TTCMA: Things That Chap My Ass

The part of the church where the silliest things happen. Conversations that sound like they belong in the youth room will be moved here.
adauria
Don't Need No Fancy Title
Don't Need No Fancy Title

Re: TTCMA: Things That Chap My Ass

Post by adauria » Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:04 pm

AnungUnRama wrote:
Tue Mar 16, 2021 5:44 am
Jocose wrote:
Sun Mar 14, 2021 10:22 am
AnungUnRama wrote:
Wed Mar 03, 2021 8:48 am
When you pay the extra $$$ for a "tax professional" to go over your taxes and they screw something up to the tune of $300 by putting a deduction on the wrong line, among other things. I think I found it the big problem, I just have to deal with fixing it with the state. What a pain.

Makes me wonder what got missed on Federal..........
I can relate. We had to go to a tax "pro" after I got remarried. They butchered one return so badly that it was rejected and then after it they "fixed it" they never sent in the fixed return.

I only found this out after the IRS sent a letter saying that I was going to lose $480 if I didn't file within a certain time.

:headwall:
Yeah. I'm starting to get a little concerned now. I filed (and it was accepted) nearly two months ago now and still no word on Federal. I get they're backed up but I can't even resurrect anybody on the phone to see if there is a problem and how to solve it.
"Tax professional" != "CPA" (not that a CPA is always perfect either). This is why I won't use a tax place like H&R Block. They just basically train anyone to fill out forms and let them do their thing. Quality can vary quite a bit.

That said, my CPA did my taxes for the 12 year or so in a row with no problems (so far) other than my owing a LOT (I mean a LOT) of money to both fed and state. Bummer.

-Andrew

AnungUnRama
Vinyl Deejay
Vinyl Deejay

Post by AnungUnRama » Thu Apr 08, 2021 2:58 am

adauria wrote:
AnungUnRama wrote:
Jocose wrote:
AnungUnRama wrote:
When you pay the extra $$$ for a "tax professional" to go over your taxes and they screw something up to the tune of $300 by putting a deduction on the wrong line, among other things. I think I found it the big problem, I just have to deal with fixing it with the state. What a pain.

I can relate. We had to go to a tax "pro" after I got remarried. They butchered one return so badly that it was rejected and then after it they "fixed it" they never sent in the fixed return.

I only found this out after the IRS sent a letter saying that I was going to lose $480 if I didn't file within a certain time.

Yeah. I'm starting to get a little concerned now. I filed (and it was accepted) nearly two months ago now and still no word on Federal. I get they're backed up but I can't even resurrect anybody on the phone to see if there is a problem and how to solve it.
"Tax professional" != "CPA" (not that a CPA is always perfect either). This is why I won't use a tax place like H&R Block. They just basically train anyone to fill out forms and let them do their thing. Quality can vary quite a bit.

That said, my CPA did my taxes for the 12 year or so in a row with no problems (so far) other than my owing a LOT (I mean a LOT) of money to both fed and state. Bummer.

-Andrew
Apparently Federal got screwed up royally too. I can't even reach the department who has it to find out what or why.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Remember, if women don't find you handsome they should at least find you handy.
- Red Green

Fainn
Master's of fArts
Master's of fArts
Location: Unleashing a deadly fart cloud on some unsuspecting soul

Post by Fainn » Thu Apr 08, 2021 2:46 pm

People of a certain aid who avoid some things so they won't look a certain age. You're 75, Debbie! Wear the dang glasses!
Seminary maketh a dull pastor.

Jocose
a very large Chinese lizard man named Wu
a very large Chinese lizard man named Wu

Post by Jocose » Thu Apr 08, 2021 3:23 pm

AnungUnRama wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 2:58 am
adauria wrote:
AnungUnRama wrote:
Jocose wrote:
AnungUnRama wrote:

-Andrew
Apparently Federal got screwed up royally too. I can't even reach the department who has it to find out what or why.

Good luck!
"And for Freds sake, DO NOT point anyone towards CPS or you'll put them off of both Christianity and pipe smoking forever." ~ FredS

"This thread makes me sad." ~ SlowToke

"The yutz is silly Jocose. I have him foed yet still have to view his stupid and annoying thread titles." ~ Goose55

AnungUnRama
Vinyl Deejay
Vinyl Deejay

Post by AnungUnRama » Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:07 am

Jocose wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 3:23 pm
AnungUnRama wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 2:58 am
adauria wrote:
AnungUnRama wrote:
Jocose wrote:
AnungUnRama wrote:

-Andrew

Good luck!
Finally! Looks like it is supposed to be buttoned up by Wednesday. I'll know then if I have to fix anything.
Remember, if women don't find you handsome they should at least find you handy.
- Red Green

Fainn
Master's of fArts
Master's of fArts

Post by Fainn » Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:22 pm

Empoyers who act as if we have nothing better to do than spend haf a day at an iNterviwe when they've aready piCed someone ese.

Fainn
Master's of fArts
Master's of fArts

Post by Fainn » Wed Apr 14, 2021 11:41 am

Why do we have to pay taxes on things we are already paying the state for?

Adam Z
Jam Band Music Minister
Jam Band Music Minister

Post by Adam Z » Wed Apr 14, 2021 2:30 pm

Fainn wrote:
Wed Apr 14, 2021 11:41 am
Why do we have to pay taxes on things we are already paying the state for?
Kinda like when I have file my NC State Income Taxes and they tell me that my previous year's state income tax refund is considered taxable income that must be reported on the current filing. I've seriously considered not reporting it as a matter of principle - I overpaid my taxes, you refunded the overpayment - this is income that has already been taxed once - NOT new income to be taxed.

Also, paying annual property taxes on a motor vehicle independent of the sales taxes that were paid at the time of purchase & the annual registration fee.
So what value is attached to a post like this? - Tatanka