160k is now being quoted at 205k - this was very disappointing. We walked out feeling rather dejected. The wife is taking it especially hard. 200k is well outside our budget. Back to square one in our home search :(
So what value is attached to a post like this? - Tatanka

BeefyG
Usher
Usher

Post by BeefyG » Sun Feb 28, 2021 8:46 am

Adam Z wrote:The whole family went to a local manufactured home sales facility today. I had my checkbook in hand and was ready to put down $1000 to get the process started for the purchase of a home that my wife and I spoke to a sales rep about in late September. I went in expecting that the price would have risen from what was quoted to us a couple months ago, but not to the degree that they are now quoting us. What had been quoted at 160k is now being quoted at 205k - this was very disappointing. We walked out feeling rather dejected. The wife is taking it especially hard. 200k is well outside our budget. Back to square one in our home search :(
I know it’s disappointing but maybe it’s because God has something better in store for you. We were moving towns during the 08 housing bubble. We had a contract to buy a house contingent on selling ours. The contract ran out the day after we got an offer our house. The sale of our house went through but the contract extension fell apart because they found another buyer. My wife, our 1 year old, and myself lived with my parents for eight months instead of the planned two weeks for renovations. A house on the same block as my parents was getting ready to go on the market. We talked to the lady and she wanted us to have the house after she saw our kid running around inside it. She sold it to us and it never went on the market. I can’t tell you how much of a blessing it has been to be that close to my parents as we had more kids and when my dad passed. Something we never planned but was just what we needed. I pray God blesses you in a similar way.

AnungUnRama
Vinyl Deejay
Vinyl Deejay

Post by AnungUnRama » Wed Mar 03, 2021 8:48 am

When you pay the extra $$$ for a "tax professional" to go over your taxes and they screw something up to the tune of $300 by putting a deduction on the wrong line, among other things. I think I found it the big problem, I just have to deal with fixing it with the state. What a pain.

Makes me wonder what got missed on Federal..........
Remember, if women don't find you handsome they should at least find you handy.
- Red Green

Fainn
Master's of fArts
Master's of fArts

Post by Fainn » Fri Mar 05, 2021 10:08 pm

I applied for a detailing job that had an assessment on par with the LSAT.